Sponsored

All 2015+ Mustang S550 renders / chops compilation

mrkrabz

Threads
Reaction score
Someone let slip that the S550 is very Jaguar F Type. An evolved 2014, to an Aston Martin/Jaguar F Type body style, Fast back, balanced hips and shoulders, Cobra-like stance and presence and a large mouth... I am excited... I have my money ready :)

Let me ask you this... Is this concept "Stunning" "Jaw dropping" and "Dope" compared to any concept seen? This concept IS Ford's Silhouette innovation exactly... It is based on this profile.
Link to the slip?
Sponsored

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
Link to the slip?
Someone wrote an article on the 2014.5. It was mentioned there I guess. People try to compare it to something just to help create a picture to someone, of something they have never seen before. It doesn't mean anything, it's just a quick attempt to describe something without pen or paper. I'll look for the article...

Ah, here... American Muscle. http://blog.americanmuscle.com/s550-mustang-to-debut-with-1000-limited-edition-2014-5-cars/

I think the confusion is with the similarities in the mouth size. The F Type and Cobra both have larger grill area's which could give off the Aston/F Type/Cobra impression. The balanced hip and shoulders is another thing that is probably not represented properly. The fact is, the S197's hips and shoulders will be slightly lower and more defined in the S550. The wheelbase and track look to be very close however, the rest of the car has been brought in and redone. Using the fascia that is displayed on the banner of this website, I updated the head lights because the one in the banners is based on the S197. I naturally used something similar to the EVOS... The profile of the car above is no secret... Top Notch had a complete drawing of said car and uses the picture in his profile pic. Ford knows everyone loved it years ago... Sean made a few that everyone loved as well... Thed's car was great but still heavily S197 based... People loved that, and they will love this too.

It might not be crazy to think the person that did the original concept before I changed it has already seen the car but failed to properly communicate the front fascia (purposely or not). The gas cap is on the wrong side, I know that. Just flip the picture...

Seriously... WHERE DO I PUT MY MONEY?

chazcron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Fusion
I based my front end on the Car and Driver render, because they nailed the 2014 Jeep Cherokee. I just fit the grille, headlights and reflectors to the spy pic's location. I tried to plop in the eggcrate and pony into the grille, but it looked bad. I also tried dual bumps on the roof because rumor.

mrkrabz

Threads
Reaction score
Someone wrote an article on the 2014.5. It was mentioned there I guess. People try to compare it to something just to help create a picture to someone, of something they have never seen before. It doesn't mean anything, it's just a quick attempt to describe something without pen or paper. I'll look for the article...

Ah, here... American Muscle. http://blog.americanmuscle.com/s550-mustang-to-debut-with-1000-limited-edition-2014-5-cars/

I think the confusion is with the similarities in the mouth size. The F Type and Cobra both have larger grill area's which could give off the Aston/F Type/Cobra impression. The balanced hip and shoulders is another thing that is probably not represented properly. The fact is, the S197's hips and shoulders will be slightly lower and more defined in the S550. The wheelbase and track look to be very close however, the rest of the car has been brought in and redone. Using the fascia that is displayed on the banner of this website, I updated the head lights because the one in the banners is based on the S197. I naturally used something similar to the EVOS... The profile of the car above is no secret... Top Notch had a complete drawing of said car and uses the picture in his profile pic. Ford knows everyone loved it years ago... Sean made a few that everyone loved as well... Thed's car was great but still heavily S197 based... People loved that, and they will love this too.

It might not be crazy to think the person that did the original concept before I changed it has already seen the car but failed to properly communicate the front fascia (purposely or not). The gas cap is on the wrong side, I know that. Just flip the picture...

Seriously... WHERE DO I PUT MY MONEY?
That's not a slip, that's just the author speculating what it'll look like.

MustangDizzle

Threads
Reaction score
The M3 and R8 have been the Mustang's target vehicles since 2010 (I thought this was well known). Ford used those specific vehicles for performance and interior inspiration. I assure you, Ford is about to move the Mustang up just as Chevy moved the Corvette up. Continuous production has it's advantages and as you can see, it allows the Mustang and Corvette to compete at those MSRP's with cars 2-3 times the cost.

Just because idiots pay $160,000 for a car doesn't mean it's worth it. The Mustang and Corvette will move a notch upmarket and do very well for a 3rd of the cost. It's possible Ford has a Corvette competitor this generation in a GT350. Ford could be running GT classes this year in an OEM chassis.I assure you, Ford designs a lot in Germany...
The R8 is a mid engine exotic. It's near literally a Gallardo with a different body.

It is not a mustang competitor, nor has Ford aimed to compete with it.

I'll give you the M3, but certainly not the R8. No offense, but that's way off.

Btw, the corvette C7 msrp moved up like 4% from the C6. It didn't go anywhere.

Sponsored

RIParker

I based my front end on the Car and Driver render, because they nailed the 2014 Jeep Cherokee. I just fit the grille, headlights and reflectors to the spy pic's location. I tried to plop in the eggcrate and pony into the grille, but it looked bad. I also tried dual bumps on the roof because rumor.

