Sponsored

The New 2017 ZL1 Camaro

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
I know for a fact they are making money on them. Maybe it's not much, but it's something. Like I said, 6K a month will definitely keep the Camaro around for a long time.
Put it this way... 5200 today is 4300 come October. By Spring 2017 it could be at critical levels.

Think about where the ATS/CTS might go and what that might do to the Camaro's MSRP. Without shared cost, premiums skyrocket.

As of now, the market is flooded with 2016's and the '17's are even more expensive.

The zl1 issues aside, the camaro is officially in the Danger Zone. Nobody cares about popular media enough to give their opinions any thought. The Mustang has been very successful, just as much as the 2005 w/ competition.

The GT350 and GT500 just cannot be reasoned with... yes, I know there isn't a GT500 yet. thePill has learn quite a bit in the last 12 months...

Regardless, the A10 delay is crap and rumors of a delay altogether is garbage. As time goes on, I think people begin to acknowledge a fair warning.

Azzurro

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT Premium. Race Red
They're selling enough, and they are making decent money off of them. They're just not raking in the money like Ford is on the Mustang. But GM is doing just fine financially.
GM got a bailout. Ford didn't. Camaro & GM still in trouble but Ford isn't. Big picture analysis. Have never owned a GM vehicle. Never will.

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
Source on this part.
Why do you always argue the facts? Why do you assume you know the profits GM is making on the Camaro. Everyone knows the Camaro isn't selling well.

Sponsored

hiccup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT black base PP RECAROS
The Camaro is somewhat ok..though the center dash screen looks like an old Mac pc thrown up there lol
5-2016-camaro-ss-interior-features-8-inch-navigation-screen.jpg
w640.jpg

ZaneWayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Chevy SS
Why do you always argue the facts? Why do you assume you know the profits GM is making on the Camaro. Everyone knows the Camaro isn't selling well.
Can you provide a source that proves Chevy is not doing well? I have repeatedly said that the Camaro isn't selling well.

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
Can you provide a source that proves Chevy is not doing well? I have repeatedly said that the Camaro isn't selling well.
Chevy sales fell 5% last month alone. As far as "doing good" goes and a majority of lawsuit/recalls are Chevy, it's the weak link in the GM chain. I'd say Caddy is next...

Sponsored

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
local dealer has a bunch in stock..and a few "50th anniversary" ones..didn't realize that heap of shit was around for 50 years...lmao

https://www.coxchevy.com/inventory/2017-chevrolet-camaro-ss-rwd-2d-coupe-1g1fg1r75h0125012
Everyone knows it hasn't been around for 50 years. But there is people out there willing to pay more for a badge and a little seat stitching. It'll be a collectors item!:doh:Could be worse. Dodge could be offering challenger anniversary kits. That car has really had a rocky history.:shrug:

68fbjjz109

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' GTPP

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
You do understand WHY profits are up 150% right?

Since 2012, GM's profits have been rock bottom, especially after the lawsuits and fines. That's GM too ya know...

In other words, this was GM's first positive month since like Q2 2012... hence the dramatic increase. To be honest, GM is just now reaching pre-2011 profit numbers.

Is that good?

Hell no... it's light at the end of the tunnel. Once the customer figures out they made MORE PROFIT on LESS RETAIL SALES, they will make a connection. GM is over charging the same public that bailed them out...

They won't last much longer, not with this philosophy and current accumulative disappointments.

Chevy is doing very, very poor...

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
The Camaro is somewhat ok..though the center dash screen looks like an old Mac pc thrown up there lol
HA HAAAAAAA :D
That's funny stuff. Yeah, the Camaro's interior is pretty hideous. Mostly the dash and everything in front of the driver is ugly. I do like the seats and the rest of the interior though.
Sponsored