Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jake
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Dang lol that would have been a fun race
You tellin’ me… I got so excited, I was rolling with them for about 10 miles, but there was just too much traffic and I had somewhere to be, so I had to turn off. 😢
Sponsored

WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot_Ricky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2022 mustang gt
You tellin’ me… I got so excited, I was rolling with them for about 10 miles, but there was just too much traffic and I had somewhere to be, so I had to turn off. 😢
One day it’ll happen lmao I would think you would easily take one. What’s their whp? Like 680-700?

daSNAK3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jake
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT
Vehicle Showcase
One day it’ll happen lmao I would think you would easily take one. What’s their whp? Like 680-700?
Looks like about 670 for PBD when they dyno’d theirs. I’m on E85 now so I should have a little bump in power… I would need it to since they got that Auto, lol.

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2022 mustang gt
Looks like about 670 for PBD when they dyno’d theirs. I’m on E85 now so I should have a little bump in power… I would need it to since they got that Auto, lol.
Oh shit. Yeah that’ll be a fun one then.

I think I might even be able to hang with a stock one. That DCT is better than my 10r80 though so maybe not lmao

Whitedevil95

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J.P.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Exactly 4 weeks for my order all my ESS Stuff arrived!
G4 Intercooler and G3X Head unit, such high quality!

IMG_1080.jpg

IMG_1079.jpg

Sponsored

jmagnus87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Magnus
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Comp Orange '22 Chevy Silverado
Seems a bit on the conservative side. My gen3 w G3 did 644whp on 125 pulley with 93 and a healthy shot of boostane. Mustang dyno running Holeshot software. I think I'm getting about 8psi on my mechanical boost gauge at 7500rpm. How much boost are you seeing?

VideoCapture_20230511-104556.jpg

If you're seeing the right amount of boost, I wouldn't sweat over the numbers.
I'm 90% sure i had a boost leak. I didn't expect monster numbers from a mustang dyno, but being below 600, i figured something was wrong... boost gauge is now in the dash just waiting for the vacuum block to show up, should be here Wednesday. Then i can hook up my boost gauge and see. I was probably getting about 4-5psi. I'm probably closer to the 9 or 10 I'm supposed to have on the 115mm

vaeevictiss

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium PP1
is there a reliable way to test octane in gas? I know a lot of people do this with E85 but i wasnt sure if there was a way to see if the 93 im getting is actually 93.

HKusp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
One of the Facebook guys said stock gen 2 headers are super restrictive and most charts I've seen had long tubes? Could that truly be my issue?
That's not entirely true. There are plenty of guys running stock headers and cats in the 850-900hp range. They actually are pretty good right from the factory.

Last edited:

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2022 mustang gt
No
is there a reliable way to test octane in gas? I know a lot of people do this with E85 but i wasnt sure if there was a way to see if the 93 im getting is actually 93.
No. It works with E85 because you’re using water to separate the ethanol and gas to get a percentage of ethanol content. But to measure octane it takes expensive equipment. Best thing to do is only fill up at top tier rated gas stations. https://stationfinder.toptiergas.com/

chohan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Erik
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT, 301a, 10r80
I'm 90% sure i had a boost leak. I didn't expect monster numbers from a mustang dyno, but being below 600, i figured something was wrong... boost gauge is now in the dash just waiting for the vacuum block to show up, should be here Wednesday. Then i can hook up my boost gauge and see. I was probably getting about 4-5psi. I'm probably closer to the 9 or 10 I'm supposed to have on the 115mm
Ok, sounds good.

I'm assuming you saw the post that Wengerd and Ken Hilliard made on the FB group regarding your post.
Something about the dyno and year of the car. I'm not sure what they're on about... just hoping you saw it because Ken definitely knows his stuff.

Sponsored

jmagnus87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Magnus
Vehicle(s)
Ok, sounds good.

I'm assuming you saw the post that Wengerd and Ken Hilliard made on the FB group regarding your post.
Something about the dyno and year of the car. I'm not sure what they're on about... just hoping you saw it because Ken definitely knows his stuff.
Yeah i saw what they were talking about, i messaged ken directly but he never responded. So i don't know what settings need to be done or why but whatever. Again, it's just a tool to know my car is working properly and the number doesn't really matter. My boy 'wang' said my logs are showing around what 690rwhp is/should be based off the data. And I'm more than content with that number. So if i see at least 650 on the janky dyno, that's good for me lol

chohan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Erik
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT, 301a, 10r80
I wish.

As Ricky says, top tier gas.
I run a 93 tune and do a lot of datalogging just to keep an eye on things. I was having to run a bit of boostane due to a bit of knock but it wasn't at WOT nor was it on every log.

Daryle dialed my timing back just a bit on last revision but before loading that revision, I noticed I could add 1 gallon e85 to 15 gallons 93... put me around e15 and had the same effect as the small amount of boostane I was adding. I'd rather stay away from octane boosters since I'm still running cats. Some say it clogs cats and coats the O2 sensors... I don't know but just trying to play it safeish.

vaeevictiss

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium PP1
I wish.

As Ricky says, top tier gas.
I run a 93 tune and do a lot of datalogging just to keep an eye on things. I was having to run a bit of boostane due to a bit of knock but it wasn't at WOT nor was it on every log.

Daryle dialed my timing back just a bit on last revision but before loading that revision, I noticed I could add 1 gallon e85 to 15 gallons 93... put me around e15 and had the same effect as the small amount of boostane I was adding. I'd rather stay away from octane boosters since I'm still running cats. Some say it clogs cats and coats the O2 sensors... I don't know but just trying to play it safe.
So you mention data logging, what pids should I really be paying attention to. I know there's the obvious ones like afr, boost/vac, timing.... What other ones?

jmagnus87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Magnus
Vehicle(s)
So you mention data logging, what pids should I really be paying attention to. I know there's the obvious ones like afr, boost/vac, timing.... What other ones?
Your tuner should pre-determine this for you based on their preferences. Wengerd sent me a custom configuration through the HP Tuners app with all the PIDs

chohan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Erik
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT, 301a, 10r80
Lol, man I'm a noob to to custom tunes and datalogging.

You're better off directing that question to @Proshop or anyone but me. I'd like to hear their feedback on that question also.

I've mainly been using it for knock retard and timing, also graphing my O2 Voltage B1S2 and B2S2 to keep and eye on the cats. I'm still learning about all the other stuff, afr, st and lt fuel trims, etc. HP Tuners Scanner software has been a huge learning curve for me. Hat tip to @engineermike for helping me over a few hurdles at the beginning.
Sponsored