That looks great to me. The double bubble roof would be interesting to see in a mustang, might be a way to make up for the flatter roofline.

Only thing I'd like to see differently is bigger front fender shoulders to line up with those big rear fender hips. I know stangs have always had a slightly forward leaning belt line rake to it that makes it look like it's in motion but that's a bit too much here for my taste.

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
The R8 is a mid engine exotic. It's near literally a Gallardo with a different body.

It is not a mustang competitor, nor has Ford aimed to compete with it.

I'll give you the M3, but certainly not the R8. No offense, but that's way off.

Btw, the corvette C7 msrp moved up like 4% from the C6. It didn't go anywhere.
I'm just telling you whats at Ford's testing grounds. No need for it to be there if it wasn't some sort of inspiration. I'll dig up the article that has Ford admitting to using the old R8 in 2010.

StangFX

Great work chazcron. Looks sportier, but still Mustang. Exactly what it should be.

I know it's a little early to be doing any guesing of the design lines, but I'd love to see a fender vent like a lot of us are expecting.
I would also add a little more cowl to the hood and lower the lower grill to line up with the low side skirts. It looks a touch too high right now.

MustangDizzle

Threads
Reaction score
I'm just telling you whats at Ford's testing grounds. No need for it to be there if it wasn't some sort of inspiration. I'll dig up the article that has Ford admitting to using the old R8 in 2010.
You originally tried to tell us the Mustang was moving upmarket between M3 and R8 (meaning the Mustang would move upmarket as $100,000 car) but that was based upon a car they had at their testing grounds which was literally 5 times its price.

They also have been testing them against Camaros as has been caught on video, right?

You can't say stuff like that based upon a completely ridiculous leap in logic, fabricating an extremely unlikely conclusion, and then trying to pass it off as truth or at the very least, legitimate speculation and not expect somebody to question your statement.

You bring a lot of knowledge in some areas to the board, which everyone really appreciates. You also say some completely cuckoo things.

I think everyone here, myself included, gets a bit of delusions of Grandeur and caught in the hope of what we want this car to be that we sometimes get a little carried away. We're all going through some mental torture waiting for this car. Let's not have us start saying it's going to compete against exotic mid engine cars.

stable68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Crown Victoria LX Sport
thePIll is right, the base mustang gt puts up performance figures that match the current BMW M3 and the boss 302 beat the audi r8's best lap time around laguna seca.

Sponsored

Icy

Great work chazcron. Looks sportier, but still Mustang. Exactly what it should be.

I know it's a little early to be doing any guesing of the design lines, but I'd love to see a fender vent like a lot of us are expecting.
I would also add a little more cowl to the hood and lower the lower grill to line up with the low side skirts. It looks a touch too high right now.

Why would he lower it to be lower than what is shown on the prototype? Yea there's camo and it can be slimmer underneath but it sure won't be any bulkier or lower than the prototype is showing. This is all assuming it is the final design underneath of course. They could still make small adjustments.

MustangDizzle

Threads
Reaction score
thePIll is right, the base mustang gt puts up performance figures that match the current BMW M3 and the boss 302 beat the audi r8's best lap time around laguna seca.
That's a completely separate issue from "moving upmarket between the M3 and R8."

They do NOT mean the same thing at all.

Aiming for performance numbers vs. competing or moving upmarket are completely different things.

The Lancer Evo could hang with the standard Lamborghini Murcy in the twisties a few years back, but that doesn't mean it moved upmarket between BMW and Lamborghini. This is equally as asinine a thing to say.

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
That's a completely separate issue from "moving upmarket between the M3 and R8."

They do NOT mean the same thing at all.

Aiming for performance numbers vs. competing or moving upmarket are completely different things.

The Lancer Evo could hang with the standard Lamborghini Murcy in the twisties a few years back, but that doesn't mean it moved upmarket between BMW and Lamborghini. This is equally as asinine a thing to say.
As well as a ZL1 and 991 Carrera S was seen at the track (and videoed on SVTP). We can see a wide rage of very talented cars being used as a benchmark... Shouldn't be a surprise to anyone when we see a sportier Mustang soon. Make NO mistake, the M3, R8, Camaro and Porsche are in the Mustang's classes NOW... They do not intend on moving backwards.

MustangDizzle

Threads
Reaction score
No, they aren't. The Mustang will still be a sub $30K car at it's entry point into the market with 4 seats.

How in the world can you say that is the same class of car as A $100K Porsche and a $150k+ Audi, both mid/rear engine 2 seat cars.

It's not the same class. Period.

The ZL1? Yes, Camaro has competed against mustang for 47 years. That's a given. (Not in the same class as the aforementioned two either).

StangFX

Why would he lower it to be lower than what is shown on the prototype? Yea there's camo and it can be slimmer underneath but it sure won't be any bulkier or lower than the prototype is showing. This is all assuming it is the final design underneath of course. They could still make small adjustments.
You're right about that but the two sides of the wheel well dont match up completely so I think it could be lower.... with the side closer to the front extending down more and maybe less curvy?
Sponsored