Sponsored

All 2015+ Mustang S550 renders / chops compilation

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
It's a very sexy car but I think it shares very little traditional mustang cues. No hockey stick, no separate 1/4 window, no headlights set in the grille, etc

I want more sports car, not pure sports car. Gotta leave at least a bit of heritage in there to please traditionalists, throw them a bone at least.
The Mustang is moving up market between the M3 and R8. The concept above was an excellent effort. The profile shows where the S550 will be nipped and tucked allowing the old S197's muscular hips and shoulders to naturally show through. There will be more cues as you mentioned but as far as overall, that concept is pretty close to Johnny's GT500 concept and TN's old sketch. Ford has no doubt done a far better job than the concept above. The body lines and small detail, an athletic frame under the muscular body work. This thing is going to be awesome...
Sponsored

KingofQueens

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 GT
That side profile is gorgeous, loving those hips. Btw Ive noticed there havent been much if any renderings of the rear end. Make it happen lol.

jjw

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.shelbyparts.com
Vehicle(s)
'19 PP2, 05 STI 475whp, 04 cayenne turbo, Shelbys
The Mustang is moving up market between the M3 and R8.
Really? I was thinking the top model would be more in-line with the ZO6 if we are lucky.

I'm pretty confident we will be getting more then just a heavily modified s197 and we will see a very significant leap in style and performance.... but how far are they going to take it?

Expectations are all over the map right now.

That profile, those hips and greenhouse with the 6G banner nose = WOW!

Callie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 GT Convertible
Really? I was thinking the top model would be more in-line with the ZO6 if we are lucky.

I'm pretty confident we will be getting more then just a heavily modified s197 and we will see a very significant leap in style and performance.... but how far are they going to take it?

Expectations are all over the map right now.

That profile, those hips and greenhouse with the 6G banner nose = WOW!
My opinion: take current expectations and tone it down 25%. Same goes with the Camaro on the alpha platform, maybe 50% for that one. People are expecting wayyy too much. I'm excited too but we're not gonna get a M4 branded by Ford especially in quality. Performance wise it might come close and that's where most of the money should go. I don't wanna pay for BMW quality fit and finish and have basically the same 13-14 engineering fitted with an IRS.

I also think the renders are way out there. I've seen more renders that look like European cars than ones that look like mustangs. Are we all just poor closet Aston martin and Jag fans inside lol ;)

Sponsored

MustangDizzle

Threads
Reaction score
The Mustang is moving up market between the M3 and R8. The concept above was an excellent effort. The profile shows where the S550 will be nipped and tucked allowing the old S197's muscular hips and shoulders to naturally show through. There will be more cues as you mentioned but as far as overall, that concept is pretty close to Johnny's GT500 concept and TN's old sketch. Ford has no doubt done a far better job than the concept above. The body lines and small detail, an athletic frame under the muscular body work. This thing is going to be awesome...
Between the M3 and the R8?

Dude, it is not.

Between $60K and $160K is the middle mark between those two.

Ford isn't building the Mustang to compete with the ZR1, Nissan GT-R, Porsche "S" series, SRT Viper, etc etc.

MustangDizzle

Threads
Reaction score
My opinion: take current expectations and tone it down 25%. Same goes with the Camaro on the alpha platform, maybe 50% for that one. People are expecting wayyy too much. I'm excited too but we're not gonna get a M4 branded by Ford especially in quality. Performance wise it might come close and that's where most of the money should go. I don't wanna pay for BMW quality fit and finish and have basically the same 13-14 engineering fitted with an IRS.

I also think the renders are way out there. I've seen more renders that look like European cars than ones that look like mustangs. Are we all just poor closet Aston martin and Jag fans inside lol ;)
I've never met a car enthusiast that would pass up an Aston Martin for a mustang, so yes. :p

jjw

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.shelbyparts.com
Vehicle(s)
'19 PP2, 05 STI 475whp, 04 cayenne turbo, Shelbys
I don't wanna pay for BMW quality fit and finish and have basically the same 13-14 engineering fitted with an IRS.
I see where you are coming from and largely agree except for this part. From what I know we are getting a new platform (NOT S197 with IRS) and it will definitely lean twards more aggressive/modern shape and styling. I think people saying we are getting a heavily revised s197 from looking at the padded prototype are being easily mislead. As for the employee who said it looks like a heavily modified s197, I dont necessarily believe that was the final car and not a tacked together s197 design study with s550 cues much like the NFS Hero Stang.

I think Pill is headed in the right direction with his speculation but unfortunately I don't think we are going to end up with those european exotic GR-1'ish front-mid engine proportions. I hope I'm wrong, but it just doesn't seem realistic. I'll be very happy to get rear hips and fastback/deck along those lines though.

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
Between the M3 and the R8?

Dude, it is not.

Between $60K and $160K is the middle mark between those two.

Ford isn't building the Mustang to compete with the ZR1, Nissan GT-R, Porsche "S" series, SRT Viper, etc etc.
The M3 and R8 have been the Mustang's target vehicles since 2010 (I thought this was well known). Ford used those specific vehicles for performance and interior inspiration. I assure you, Ford is about to move the Mustang up just as Chevy moved the Corvette up. Continuous production has it's advantages and as you can see, it allows the Mustang and Corvette to compete at those MSRP's with cars 2-3 times the cost.

Just because idiots pay $160,000 for a car doesn't mean it's worth it. The Mustang and Corvette will move a notch upmarket and do very well for a 3rd of the cost. It's possible Ford has a Corvette competitor this generation in a GT350. Ford could be running GT classes this year in an OEM chassis.I assure you, Ford designs a lot in Germany...

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Will S550 be this exotic? I suspect not, but it's drop dead gorgeous. Love you revisions, Pill

:love:

Sponsored

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
Will S550 be this exotic? I suspect not, but it's drop dead gorgeous. Love you revisions, Pill

:love:

Someone let slip that the S550 is very Jaguar F Type. An evolved 2014, to an Aston Martin/Jaguar F Type body style, Fast back, balanced hips and shoulders, Cobra-like stance and presence and a large mouth... I am excited... I have my money ready :)

Let me ask you this... Is this concept "Stunning" "Jaw dropping" and "Dope" compared to any concept seen? This concept IS Ford's Silhouette innovation exactly... It is based on this profile.

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Someone let slip that the S550 is very Jaguar F Type. An evolved 2014, to an Aston Martin/Jaguar F Type body style, Fast back, balanced hips and shoulders, Cobra-like stance and presence and a large mouth... I am excited... I have my money ready :)

Let me ask you this... Is this concept "Stunning" "Jaw dropping" and "Dope" compared to any concept seen? This concept IS Ford's Silhouette innovation exactly... It is based on this profile.
I hope so, Pill, I really hope so! :headbang:

Topnotch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mazda CX-9 Touring

Diesel

I like what you did with this last one^^ I would buy this in a second!

The front fender vents look a lot more natural there..... and with what we're seeing thru the camo I could believe we see a big vent there.

Yep! Looks like it to me too.

2015-ford-mustang-gt-steer-interior-wallpaper-5-1024x666-625x417.jpg
2015 mustang full prototype mule.jpg

Somms

I haven't seen the F type with that spoiler before and it looks a lot bigger in that picture. This thing was spotted in Mnahattan too. I've seen some sketches of the F type that look a lot more Mustang then the actual prototype.... it just looks far too small to be a Mustang.

ford-s-max650-625x417.jpg
jaguar f-type prototype-manhattan.jpg
Sponsored