200MPHCOBRA

Liberty Tree Needs Water
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2013 BOSS 302
The R won't be dropping to anything under 11.9. Folks are nuts to think low to mid 11s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
On a prepped track with 93 in the tank and good air, I beg to differ. Low 11's, no.
Sponsored

Myshelby3425

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
Hmmmm....I wonder if that has anything to do with the fact that it was engineered for optimal track performance? As I pointed out earlier, folks on the Camaro forums were disappointed at the 1/4 mile of the z/28, too, but that did not keep them from proclaiming it as touched by the hand of God.

That's exactly what it is.. Not saying otherwise. 90% of the people that purchase this car will most probably visit a track once or twice or maybe never will while the other 10% do.

Myshelby3425

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
1/4 mile is a legitimate measure of a cars performance, and MT can't drive for shit. Common sense says this car will crack 11's in either iteration, because both have enough tire and mph.

Didn't MT have the best BOSS 302 numbers?

In their review of the gt350 they used a vbox for testing.

200MPHCOBRA

Liberty Tree Needs Water
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2013 BOSS 302
Didn't MT have the best BOSS 302 numbers?

In their review of the gt350 they used a vbox for testing.

Yes, and a 12.3 in a Boss is a great time, a 12.1 in an R is not.

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
That's exactly what it is.. Not saying otherwise. 90% of the people that purchase this car will most probably visit a track once or twice or maybe never will while the other 10% do.

This would make me very sad. The car was made for it. I'm getting sick and tired of people buying this to be a cool cruiser/stop light racer/drag car. Let people who will use this car for what it's made for have it. :frusty:. Buy a GT and supercharge it if you want a cruiser/drag-oriented car.

200MPHCOBRA

Liberty Tree Needs Water
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2013 BOSS 302
It's a track car, it isn't going to be good in a straight line like everyone says..

It has great tires, light wheels, and four gears to use in a 1/4, that's an excellent platform for acceleration. The car should and will eclipse that shitty time.

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51
It's a track car, it isn't going to be good in a straight line like everyone says..

Just because "track car" doesn't mean it can't be good in a straight line as well. Plenty of other cars can do both. Ford is setting themselves up to get steamrolled by GM this gen.

Last edited:

Mustang33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Just because "track car" doesn't mean it can't be good in a straight line as well. Plenty of other cars can do both. Ford's setting themselves up to get steamrolled by GM this gen.
I agree, I don't particularly care for the Camaro's lines, but their performance is very impressive, GM does seem to be staying about 2 steps ahead of Ford

Khell86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang Gt
How is that? Those times are better than the Z/28. When the z/28 posted it times, no one bitched and complained this much because they knew what it was intended for. Motortrend is notorious for posting shitty 1/4 times. It posted a 114.6 trap for the camaro, while posting a 117.8 in the gt350 while bogging the launch and spinning through first.

Its easy mode in the A8, stomp and go. I'm sure they didn't even use L/C and Drag mode in the GT350. Everyone needs to chill.

Sponsored

Magpul

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Sierra AT 4x4
Looking forward to more times and it will be interesting to see a GT350 comparison with the SS.

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51
I agree, I don't particularly care for the Camaro's lines, but their performance is very impressive, GM does seem to be staying about 2 steps ahead of Ford
It is the benefit of coming out a year after your competition. While both of these cars have been in development for years GM had the ability to bench mark and make changes against a production S550 Mustang before launch.

Better straight line performance better than a Scat Pack Challenger - Check
Lighter weight and better handling than a Mustang - Check

Magpul

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Sierra AT 4x4
Which is why I'm pretty interested to see what it will be like once more numbers start coming out for the GT350 and compare those with the 2SS. 10k in price difference is pretty large, and the Camaro includes destination...

5.0AVP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rapid Red 401A PP1 GT
Not to be negative but MT typically gets the best times out of Mustangs of the major auto publications. They were the ones who tested the S197 5.0 at 4.3 and 12.7 and the S550 GT at 4.4 and 12.8.

That being said I don't doubt many of you will be able to get better times out of the GT 350 just like many people have done with the GTs over the years.

Myshelby3425

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
It is the benefit of coming out a year after your competition. While both of these cars have been in development for years GM had the ability to bench mark and make changes against a production S550 Mustang before launch.

Better straight line performance better than a Scat Pack Challenger - Check
Lighter weight and better handling than a Mustang - Check

New zl1/z28 currently testing will for sure be faster than the R

Sponsored