Sponsored

GT350/R Mustang Performance Numbers (0-60 and 1/4 mile) from MT

ForTehNguyen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
If those are the numbers, the GT350/R is as quick as the F8X cars...which I find disappointing..
Dave
the GT PP was only .5 sec slower on Streets Willow than the M4 with Probst. Thats with the GT PP having yawnerific Pirelli P Zeros.
Sponsored

MadMoose

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
stuff
Disappointing. Barely faster than a Camaro SS. Would consider one of those if they hadnt managed to make the backseat and trunk even smaller while making it still impossible to see out of.

LSC5ohh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90 Mark VII LSC Special Edition
While the times aren't great.. They are about what I expect from a mag driver. However, you want the real story... Look at those trap speeds. 117 and 119... Mark my words, these will both hit 11s stock. Maybe not with a magazine driver, but they will with a good driver who has some seat time.
These are the first numbers, from the first testing. Let's hear more reviews before jumping to conclusions. And with this car, I'm far more interested in lap times anyhow.

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!
Disappointing. Barely faster than a Camaro SS. Would consider one of those if they hadnt managed to make the backseat and trunk even smaller while making it still impossible to see out of.
A 6th gen SS over the all-new GT350/R? No way for me. You'd have to wait for Chevy's specialty versions (i.e. the next ZL1, Z/28, etc.) to even think of considering... but that's my opinion.

MAV

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
I feel the tall gearing in the gear box is hurting the car, most cars that rev to the moon ala E9X M3 have very short gearing. My 1st gear in the M3 is a 4.055:1 with a 3.85:1 final drive.
I've thought about this also. Not that I doubt the engineers at Ford when they designed this car, and God forbid we consider modding the car before any one of us gets our hands on it, but I really have wondered if a shorter rear gear might make that wide power band more accessible on the street. Having a car that will turn 8250 is great on a track, but when you're already breaking most speed limits before you hit second gear makes that range a little less useful in town. A 4.10 gear *might* help with that.

Reactions: 113

Sponsored

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red
the GT PP was only .5 sec slower on Streets Willow than the M4 with Probst. Thats with the GT PP having yawnerific Pirelli P Zeros.
Thats one track...also the PZero on the PP Mustang is a pretty good tire, don't last long and they get noisy as all hell when they wear out but not a bad tire at all.. In fact the M4 can come with either the Pirelli Pzero like the Mustang or the Mich PSS..unfortunately you don't have a choice.

Issue with the M4 is the torque comes on too brutally, can't get the car to hook up. BTW, the M4 was 5 seconds faster than the Mustang GT PP at the Car and Driver Lightning Lap...M4 did it in 3:00 flat, Mustang was 3:05...

Dave

ForTehNguyen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
i consider the Motor Trend Head 2 Head tests at Streets of Willow to be the more consistent tests to be found. Same track, same driver, that knows the track like the back of his hand. Other ones like C&D Lightning Lap, each batch of laptimes they do are different drivers, too much apples vs oranges.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
A good example is the M3/4. People call them 12.1 cars and you can pretty much count on that but the stock record was 11.66 the last time I looked. Used 103 octane.

[ame]

Derk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mach 1
Look, as much as I like a good "the sky is falling" story as anyone else does, you've got to think these cars aren't drag cars. You could change the gearing, put some small brakes on it, put a 17 with a thicker sidewall, and soften up the suspension and pickup a tone of time in a straight line...but that's not why this car is here.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I care about infotainment
I hope those numbers are wrong. Those cars are way too expensive and hyped up to have numbers that are no better then a standard 2016 Camaro SS. The 350 GT is only a tad faster then my '15 GT with over 100 horsepower more. Something isn't adding up.
Ford needs to find a way to get more torque out of the Coyote and Voodoo. No way around it at this point. LT1 just has so much more torque, especially low-end. For a track focused car like the GT350 that isn't all that important to accomplishing its' main goal, but bottom line is that these are still muscle cars and 0-60 performance, and drag strip performance, matter for this class of vehicle. More torque is definitely needed.

Sponsored

SpursFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
What car doesn't need more torque? All a matter of opinion. If a car can engage traction control at 50 plus mph you probably could ask for other things besides torque. Of course that is just another opinion.

Qtrhorse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP
A 6th gen SS over the all-new GT350/R? No way for me. You'd have to wait for Chevy's specialty versions (i.e. the next ZL1, Z/28, etc.) to even think of considering... but that's my opinion.
You won't be waiting much longer, the (1LE, Z?) has already been spied and if the numbers on the SS are impressive, you need to wonder what this one will be.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
You won't be waiting much longer, the (1LE, Z?) has already been spied and if the numbers on the SS are impressive, you need to wonder what this one will be.

I took a video of them testing it at the ring a few weeks back. It sounded pretty damn good but man is that thing UGLY! That's one thing that just can't be upgraded away. They should have reimagined that body that's going on what, 8-9 years?? It's so ugly.

Reactions: 113

Sasuketr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GTPP
Even though most mustang people won't like it DI might come into play for the future. But we all know that it boils down to there is no replacement for a displacement!

mustangletback

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 droptop mustang
i think FORD is ready if a new z28 comes out.it has been said the GT350 motor can put out over 600hp,we will see.
Sponsored