thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
Just in:

The $62,135 IS WITHOUT THE GAS GUZZLER TAX

They still have not applied the tax to the MSRP....

That is such a horrible way to debut this model.

The $62,135 could have a $1600 to $2600 tax applied to the MSRP. Why advertise the $62,135 when there is a $2000 GG Tax looming?

Wait until this catches on... From Al O. himself...
Sponsored

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
Pre-sale numbers for the manual '17 zl1 appear to be abysmal without the A10. The unavailability of the most popular A10 option (60-70%) may not be enough projected sales to merit a 2017 release.

The profits of both A10 and Manual were projected to pay for not only the zl1 but the 1Le as well. In other words, profits are lost if a new product only is capable of 20-30% of projected production. Delaying the product has its downsides too...

If this is true, what a mess the cooling issue has become :(

ZaneWayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Chevy SS
Pre-sale numbers for the manual '17 zl1 appear to be abysmal without the A10. The unavailability of the most popular A10 option (60-70%) may not be enough projected sales to merit a 2017 release.

The profits of both A10 and Manual were projected to pay for not only the zl1 but the 1Le as well. In other words, profits are lost if a new product only is capable of 20-30% of projected production. Delaying the product has its downsides too...

If this is true, what a mess the cooling issue has become :(
Source?

Clump

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Hey ZaneWayne - Totally off topic. Did you get another 2SS? If not what are you driving and what are you looking at? Just curious.

Sponsored

ZaneWayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Chevy SS
Hey ZaneWayne - Totally off topic. Did you get another 2SS? If not what are you driving and what are you looking at? Just curious.
I have not. I work at a dealership now. I am looking at a bunch of things right now. Camaro, Mustang, Tahoe, Silverado, C7. But I am driving my hoopty, 2001 Suburban.

Clump

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
I have not. I work at a dealership now. I am looking at a bunch of things right now. Camaro, Mustang, Tahoe, Silverado, C7. But I am driving my hoopty, 2001 Suburban.
Thanks. Every time I see a post from you I think about that poor car.

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
Good thing about you working at the dealer is you won't have a problem seeing a lot of unsold camaros on the lot lol. 127000 unsold camaros nation wide.

ZaneWayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Chevy SS
Good thing about you working at the dealer is you won't have a problem seeing a lot of unsold camaros on the lot lol. 127000 unsold camaros nation wide.
Funny you say that. The Ford House next door has about 7 unsold 2015s. But yes, we all know the Mustang is selling much better. Funny, ha ha. :D:lol:

Sponsored

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
The camaros days will be numbered if things don't change. History repeats itself. How much longer until they start giving the Camaro away with the purchase of a Silverado?

ZaneWayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Chevy SS
The camaros days will be numbered if things don't change. History repeats itself. How much longer until they start giving the Camaro away with the purchase of a Silverado?
They're selling enough, and they are making decent money off of them. They're just not raking in the money like Ford is on the Mustang. But GM is doing just fine financially.

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
They're selling enough, and they are making decent money off of them. They're just not raking in the money like Ford is on the Mustang. But GM is doing just fine financially.
Yeah ok.
I find it funny when people think they know what a manufacturers profits are. Since when does the consumer know how much each part cost and its profit margin is?

ZaneWayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Chevy SS
Yeah ok.
I find it funny when people think they know what a manufacturers profits are. Since when does the consumer know how much each part cost and its profit margin is?
I know for a fact they are making money on them. Maybe it's not much, but it's something. Like I said, 6K a month will definitely keep the Camaro around for a long time.

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
I know for a fact they are making money on them. Maybe it's not much, but it's something. Like I said, 6K a month will definitely keep the Camaro around for a long time.
Of course they are making a profit on each car as a whole. If a Camaro cost $40k and takes $20k to build just one for example that's a 20k profit. But when you have 127000 cars that are not selling you have no profit at all because they HAVE NOT SOLD! And you nor I know how much profit they are making per car. Because when your not selling what you make its not a profit.
Sponsored