Coyote 2121

Coyote 2121

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Gt
How many miles on your MPSS? I had these tires on another car of mine and noticed the grip fell off a cliff after about 15k.

Like others said on page 1, go with the Sport Cup 2 or NT555r2
I've got about 12k on them and they, still look new to me.
They did seem to have a lot more stickiness when I first put them on. I have a road base driveway and there would be rocks stuck all over them.
I wonder if they have a much softer exterior layer that gets worn off after 5-10k? 🤷🏼‍♂️
I'm thinking I'll just try the NT555r2's.
They seem to be the cheapest option.
I'm just making stock horsepower, they should hook up pretty well from all I've read about them.
They're definitely some wide mofos.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Coyote 2121

Coyote 2121

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Gt
Drag radials or something pretty sticky.

Even with my meager power mods (and CB005) mine will spin plenty with 305 MPSS (11" wheel) out back....
Yeah, I think I'm gonna try the NT555r2's.
Good news is, if they suck, I'll need to replace them in no time.
And if they work, I won't mind replacing them in 6k.

OP
OP
Coyote 2121

Coyote 2121

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Gt
Interesting. I agree with some others, take a look at the Mickey Thompson ET Street S/S or Michelin Cup2. Just be careful on wet pavement. And have good mud guards, those tires are gonna sling gravel and everything else everywhere. I guess you got lucky and got a wild one right out of the box!
You know, I bought this car used with only 2900 miles on it, from a Ford dealer in Detroit.
It had 2° tint all around, even had about 35° on the windshield.
It had PPF on the front, and an X pipe, and a box of Katskins in the trunk.
I wouldn't be surprised if it had been tuned as well.
My woman has the same car in a premium trim, and it's WAY tamer than mine is.
But tunes don't add more than 30-40hp, I thought?
But what do I know......

Vertex

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Devan
Vehicle(s)
2022 GR Supra Matte Storm Gray Metallic
I only want to comment on my vehicle and have not really driven another mustang other than my own. I have a 21 Mach 1 and am running stock tire size with handling pack 305/30r19 front and 315/30r19 rear. The only time I can break the rear tires loose is going around a corner or on the upshifts from 1-2 and 2-3 at WOT. Currently running Michelin PS4S and they feel just as sticky on the street as the cup 2's. Obviously at a track there would be differences but otherwise I don't notice anything different between the 2 of them other than no stupid tramline with the PS4S tires. If I go WOT from a stand still the tires will hook every time if they are warmed up. I only get spin if it's cold out or tires are cold (forgot to mention I did op for the 10R80)

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
You know, I bought this car used with only 2900 miles on it, from a Ford dealer in Detroit.
It had 2° tint all around, even had about 35° on the windshield.
It had PPF on the front, and an X pipe, and a box of Katskins in the trunk.
I wouldn't be surprised if it had been tuned as well.
My woman has the same car in a premium trim, and it's WAY tamer than mine is.
But tunes don't add more than 30-40hp, I thought?
But what do I know......
I think it’s hard to extract that much out of just a tune but I supposed it’s possible. It’s interesting for sure. Hopefully you can find a tire that grips better for you

Sponsored

Oakley

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang
18's and good tire are best for this.

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
I only want to comment on my vehicle and have not really driven another mustang other than my own. I have a 21 Mach 1 and am running stock tire size with handling pack 305/30r19 front and 315/30r19 rear. The only time I can break the rear tires loose is going around a corner or on the upshifts from 1-2 and 2-3 at WOT. Currently running Michelin PS4S and they feel just as sticky on the street as the cup 2's. Obviously at a track there would be differences but otherwise I don't notice anything different between the 2 of them other than no stupid tramline with the PS4S tires. If I go WOT from a stand still the tires will hook every time if they are warmed up. I only get spin if it's cold out or tires are cold (forgot to mention I did op for the 10R80)
That's awesome! Do you have traction control off?
If I'm using the paddles with traction control off mine will spin all the way into 4th gear, I shit you not. Now I am tuned on E85, and I'm in a non-HP 10r80 so 275r19's on PS4S's
It really sucks because I'm like spinning the tires as I'm catching and going buy some other car who is messing with me...LOL
I also have the Steeda Sub-Frame support braces which helped a little.
And to me leaving traction control on sucks, hate the way it drops power.
So my next step is to get the widest tires I can fit which I think will be 295 on rear and 265 front and still have the rack the way I want it.

OP
OP
Coyote 2121

Coyote 2121

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Gt
That's exactly what I'm after.
If I go WOT from a standstill, I want my tires to hook every time.
If it's cold or they're cold, then that's understandable.
Your rear tires are pretty wide, and I guess that's what is needed.
Thanks for your comment, I was beginning to think there was no chance with these cars w/o drag radials.
I'm gonna try drag radials first, then maybe I'll try the ps4s later on.
When I get tired of replacing the DRs every summer.......

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase

Cory S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Yeah, I think I'm gonna try the NT555r2's.
Good news is, if they suck, I'll need to replace them in no time.
And if they work, I won't mind replacing them in 6k.
If they don’t work, it’s not the tire……….Trust me.

Sponsored

Cory S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
That's helpful.
You have a stock car. If you want straight line traction and use most of the available power on tap, put a DR on it. I run a 275/40/19 drag radial on an 8.5” wide wheel with 870-880whp and I have phenomenal traction. Get your rear camber closer to -.3 to -.7° as well.

OP
OP
Coyote 2121

Coyote 2121

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Gt
You have a stock car. If you want straight line traction and use most of the available power on tap, put a DR on it. I run a 275/40/19 drag radial on an 8.5” wide wheel with 870-880whp and I have phenomenal traction. Get your rear camber closer to -.3 to -.7° as well.
THAT'S helpful.
Sponsored