Totaled - RIP My Love

offroadkarter

Threads
Reaction score
Website
offroadkarter.smugmug.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
You sound so butt hurt, why?...Did an STi ever humiliate you and embarass you at one point in your life...
Butthurt? No, I'm just laughing at the fact you managed to wipe out going in a straight line. The only thing embarrassing is when all the import kids buy cheap mustangs and start wrecking left and right, turning the mustang into a meme car.

Go puff a vape, you'll feel better :cheers:
Sponsored

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
FYI these new motors have a safe mode...or limp mode..the motor will shut itself automatically before blowing up..
That still doesn't make it a great idea to be driving with a coolant leak.

On a more important level, don't put so much faith in any of the technologies that are supposed to do what people always used to have to know about and do for themselves. Any of them.

You nailed it...I had traction on and in normal mode....
Like I mentioned above . . . the amount of help that TC and AdvanceTrak can provide is still limited. I tend to doubt that the car suddenly decided to "snap loose" at 66°F unless you were clowning around/showing off and maybe hit a damp spot/loose sand/other tire grip killer.

TC cannot create grip out of thin air even though it can generally do a better job with what grip does exist than you can.

Norm

Maggneto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Turbo Premium PP/Navi/ZF(6R80) Shaker Pro
Sorry to hear that you totalled your car. Things get real interesting under 70 in the EB/PP with cold tires so I am sure the GT is a hand full. I am sideways half a mile leaving my house form October thru March.

Dirtyblueshirt

Award Winning Taste™
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger Lariat Tremor
Butthurt? No, I'm just laughing at the fact you managed to wipe out going in a straight line. The only thing embarrassing is when all the import kids buy cheap mustangs and start wrecking left and right, turning the mustang into a meme car.

Go puff a vape, you'll feel better :cheers:
Reminds me of this...

View attachment 98817

Last edited:

shahram72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shahram
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 auto Foundry pkg.
I get his thinking. AWD is just superior. My last car had AWD and it was so much easier to drive fast and safer. And that was a luxury car. Yeah, it was driver error but I don't see all the attacks warranted. I think it takes a lot of skill to drive these fast. I don't have it, another reason why I have a V6, I'd end up in a meme with a 5.0. Got mine for the looks and feel, and it's got that.... Good luck and enjoy whatever you decide on.

Sponsored

brandonsmash

SMASH!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT - PP
Sorry to hear that you totalled your car. Things get real interesting under 70 in the EB/PP with cold tires so I am sure the GT is a hand full. I am sideways half a mile leaving my house form October thru March.
I mean, knock on wood, but I don't have any issues with my GT/PP. Granted, winters here are mild but I drove all winter on the stock P-Zero tires and didn't go sideways once.

StoplightWarrior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 STi, 2016 Camaro SS, 2016 Infiniti QX50
that sucks!!

back in the early 2000s, I crashed my 2000 GT (vortech blown) a couple times, and had several other close calls. This kind of power, rwd, modded, can be trouble. I traded my GT for an STi. Certainly less of an all around thrill, but I feel so much more confident behind the wheel in everyday situations, and when it rains, I'm definitely thankful for the AWD

Mr Monte

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT Premium
Ford should switch the DWS as standard tires. Sorry about the car that just plain sucks. Glad you are OK.
I made the mistake of installing new takeoff summer P-Zeros from a Mustang GT PP on my 2013 Mustang GT. So easy to break the P-Zeros loose when cold and if not careful you could easily spin the back end around so I wouldn't let other people drive it. I did drive 70 miles in snow with 1600ft elevation change in the summer P-Zero without any issues but I was very easy on the gas. Passed 4 accidents that day.

I replaced the summer P-Zeros with 85% tread remaining with Conti DWS06 all-season tires and now my Mustang has great traction wet or dry & hot or cold. 2 of the 85% tread remaining P-Zeros already had cracks from being exposed to cold weather I guess.

Last edited:

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
In for the LOL...
IMG_1432.JPG

Sponsored

stoli

Fat Guy Racing
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'15 Black GT/PP
Hmmmmmm.....
You'd think in the course of a year he would have learned how to handle rwd.... I guess it is a good idea he goes back to a car with training wheels.

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
I'm sure I'm late by now to the party, but 66* and lost traction because of the cold?

I just did a trackday at a roadcourse and the temps outside were below 66* for the entire day (October in New Hampshire). Hell, the first session early in the morning it was in the low 50s outside.

I drove the card HARD and never felt like it was sliding around...even in the first couple laps when the tires were cold.

stoli

Fat Guy Racing
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'15 Black GT/PP
I can just envision him telling the story to his Subie Bros:

"Bro <blows vape cloud> those tires sucked."

<sucks on his mod, blows another cloud>

"It was 66* and the tires couldn't handle it. I floored it in a turn and the rear end got loose. Now I know why all those guys crash at C&C, it's the tires."

Maggneto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Turbo Premium PP/Navi/ZF(6R80) Shaker Pro
I mean, knock on wood, but I don't have any issues with my GT/PP. Granted, winters here are mild but I drove all winter on the stock P-Zero tires and didn't go sideways once.
I am sideways on purpose, not by accident as I turn off traction control for the fun factor. Winters here are mild with an average daytime temp of 50 in the Winter months but nighttime temps go into the 30/40's and until the sun comes up the roads are cold. Add in cold tires right out of the garage and you have a skating rink until the air and tires warm up. My center display always shows tire pressure so I know when the tires are warmed up.

I drove an Audi Quattro for 8 years so it took me some time to acclimate to the rear LSD traction with summer tires in the winter. The Audi never spun tires unless you were in heavy snow or gravel. The EB/PP summer tires are fantastic in the hot summer months in SC and it is nearly impossible to spin the tires off the line, but that all changes once the weather goes below 70. Out of the garage the car breaks loose without much effort.
Sponsored