ESS Centrifugal Mustang Superchargers

Proshop

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT
ok cool thanks! so, do you think i should have an intact PCV on each valve cover then? or probably not because then under boost the Crankcase Pressure would have nowhere to go, correct?
Personally with a closed system I would not gut the PCV and let it still work like the factory system and use the the UPR oil cap vent. When venting to atmosphere is when I would gut the PCV and still use the oil cap vent also.
Sponsored

jmagnus87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Magnus
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Comp Orange '22 Chevy Silverado
Personally with a closed system I would not gut the PCV and let it still work like the factory system and use the the UPR oil cap vent. When venting to atmosphere is when I would gut the PCV and still use the oil cap vent also.
right, you already explained that part to me and i actually pay attention and learned that part somehow LOL. closed system from the factory only has one side with the pvc spring valve on the passenger side only. i can put intact PCVs on each side with the spring because both my valve covers are twist lock. so with a closed style system, would it probably be bad to seal both sides? because not under vacuum, meaning under boost, would effectively lock the pressure in the crankcase.

stock config without boost, when the PCV is sealed off, where would the crankcase pressure go? into the intake tubing, correct?

Last edited:

Proshop

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT
right, you already explained that part to me and i actually pay attention and learned that part somehow LOL. closed system from the factory only has one side with the pvc spring valve on the passenger side only. i can put intact PCVs on each side with the spring because both my valve covers are twist lock. so with a closed style system, would it probably be bad to seal both sides? because not under vacuum, meaning under boost, would effectively lock the pressure in the crankcase.

stock config without boost, when the PCV is sealed off, where would the crankcase pressure go? into the intake tubing, correct?
This is where the oil fill one way breather comes into play. It would release that excess pressure in the crank case.
https://www.uprproducts.com/ford-gm-baffled-billet-one-way-valve-cover-crankcase-breather-kit-upr/

Also I had a brain fart… when you buy the UPR closed can system it comes with two check valves so boost doesn’t come back into the system. Don’t know if you would need it on a two can system or if that’s just a one can system setup. My brain isn’t functioning at capacity right this second! Lol

jmagnus87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Magnus
Vehicle(s)
This is where the oil fill one way breather comes into play. It would release that excess pressure in the crank case.
https://www.uprproducts.com/ford-gm-baffled-billet-one-way-valve-cover-crankcase-breather-kit-upr/

Also I had a brain fart… when you buy the UPR closed can system it comes with two check valves so boost doesn’t come back into the system. Don’t know if you would need it on a two can system or if that’s just a one can system setup. My brain isn’t functioning at capacity right this second! Lol
yeah sorry man, i'm just trying to understand the theory above all and anything. i understand you can just buy whatever system and run it the way they say. i want to know why you know what i mean?? cuz i was toying with the idea of running the cans in series across the two heads, but i'm not sure what benefit that would provide. i can run it in parallel essentially like stock with the two cans, then do i benefit from running a line in the top two each other? is this where a check valve would come into play? wouldn't it be best for the engine to have equalized pressure on BOTH sides of it?? why did Ford make it so that theres such a wild difference between heads in the PCV system? these might be questions for a guy like @engineermike lol

gameovergt

Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang GT California Special (A10)
Vehicle Showcase

Ive got 1 of these if someome needs it?

Sponsored

gameovergt

Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

Whitedevil95

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J.P.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT

gameovergt

Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Breather has been sold. Using $ to save for tires. Did a full send from stop yesterday against an orange zx6r. Finally realized pirellis are no good on boost. Kawi was surprised that I stayed with him. Pucker factor was 125%.

Sponsored

Proshop

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT
Breather has been sold. Using $ to save for tires. Did a full send from stop yesterday against an orange zx6r. Finally realized pirellis are no good on boost. Kawi was surprised that I stayed with him. Pucker factor was 125%.
These kits are no joke even on a larger pulley!

jmagnus87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Magnus
Vehicle(s)
lol if someone stuck with me on my GSXR 750 in a car i'd definitely be all jacked up wondering what the EFF is in it lol that's just insane. bikes are stupid fast

gameovergt

Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
lol if someone stuck with me on my GSXR 750 in a car i'd definitely be all jacked up wondering what the EFF is in it lol that's just insane. bikes are stupid fast
Exhaust was on track also super loud. My old 2008 zx6r was rediculous. I changed the sprockets 1 down up front 2 up in rear for faster accel offline. Not allowed have bike anymore. Miss that bike.

Screenshot_20230622-162920_Gallery.jpg

Proshop

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT
I’m hoping at some point I can match up against a fast bike and see what the car will do!

jmagnus87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Magnus
Vehicle(s)
any guy with an R1 in big letters on the side of his yamaha oughta do it lol. just go find one at a gas station and be like 'can we race? i wanna see if i can keep up' they're only about 220hp and about 440lbs :crackup: :crackup:
Sponsored