Tired of not getting traction......

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Yeah not sure how thats possible. I run the same size but ET Street SS here in FL at BMP just about every other week. No traction issues ever, and the sixties are slow because Im 10r80, 3.15 gears and NA. I also tried a 275/40/17 ET Street R and not only did it look ridiculous, it didnt help at all being a shorter tire. Still no traction issues though. See my two videos with both sets of DRs.
I have to give it to you, those 10R80 cars make it look so easy.
Sponsored

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
My time slips have been all over the place.q

1692373951512.jpeg

IMG_4585.jpeg

1692374022739.jpeg

Last edited:

RedTetsu13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT California Special
I've got a 2020 base gt with 301a package and 10 speed trans.
I have 19x10 forgestars on the rear with Michelin pilot super sports in 285/40r19.
Factory springs and shocks NOT gonna lower it. Been there done that and hated it.
Cb005 from BMR because it tried to kill me shifting at 60 or so and getting violently sideways.
So it doesn't do THAT anymore, but I'm tired of punching it from a red light and just spinning half the time.
I want traction and I want it NOW GODDAMNIT. šŸ˜
So, I'm looking at 20x11 forgestars for the rear only.
Yeah, I know. Don't care. 19f 20r won't be noticable to most.
My question is, nitto 555r2's OR Goodyear F1 supercar 3 for the rear in 305 35r20?
Anyone with experience with either, or both, please chime in.
Oh, I'll keep the rears I have now for winter if necessary. However in central Texas we rarely see below freezing.
And I have a beater for when it rains, so unless I get caught, that's not a huge factor.
I mainly want GOOD STRAIGHT LINE traction on the street. Car isn't tracked at all.
Thanks in advance.
Not a drag racer so take what I say with a grain of salt here. But I haven't seen a negative review of the Supercar 3's, and those will be much closer of a match/upgrade over the Super Sports which are old in the tooth. In reality you would probably be looking at 3R's for maximum performance from what I've read, but I think if you are dailying the tire then the 3 is a slightly better fit unless you care about having additional rain traction.
Remember that tires are a pay to win option, you are going to be better off always on the 'premium' spectrum unless you are going for something hyper specific.
Additionally I think rather than the NT555's you would probably want to be looking at the NT05's or NT01's. the 555's aren't terrible but if you are talking a competitor to the Supercar 3 the NT05's or NT01's are closer to that segment than the 555's.

FUN2RIDEFAST

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium/PP
Vehicle Showcase
I've got a 2020 base gt with 301a package and 10 speed trans.
I have 19x10 forgestars on the rear with Michelin pilot super sports in 285/40r19.
Factory springs and shocks NOT gonna lower it. Been there done that and hated it.
Cb005 from BMR because it tried to kill me shifting at 60 or so and getting violently sideways.
So it doesn't do THAT anymore, but I'm tired of punching it from a red light and just spinning half the time.
I want traction and I want it NOW GODDAMNIT. šŸ˜
So, I'm looking at 20x11 forgestars for the rear only.
Yeah, I know. Don't care. 19f 20r won't be noticable to most.
My question is, nitto 555r2's OR Goodyear F1 supercar 3 for the rear in 305 35r20?
Anyone with experience with either, or both, please chime in.
Oh, I'll keep the rears I have now for winter if necessary. However in central Texas we rarely see below freezing.
And I have a beater for when it rains, so unless I get caught, that's not a huge factor.
I mainly want GOOD STRAIGHT LINE traction on the street. Car isn't tracked at all.
Thanks in advance.
My cars supercharged and I'm running 19 all around with 275 front and 305 rear. From spring to fall I'm running Nitto R2 drag radials on the rear and they pretty much solve the problem for me. I'm sure it'd work for you.

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I mean you can hear all that slip just killing that high RPM launch. Thats whats slowing you down. You might want to switch to a 15" if you cant get traction without that hitmaster thing. That seems like its counter productive to induce all that slip. Its like TC kicking in.
Exactly. In theory, thatā€™s how itā€™s intended to work (launch at 7K+ and induce programmed slip which pulls the motor down to the meat of the torque band of about 4800 or so), but something isnā€™t working. I feel like Iā€™ve thrown a lot of mods onto the car such as, the Hitmaster, Ram Pro Street twin disc clutch, KellTrac Ultra Spec Inverted Viking Drag Shocks, both of which require finding their optimum settings. Kelly @KellTrac gave me new shock settings of 4C/9R and told me to lower the launch rpm to 5K and work up from there. I tried that last week and still ended up with crappy 2.0 sixties (frustrating as heck to say the least). The more I think about it, I may have selected the wrong tire for my manual tranny.

Iā€™ve been looking around on LS forums and it seems that stick cars are struggling with the ET Street R radials as well.

