Tired of not getting traction......

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
There is a reason most drag cars are running 15 inch rear tires.

Forget the 20's, they are for looks and killing your kidneys.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Coyote 2121

Coyote 2121

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Gt
There is a reason most drag cars are running 15 inch rear tires.

Forget the 20's, they are for looks and killing your kidneys.
Not a drag car.
Just a stock street car.
Looks are important too.
Pretty sure these NT555r2's are gonna solve my problem.
20230818_161652.jpg

Magony15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GTPP Base/Prem, 2009 Ram 1500
I have those exact tires but with an MT82, 373 gears, and tuned on E85. They hook great. Ride nice and help to fill in fender gap. Your traction problems are over. I replaced my NT05R's with them. The 05R's stuck well all the way till the end.
20220519_164159.jpg

OP
OP
Coyote 2121

Coyote 2121

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Gt
I have those exact tires but with an MT82, 373 gears, and tuned on E85. They hook great. Ride nice and help to fill in fender gap. Your traction problems are over. I replaced my NT05R's with them. The 05R's stuck well all the way till the end.
20220519_164159.jpg
Best news I've had all day.
Thank you Brother.... 👍

skinnyb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT Premium PP1, 10 Auto Grabber Blue
I have the NItto 555G2 on mine, 305 30 20 and they have very little traction off the line (22 GT 10R80) at WOT unless they are really hot and the road is smooth and completly dry. Wet road, forget it, downright dangerous. I've got Michelin Pilot All Season 4 on my factory PP wheels in factory size (275 40 19) and they grip much better in all situations believe it or not.

Sponsored

Cory S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
I have the NItto 555G2 on mine, 305 30 20 and they have very little traction off the line (22 GT 10R80) at WOT unless they are really hot and the road is smooth and completly dry. Wet road, forget it, downright dangerous. I've got Michelin Pilot All Season 4 on my factory PP wheels in factory size (275 40 19) and they grip much better in all situations believe it or not.
The 555G2 isn’t a Drag radial either.
The 555Rll’s are.

Vtown702

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt pp
I mean… if there is one thing I find funny is that you’re expecting 1st gear digs in a 10 speed transmission to hook like you’re on the drag strip. I’m sorry but there just isn’t any feasible way to make that connection without getting thicker and wider tires as well as some type of suspension modification. The only thing I can say that could help with your traction issues is the FRPP Track springs and strut/shock upgrade. That’s what I have except with eibach pro kit springs and it is significantly better than stock.
Preach 🙌🏻.. only way is suspension and sticky tires… don’t care what car you have.. wanna hook.. suspension and drag radials

skinnyb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT Premium PP1, 10 Auto Grabber Blue
The 555G2 isn’t a Drag radial either.
The 555Rll’s are.
True. I don't drag race either. Just would like a little more traction on the street, it's a shame a 275 wide all season has better grip off the line than a 305 wide summer tire on a hot summer day, especially when wet. When it's wet 1/4 throttle it spins all the way thru third gear. Stock power levels too.

Garfy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT, 2012 Honda Fit Sport
Traction control is always fully engaged.
So I dunno.
I just want to know if anyone has experience with Goodyear F1 supercar 3 tires or NITTO 555r2 tires in a 305/35/20 size, and which they prefer.
When I mash it, I want to go. Not spin.
Now I'm spinning with relatively new Michelin super sports in 285 40 19.
105° outside and after a 45 min drive.
Tires won't get much warmer than that.
Not gonna line lock and do a burn out at every red light to get traction..... 🤷🏼‍♂️
I've got a base 2020 GT A10 and I have no spinning issues with traction control on it's default setting. If you're spinning tires off the line, you may have an issue with a malfunctioning traction control system. If I turn my trac control off, it'll spin tires like crazy, but if it's on, it barely chirps the stock crappy Pirellis and chirp on 1st to 2nd gear but won't spin and smoke tires.

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Preach 🙌🏻.. only way is suspension and sticky tires… don’t care what car you have.. wanna hook.. suspension and drag radials
This is true for an auto tranny car, but hooking on drag radials seems to be far more difficult with a manual tranny, with or without suspension work.

Sponsored

Vtown702

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt pp
This is true for an auto tranny car, but hooking on drag radials seems to be far more difficult with a manual tranny, with or without suspension work.
I have a 2017 manuals at the moment. and have owned 7 other fox body’s all manuals . And on all of them I have had suspension and mickeys on the rears.
don’t understand how the og posterson these forms ask a question. Than when the forum answers.they don’t want to hear the solutions.. yes you will need suspension to hook any kind of power… and yes you will need some sort of drag radial if you want to hook up. another pbig part is in the drivers right foot.. called pedal control lol just like ridding a motorcycle…throttle control 😎

OP
OP
Coyote 2121

Coyote 2121

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Gt
I've got a base 2020 GT A10 and I have no spinning issues with traction control on it's default setting. If you're spinning tires off the line, you may have an issue with a malfunctioning traction control system. If I turn my trac control off, it'll spin tires like crazy, but if it's on, it barely chirps the stock crappy Pirellis and chirp on 1st to 2nd gear but won't spin and smoke tires.
You know, that may be the problem. The car had a previous owner, and it's possible they tuned it and fooled around with traction control?
My old buddy had a 2010 SS Camaro and it had a launch control setting, and he could just mash it and it would go as fast as the traction allowed. And it was FAST. No spinning no nothing. Just GO!
Was wondering why we don't have that?
Do we?
This is my first modern mustang..... 🤷🏼‍♂️

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I have a 2017 manuals at the moment. and have owned 7 other fox body’s all manuals . And on all of them I have had suspension and mickeys on the rears.
don’t understand how the og posterson these forms ask a question. Than when the forum answers.they don’t want to hear the solutions.. yes you will need suspension to hook any kind of power… and yes you will need some sort of drag radial if you want to hook up. another pbig part is in the drivers right foot.. called pedal control lol just like ridding a motorcycle…throttle control 😎
@Vtown702, let’s grow this into a hook and book thread in general that can benefit both auto and manual tranny Mustang drivers. Can you share what works well for you in terms of getting out of the hole with your car? Maybe add some time slips as well if possible. Thanks

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
I love racing cars that dead hook.. so easy to beat.

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I love racing cars that dead hook.. so easy to beat.
Lay it out for us on how to do it @WildHorse. I know I can sure use the help. Got any time slips that you can share with us?

I keep kicking myself for not going with ET Street R bias plies tires over drag radials. Needless to say, I will be doing just that when it’s time for new shoes.
Sponsored