Sponsored

All 2015+ Mustang S550 renders / chops compilation

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
I must say, Mustang fans are far more technically advanced than any other enthusiast.

Why don't we just throw our money together and make our own company?
Sponsored

Binion

Looks good, but I doubt the rear greenhouse will be that FRS/BRZ-like.
Agreed from the middle to end looks like my car. Not a bad thing ;)

I like the aggressive stance here. Would make a good GT tho that staggered look is really noticeable, Id rather more squared stance.

mrkrabz

Threads
Reaction score
I must say, Mustang fans are far more technically advanced than any other enthusiast.

That's pretty much what Tesla did. It's lead by a few rocket scientists and their cars are f***ing amazing.

mc lane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP AT, '05 Chrysler 300 C, '18 Navara Twin Turbo
Vehicle Showcase
It looks too much like my 13, with bigger hips. I still say fastback :headbang:
hi
may i introduce my photoshop (based on the wonderful work of Chazcron) i was just wondering, if Ford will use the tilted Forward rearlight design and how much bolstering there is under the disguise) (here my idea of what might be under the disguise)(sorry for the poor Quality, just used Windows paint to express my ideas)

GTsquid

Welcome to the site!

I like the changes you made and think that's pretty close to the roofline we'll see. as for the rear, I've been hoping for a more straight cut rear like the Mach 1, but to me the shape/design of the tail lights is more important.

Sponsored

Ponywars

Sure are. The '15 is the most rendered car of all time by a long shot. Think we've had over 100? Ford could build some great cars based off some of these renderings alone.

RIParker

attachment.jpg

I took this comparison someone else posted a while ago of the prototype and the current car and used Chazcron's render to superimpose it onto that silver S197 to see what kind of difference it may be.

It is VERY similar in general shape and size to the current car IF this is what we get. You can see the faint shadow of the S197. Current car has a longer front overhang by many inches and more of an "underbite." The prototype's roofline is where there's a big difference. It's shorter and flatter and the windshield has a more extreme angle. And of course the prototype looks lower with those side skirts. Otherwise it fits better than OJ's glove.

imagejpeg_2.jpg

attachment.gif
S197 comparison Chazcron prototype render.jpg

mrkrabz

Threads
Reaction score
This again lines up with the rumors. A bit smaller, a bit more fastback looking, and similar in overall shape to the s197.

To the people complaining about it being to similar to the s197, do you want a generic sports car, or a Mustang? The overall shape of the s197 screams mustang, and if they were to completely overhaul it, like you want, then it wouldn't be a mustang anymore. It would just be a sports car with a pony badge on it. Which isn't a true mustang to me.

Sponsored

JackHoya

You can liken it to the porsche. Size/shape remains the same but with more styling. I know a lot of people think this is the type of direction (the way Porsche iterates its icon) that Ford should've done in the fist place.

KZStang

It would be very disappointing to see smaller S197 for another 10 years :crazy:
10 years is an extremely long run for any platform. Remember the S197 had no competition from 2005-08. I would expect platform cycles to come down to around 7 years, similar to Chevy's.

Retrostang

Retrostang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Explorer Platinum
This again lines up with the rumors. A bit smaller, a bit more fastback looking, and similar in overall shape to the s197.

To the people complaining about it being to similar to the s197, do you want a generic sports car, or a Mustang? The overall shape of the s197 screams mustang, and if they were to completely overhaul it, like you want, then it wouldn't be a mustang anymore. It would just be a sports car with a pony badge on it. Which isn't a true mustang to me.
I certainly hope they don't stray too far from the current model. Everyone seemed so certain it would that I ordered a 14.

I'm beginning to wonder if I'm ever going to get it. Been 3 weeks and still no VIN yet.:shrug: I'm really getting anxious now.

mrkrabz

Threads
Reaction score
I certainly hope they don't stray too far from the current model. Everyone seemed so certain it would that I ordered a 14.

I'm beginning to wonder if I'm ever going to get it. Been 3 weeks and still no VIN yet.:shrug: I'm really getting anxious now.
Don't worry, I got mine in 5 1/2 weeks. I never got a vin. Just got a phone call randomly one day saying that it had arrived and was ready for me to pickup it up. I was so excited and shocked, because originally they told me about 6-8 weeks.

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Sorry, off topic

Flat Rock is currently under an extended Summer shutdown whilst the lines are prepped for the Fusion builds.

Contact Deysha on TMS (she goes under the login name of Ford Service) and she'll keep you informed :)

http://forums.themustangsource.com/f726/2014-ordered-built-delivered-thread-516755/index145/
Sponsored