Sponsored

gone_n_60

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Whit
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP Convertible
Last Mustang was a 2005 gt with only 28k when I bought it used. Guy had ebich pro kit springs.
Rode like ass.
I finally added some Bilstein shocks and struts and that helped. But the struts seems to raise the front a bit.
Got Bilsteins for the rear of this one, but haven't put them on yet.
I just don't want to ruin the ride. Plus I live out in the country and there's road kill everywhere.
Possums, coons, porky pines. Shit, I'd be replacing the front splitter all the time.
Plus the taller tires fill the wheel gap well enough.
So you've used the nitto 555r2's?
How'd they do on the street?
I've read they do better on the street than the track?
Texas! You left out the Armadillo's, LOL! Always found it funny when some smartass would put a Lone Star bottle next to a road kill 'dillo.
(Native son, now living expat in Midwest)

Last edited:

ZXMustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Exactly. In theory, thatā€™s how itā€™s intended to work (launch at 7K+ and induce programmed slip which pulls the motor down to the meat of the torque band of about 4800 or so), but something isnā€™t working. I feel like Iā€™ve thrown a lot of mods onto the car such as, the Hitmaster, Ram Pro Street twin disc clutch, KellTrac Ultra Spec Inverted Viking Drag Shocks, both of which require finding their optimum settings. Kelly @KellTrac gave me new shock settings of 4C/9R and told me to lower the launch rpm to 5K and work up from there. I tried that last week and still ended up with crappy 2.0 sixties (frustrating as heck to say the least). The more I think about it, I may have selected the wrong tire for my manual tranny.

Iā€™ve been looking around on LS forums and it seems that stick cars are struggling with the ET Street R radials as well.
They are struggling with not breaking rear end parts, not traction at all. Those radials are the best in the business. Stick guys use the 15s so they have more sidewall and give to put less snap force on axles and the driveline. In my opinion you are pushing it way to hard with that hitmaster. 3k-4k launch without it, dropping the ET Street Rs down into the teens on pressure, you should rip off sub 1.6 short times.

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
They are struggling with not breaking rear end parts, not traction at all. Those radials are the best in the business. Stick guys use the 15s so they have more sidewall and give to put less snap force on axles and the driveline. In my opinion you are pushing it way to hard with that hitmaster. 3k-4k launch without it, dropping the ET Street Rs down into the teens on pressure, you should rip off sub 1.6 short times.
Copy that. Iā€™ll let you know how it goes next time out.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Hmm, Iā€™m on 285ā€™s, Conti ECS and I donā€™t have traction issues. Bone stock engine just like you OP. I can make it get break loose if I mash the gas pedal, but Iā€™m not driving like that on the street. Are you getting a bunch of wheel hop that is causing you to spin a bit? If so, try some of the Steeda stop the hop stuff. I too have the 3.15 gears so weā€™re very much apples to apples.

OP
OP
Coyote 2121

Coyote 2121

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Gt
Are you getting wheel hop as well? If so, Steeda's Stop the Hop kit will improve things significantly. I know you said you do not want to lower it, but going with a better spring/damper combo will help too. Again, Steeda stuff.

" Cb005 from BMR because it tried to kill me shifting at 60 or so and getting violently sideways."

How did this happen? Was it installed correctly? Thousands of people use this with no adverse issues.
No, what I meant was it tried to kill me stock, BEFORE the cboo5 installation.
That's a great part, still spins during hard shifts, but the rear doesn't kick out anymore.
And zero wheel hop.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Coyote 2121

Coyote 2121

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Gt
Hmm, Iā€™m on 285ā€™s, Conti ECS and I donā€™t have traction issues. Bone stock engine just like you OP. I can make it get break loose if I mash the gas pedal, but Iā€™m not driving like that on the street. Are you getting a bunch of wheel hop that is causing you to spin a bit? If so, try some of the Steeda stop the hop stuff. I too have the 3.15 gears so weā€™re very much apples to apples.
Thanks for your input.
No, as I mentioned in my original post, I have the cb005 BMR cradle lock out parts. And no wheel hop.
Just loss of traction, at I'd say, half throttle from a dig.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Thanks for your input.
No, as I mentioned in my original post, I have the cb005 BMR cradle lock out parts. And no wheel hop.
Just loss of traction, at I'd say, half throttle from a dig.
Interesting. I agree with some others, take a look at the Mickey Thompson ET Street S/S or Michelin Cup2. Just be careful on wet pavement. And have good mud guards, those tires are gonna sling gravel and everything else everywhere. I guess you got lucky and got a wild one right out of the box!

SBR70.3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT Premium, 23 Explorer ST, 19 GTI (DD)
How many miles on your MPSS? I had these tires on another car of mine and noticed the grip fell off a cliff after about 15k.

Like others said on page 1, go with the Sport Cup 2 or NT555r2

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Drag radials or something pretty sticky.

Even with my meager power mods (and CB005) mine will spin plenty with 305 MPSS (11" wheel) out back....

OP
OP
Coyote 2121

Coyote 2121

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Gt
Texas! You left out the Armadillo's, LOL! Always found it funny when some smartass would put a Lone Star bottle next to a road kill 'dillo.
(Native son, now living expat in Midwest)
How could I possibly forget the armadillos????
Worse than the dillos are the damned deer.......
I call em car killers...... Jesus.
Sponsored