Sponsored

Totaled - RIP My Love

2015Etrac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2016 Mustang GT Premium 401a
Don't be an idiot and keep your ego in check and you'll have no issues on tires meant for colder weather. Don't drive those in consistent sub 45 deg weather. You can control how fast you accelerate and corner, but can't control how hard you might have to brake. Get some all seasons if it doesn't snow much where you live or some proper performance winters.
Looks like I'll have to hold off on the CAI and invest in some better tires, it's usually below 45 here in the winter. I won't be driving it in the snow, but it will be my DD during the winter, so I need something that can handle lower temp ranges.
Sponsored

nicktechla

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.nicktwaddell.com
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2017 Camaro ZL1 Red Hot
Looks like I'll have to hold off on the CAI and invest in some better tires, it's usually below 45 here in the winter. I won't be driving it in the snow, but it will be my DD during the winter, so I need something that can handle lower temp ranges.
you can also just lighten up on the right foot when the tires start spinning :p

EJS2016

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shadow Black GT Premium, 6A, 3.55 / '08 GT
Glad you were not injured.
Glad you did not have a passenger.

But really, how fast were you going?
Tires cannot be stupid, but drivers can be reckless.
Look at the moron that wrecked the GT350 in Houston.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
You might be better off with someone's takeoff 18" (or 19" AS) wheels and tires from the forum than buying 20" AS tires.

Chameleon

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ebay.com
Vehicle(s)
03' Cobra, 05' GT, 13' GT, 15' GT
Ford should switch the DWS as standard tires. Sorry about the car that just plain sucks. Glad you are OK.

Sponsored

asylum938

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang GT
Yeah I'm gonna call total bs on this story, factory pirellis here with a Paxton blower and I'm extremely impressed with the traction even in the sub 60 Temps here in PA.

The tires had NOTHING to do with this one.

Glad your OK tho OP

Stroked84

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Sorry for your loss and sorrier to hear you're going back to a WRX.

As a long time DSM'er myself I'd be lying if I said I didn't think about going back during the first rainy season here in FL. There was definitely a learning period coming from an AWD pocket rocket (that required ice to lose traction in) to a RWD V8. While I would love to have that piece of mind back, I just couldn't do it. Give me a V8 with AWD... and you might sway me, but I'm over the little 4bangers.

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
Tires don't loose traction, drivers do. Having said that, most of people will come up with similar excuse in this situation....

Limping home with a blown radiator didn't do any good to the engine (what kind of an idea is that ????) so I would be glad it's totaled.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I'm sorry to hear about it and sorry that you are giving up on owning a Mustang. I think they are awesome cars.

I do appreciate you posting about this. All of us love our cars and like to push at times. It's a good reminder that this could happen to anyone any time we get in the car.

I hope things go well for you in the future.

c-rizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Explorer Sport
Last Friday night <insert>"I was leaving a cars & coffee meet"</insert> when the stupid Pirellis lost traction on the ramp in temps of about 66F.

The rear end broke loose, I counter steered <insert>"over reacted"</insert> ended up in the grass but unfortunately there was sign post I couldn't avoid...Boom took it out like a hurricane. It flew up over the car and hit the windshield, punched a hole in the roof and a big hole in the right side quarter panel.
leaving the mustang meet LOL
Yup :thumbsup:

:p LOL, sorry about your loss.

I can't wait to get my car on the track to push the limits so I can find out where the edge of this car really is. It was easy to find the limits on my 2014 GT Vert, the rear end slid out on it like I was on ice skates. So far in my limited 250+- miles in my brand new '17 GT, its been really hard to break the rear end loose... even in track mode.

ScottsGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, DIB
Jesus, that's not much damage. Hard to believe thats $21K in repairs. I guess they add in rental car repair during body shop stay and depreciation due to being wrecked.
I would see that as an opportunity for a Carbon Dynamics front end.

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
You guys have me afraid of winter now. It gets cold here and I just got my GT with 20in P-zero summer tires.
don't turn off the traction control. :shrug: