bluehorse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB GT PP
Glad you were not injured.
Glad you did not have a passenger.

But really, how fast were you going?
Tires cannot be stupid, but drivers can be reckless.
Look at the moron that wrecked the GT350 in Houston.
Right! And those are MPSS, unanimously recognized as the best street tire out there.
Sponsored

bluehorse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB GT PP
Looks like I'll have to hold off on the CAI and invest in some better tires, it's usually below 45 here in the winter. I won't be driving it in the snow, but it will be my DD during the winter, so I need something that can handle lower temp ranges.
You don't really need to worry. I've daily driven mine (14,000miles in 10months) and I bought it in November. The next week it was less than 30* for 2 weeks. Never had even the slightest issue. Keep the TC on and you will be just fine. I drove the car with bald Pzeros in pouring rain and with a little bit of brains (ie not welding my foot to the floor) and it was fine.

Gatorac

Chin Tack Days Event Mgr
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2016 Premium GTPP Triple Yellow
Tires spin, rear end slides left, driver counter steers and closes throttle, rear tires gain traction, front tires pointed left......car shoots left........happens all the time.....see Youtube.
Sorry about your car, glad you weren't hurt.
Close but not quite. Close throttle, weight transfer to front tires and off of back tires. Front tires get traction and rear tires lose the rest of the grip and you have now sealed your fate that you will spin. You can't lift completely off the gas in a throttle on oversteer situation.

offroadkarter

Threads
Reaction score
Website
offroadkarter.smugmug.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Most likely an STi back to where I came from.

You didn't lose control from a vape cloud in front of your face, did you? :shrug:

I'm actually impressed you managed to punch a hole clear through the car, I can't say I've seen something like that before from a spin out.

Sponsored

Wblv17

older fart
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2014 5.7HEMI Ram and 2015 eco boost race red pp
don't turn off the traction control. :shrug:
TC cant catch PZero cold tires, have to drive it and get heat in tires first when under 70 degrees, watch your psi. Know you foot and road and space for f'ups

Gigantor

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wes
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT Premium
Yeah I'm gonna call total bs on this story, factory pirellis here with a Paxton blower and I'm extremely impressed with the traction even in the sub 60 Temps here in PA.

The tires had NOTHING to do with this one.

Glad your OK tho OP

+2

Guys, please check your tire pressure, makes a big difference on grip and cornering

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Stock p-zeros here too - also bought the car last Dec 26, 2015 and drove it through NJ winter, w/ snow/ice... Never an issue - even when the TireBoogeyMen on here were claiming p-zero tires would crack and disintegrate in any weather below 40*.... LMFAO.

It's all how you RESPECT the car, the horsepower AND having years of RWD/Muscle car experience.

I've owned and driven Mustangs since the mid 80's and never once had issues in rain or snow, regardless of tire brands/type or HP ratings. Hell, more than half the Mustangs I owned never even had ANY nanny traction control gizmos, let alone half of the safety gear available today in the S550's. My 94 Cobra was driven in all weather conditions...even after there has been over 30" of snowfall... :lol:

Sponsored

Freedom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT, '22 Tesla Model 3, '22 F-150 Lightning
ay look! now you can get the 2017 with carplay and new colors!

uglygun

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 289 2v, 95 Cobra, 05 GT, 15 GT Perf Pack
Temps here just now beginning to hit 60s and lower.

Morning drive helps illustrate how easily tires spin as they slip just turning right from a stop.

I dont have traction issues on Ca roads for anything over 80 degrees however I am just at 4500 miles in a year.

I gave the tires a good look over last week and noticed they are about half gone. I will be lucky to get 8-9k miles before I am ready to replace them.

I have to wonder how the OP's tires were if they were fairly worn. Likely cold temps will help really make the Perellis suck even more as tires wear out.

Car is still better behaved than my SN95 with zero traction control.

offroadkarter

Threads
Reaction score
Website
offroadkarter.smugmug.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
ay look! now you can get the 2017 with carplay and new colors!
Let him go back to AWD scoobi's, we need less people pushing the stereotype right now thats making us a "meme car".
Sponsored