Sponsored

The New 2017 ZL1 Camaro

ZaneWayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Chevy SS
Of course not!
Camaro sales are already in the gutter now, they can't afford to raise the price. Don't tell me the profits are good either because nobody outside of the manufacturer knows.
Exactly. So you have no idea what they're making.
Sponsored

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
z28s are selling for almost half of sticker..hilarious. chevy just needs to go away again..the 50th anniversary camaro is the biggest joke..yet the mulletheads are all over it..lmao
Yeah a 50th anniversary Camaro is about the dumbest thing I ever heard. I been saying that for months.

ZaneWayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Chevy SS
Yeah a 50th anniversary Camaro is about the dumbest thing I ever heard. I been saying that for months.
Its dumb. But it's more of a celebration of 50 years since the first one came out. But again I agree, it's silly.

MustangS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
'15 Vert GT
Its dumb. But it's more of a celebration of 50 years since the first one came out. But again I agree, it's silly.
It's really just a lame attempt into fooling potential buyers by implying that it's been popular and on sale for 50 years when that is not the case.

ZaneWayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Chevy SS
It's really just a lame attempt into fooling potential buyers by implying that it's been popular and on sale for 50 years when that is not the case.
It's fooling people into buying a car 1,200 bucks more for stickers.

Sponsored

willisit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Monaro, DeLorean, Viva, S5, 600F
As someone that doesn't live in the US, can someone explain this "50th Anniversary" thing? The Camaro was released in 1967, so there isn't anything wrong with a car, in my opinion, celebrating 50 years of the marque.

It's also Star Trek's 50th Anniversary and it hasn't been in constant production, but that doesn't make it any less valid... so, what gives? Or is it that this is a Mustang site so you have to hate on the car? (I kid, I kid!) I love anything with a v8 up front, and I'd hate to see the Camaro, Mustang, Corvette, Challenger etc, etc disappear - the more choice we have, the better. I sometimes wonder if people forget we're being spoiled for choice these days.

That said, I go back to my original question - is there something I'm missing?

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
As someone that doesn't live in the US, can someone explain this "50th Anniversary" thing? The Camaro was released in 1967, so there isn't anything wrong with a car, in my opinion, celebrating 50 years of the marque.

It's also Star Trek's 50th Anniversary and it hasn't been in constant production, but that doesn't make it any less valid... so, what gives? Or is it that this is a Mustang site so you have to hate on the car? (I kid, I kid!) I love anything with a v8 up front, and I'd hate to see the Camaro, Mustang, Corvette, Challenger etc, etc disappear - the more choice we have, the better. I sometimes wonder if people forget we're being spoiled for choice these days.

Yes, it was introduced in 1967, BUT it was not produced from 2003 to 2009.

So, has it really been 50 year or just 6 years since its reintroduction?
03_09_camaro_reunion.jpg

willisit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes, it was introduced in 1967, BUT it was not produced from 2003 to 2009.

So, has it really been 50 year or just 6 years since its reintroduction?
It's been 50 years AND 6 years; is the distinction important (sorry, this may sound like trolling, but I'm genuinely interested in the thought process)?

Taking my Trek example; that was dead for 10 years (1969 to 1979), but yet it's still been 50 since it first aired. I'm not sure I see the difference. The Viper is about to die again, but if and when it comes back, the gap will be just that. A gap.

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
It's been 50 years AND 6 years; is the distinction important (sorry, this may sound like trolling, but I'm genuinely interested in the thought process)?

Taking my Trek example; that was dead for 10 years (1969 to 1979), but yet it's still been 50 since it first aired. I'm not sure I see the difference. The Viper is about to die again, but if and when it comes back, the gap will be just that. A gap.
Yes its the 50th anniversary of the 1st Camaro, no one is arguing that. But its the 44th model year in total, and the 6th anniversary of the re-issue.

So, GM can do a 50th this year, a 45th next year, and a 10th is 2020. It just depends on how they are counting.

willisit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fair enough; the "public" don't understand such things though. From a marketing perspective, simpler is the way to go. I doubt it has much more thought beyond "1967-2017" behind it - and as someone else said, it means they can charge $1200 for some stickers ;)

Sponsored

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Fair enough; the "public" don't understand such things though. From a marketing perspective, simpler is the way to go. I doubt it has much more thought beyond "1967-2017" behind it - and as someone else said, it means they can charge $1200 for some stickers ;)
I think any anniversary model for a sports car that does not include performance enhancements are a joke.

They tend to limit your options, maybe through in an "exclusive" color and so special badges.

Yes only thing appealing to me about the 50th Anniversary of the Mustang was it was limited to 1964. Some liked that it was the only way to get the PP on an AT.

I'd really be interested in "special editions" if they truly were special with power increases only the standard version of the car.

willisit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think any anniversary model for a sports car that does not include performance enhancements are a joke.

They tend to limit your options, maybe through in an "exclusive" color and so special badges.

Yes only thing appealing to me about the 50th Anniversary of the Mustang was it was limited to 1964. Some liked that it was the only way to get the PP on an AT.

I'd really be interested in "special editions" if they truly were special with power increases only the standard version of the car.
Perhaps that's a US thing, but over here Special Editions are, 9 out of 10 times, just a badge exercise. Maybe a black roof or mirrors; a change of wheels etc - and then they end up doing it on the stock model to "run them out". I agree, by the way!

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood

Dan let me put it this way. Let's say for example you got married in 1967 and divorced in 2002. Went and dated some other woman and things didn't work out and you bump into your ex wife and you guys get back together and remarry in 2010. Now it's 2017, and for the second time around you guys have been remarried for 7 years, not 50!

willisit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dan let me put it this way. Let's say for example you got married in 1967 and divorced in 2002. Went and dated some other woman and things didn't work out and you bump into your ex wife and you guys get back together and remarry in 2010. Now it's 2017, and for the second time around you guys have been remarried for 7 years, not 50!
Heh. Brilliant. I can't argue with that. Can you imagine Chevy releasing an SE for a reissued 6 years? No? Me neither. :p

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Great way of putting it, but you know the wife is trying to get that 50th anniversary diamond.
Sponsored