ESS Centrifugal Mustang Superchargers

Zrussian13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2018 Acura MDX
I don't have the kit, but have been following this thread a long while. If I ultimately keep my car (undecided) I'd definitely get this kit.

I read on here a many many pages ago about the ngk 6510's factory gap of .40 to .44 and that adjusting them down to the .28 or so is not advisable? Something to the effect of gapping over .10 on the ngk plugs factory setting isn't recommended or designed to be done safely,as well as them not being a colder plug even on an 18+

But I see everyone seems to be running them without issue.
The 6510s are your best bet even though you have to adjust the gap quite a bit. I tried two other cold plugs with tighter gaps to avoid having to adjust as much but the car definitely feels the best on the ngks.
Sponsored

Whitedevil95

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J.P.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
this setup is going to be insane! are you doing E85 straight out the box, or gonna do some 93 first? would love to see what you get on 93. also, for the gen 2, what fuel system did you get?

@RoGCobraRV i believe what you're referring to is changing more than .010 plug gap in stock configuration. you dont want to do that, but boosted, most tuners recommend around .026-.028 from what i can tell for ESS specifically. but always double check with what your specific tuner prefers.
Just going straight to E85, Ive been on E85 for about 4 years now on the whipple. I have a FORE Innovations dual pump system.

daSNAK3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jake
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Need some help, was troubleshooting my boost gauge and the issue is when I have it setup like it is in the photo, it only reads vacuum at -6 to -7 at idle. Once I remove the hose from the top of the regulator and plug it with my finger it goes right to where it should be and was before the fuel system installā€¦ -20.

So do I have this hooked up wrong? Iā€™m not sure where to go from here to get it to read correctly, like it was.

IMG_1810.jpeg

86pagt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dale
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT
Oh ya. Already got it sitting in a cart with one lol. It can get hot here in VA. G2, 125mm, g3 ic, gt500 injectors, bap, straight gears. Figure thats about as gentle as you can be and will still run fine on pump gas.

Was almost considering the roush again for the warranty until i realized it just replaces it with a 3/36k powertrain and i only have a year left that would be valid for anyway.

Sounds exactly what I would like to do. What part of Va?

chohan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Erik
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT, 301a, 10r80
Exhaust was on track also super loud. My old 2008 zx6r was rediculous. I changed the sprockets 1 down up front 2 up in rear for faster accel offline. Not allowed have bike anymore. Miss that bike.

Screenshot_20230622-162920_Gallery.jpg
I had an 09 just like that in blue. Then a Yammi FZ09, XSR900 and just sold my Kawi z900rs cafe.

The thing about the SS 600 bikes, most of the young guys are afraid to tach them up where they need to be when launching from a dig. I beat 2 or 3 while my car was still stock because I would haul ass off the line and by the time they got in the powerband my 10r80 was already in the 6-7500 sweet zone and they just never could close the gap. Even had the guy on the Honda 600 cone up and fist-bump me at the next light. A liter bike prolly would've been a different story.

Doubt I could do that from a dig now since I'd be spinning through 1st and 2nd. Need to get these nitto r2s on the back after I wear these Indy 500s down a bit more.

Last edited:

Sponsored

SheepDog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dax
Vehicle(s)
Iconic Silver 2022 MACH 1 HP
I need yā€™allā€™s opinion. I was leaving a cars and coffee today and a YouTuber caught me leaving. I watched the video and noticed what looked like smoke coming from my exhaust. Is this normal? Never seen what I look like from behind under heavy acceleration. I am catless
Normal. Especially for catless. that is just unburned fuel and recycled dinosaur dust

daSNAK3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jake
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Need some help, was troubleshooting my boost gauge and the issue is when I have it setup like it is in the photo, it only reads vacuum at -6 to -7 at idle. Once I remove the hose from the top of the regulator and plug it with my finger it goes right to where it should be and was before the fuel system installā€¦ -20.

So do I have this hooked up wrong? Iā€™m not sure where to go from here to get it to read correctly, like it was.

IMG_1810.jpeg
NM got it fixed with beefcakes help. I didnā€™t realize the gold plug on there was vented. Changed it out and all good now.

vaeevictiss

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Sounds exactly what I would like to do. What part of Va?
NOVAish area. Just had my boundary gears done this week by Excessive in Manassas.

Whitedevil95

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J.P.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
NM got it fixed with beefcakes help. I didnā€™t realize the gold plug on there was vented. Changed it out and all good now.
I was just going to say I dont recall mine having a vent looking thing on the side. I thought it was a plug.

WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot_Ricky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2022 mustang gt
Normal. Especially for catless. that is just unburned fuel and recycled dinosaur dust
Haha alright cool. Car runs great so I should just relax and enjoy it lol

Sponsored

chohan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Erik
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT, 301a, 10r80
The 6510s are your best bet even though you have to adjust the gap quite a bit. I tried two other cold plugs with tighter gaps to avoid having to adjust as much but the car definitely feels the best on the ngks.
Was one of those NGK95822 ?
because I remember this post from way earlier in this thread.

Ngk 95822 is a much better plug for this application, same price but it lasts twice as long, much stronger strap and was designed for boost. It's the factory ford gt plug, comes at .030, works great gapped at .026. The 6510 comes at .044 gap, gapping it to .026/.028 is not recommended at all. Never open or close a gap more then .008 otherwise the ground strap is no longer parallel which causes other issues. People just recommend the 6510 because they are easy to get. It's not even a heat range colder anymore because in 2020 ford went to a 7 heat range from the factory, same as the 6510.

HKusp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
lol if someone stuck with me on my GSXR 750 in a car i'd definitely be all jacked up wondering what the EFF is in it lol that's just insane. bikes are stupid fast
You mean like this? This was me vs a GSXR 750 a couple years back in my 650+RWHP '09 GT500 on junk ass Nitto 555G2's so traction was an issue.

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
Just going straight to E85, Ive been on E85 for about 4 years now on the whipple. I have a FORE Innovations dual pump system.

only way to go
:)

jmagnus87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Magnus
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Comp Orange '22 Chevy Silverado
Well, bad news everyone, i think my shit is broken šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø
Edit: just looked at gear ratio it's wrong and it says pull gear is 1:1 but the pulls were in 4th
Sponsored

Attachments

Last edited: