Sponsored

All 2015+ Mustang S550 renders / chops compilation

Melino

attachment.jpg

I took this comparison someone else posted a while ago of the prototype and the current car and used Chazcron's render to superimpose it onto that silver S197 to see what kind of difference it may be.

It is VERY similar in general shape and size to the current car IF this is what we get. You can see the faint shadow of the S197. Current car has a longer front overhang by many inches and more of an "underbite." The prototype's roofline is where there's a big difference. It's shorter and flatter and the windshield has a more extreme angle. And of course the prototype looks lower with those side skirts. Otherwise it fits better than OJ's glove.

imagejpeg_2.jpg

attachment.gif
Just looking at the first two pics alone you can see how slimmed down the S550 should be compared to the S197. Even with all that camo on it looks a lot less bulky. I think we'll see something even sleeker and lower than that render.
Sponsored

Melino

RearAbove.jpg

Just posted this on another thread. From 2b2... a 2014.5 Roadster special edition based on the original Mustang concept... rollbar and all.
b8mu.jpg

Prodigy

Agreed, I like the first one a lot but second one has sedan like proportions.

Those design lines by the front fender are interesting on the first one. Reminds me a bit of the Shelby Supercars series 1.

RearAbove2.jpg
4369730512_42423ef722_o.jpg

Sponsored

Maestro5.0

I can't see a GT500 looking like that second one (at least I hope it doesnt) which looks like a luxury sedan. The first one is very Evos like which is a good thing. Love the hips and roofline but I'd like to get a better look at that front end.

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
BINGO!!!! The front is waaaaaaaay off but the profile is really, really good. The key is a perfect balance between the hips and shoulders. All of the renders have been too S197ish from the front fender back. I see a lot of TN's profile in this one. It has a GR-1 feel too it... The rockers flare out in almost equal dimensions as seen in the spy pics. I expect a tiny bit more shoulder/hip bulge but not that much more. The headlights will be thinner... The lower valance could be exact. The mouth looks pretty close in size but may be off a bit as far as shape. This is close fella's, I'll bet some money on it....

Here is the front...

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
The headlights are not sharp enough... I am losing a lot of the character in the curvy lights I quickly threw together.

More front fascia clean up...

J.Darcy

First render is good, but second one is completely incongruous - like 3 different cars slapped together.

Sponsored

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
Side exhaust delete and minor headlight manipulation. EDIT: Note the similarities in the clean fascia below and the one above in the Mustang6G banner... :) EXCITED YET!!!

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
front from evos concept with bigger hood and rear from porsche..

Btw gas cap is pretty far back... Pinto 2.0?
LOL, I just noticed the fuel door placement... You're killin' me! :lol:

More headlight manipulation and repositioning . Slight angle change as well as the size. Second pic the fog light/brake duct area has been reduced to sit almost flush with the mouth AND head light. The original was re-posted to show the improvements. The front fender vents need to calm down a little.

v.10

crazyfastfreddy

I like what you did with this last one^^ I would buy this in a second!

The front fender vents look a lot more natural there..... and with what we're seeing thru the camo I could believe we see a big vent there.

let me ride

Threads
Reaction score
It's a very sexy car but I think it shares very little traditional mustang cues. No hockey stick, no separate 1/4 window, no headlights set in the grille, etc

I want more sports car, not pure sports car. Gotta leave at least a bit of heritage in there to please traditionalists, throw them a bone at least.
Sponsored