Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood

J_Maher_AMG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R (HR057)
You think he's always wrong? Or are you afraid to admit when he's right?
I don't think its that he's always wrong, but when you look at his posts, and you see sometimes like 5 or more posts in a row all by him... continually spewing nonsense, admittedly sometimes with small bits of factual truth mixed in, but largely false "facts" and opinions/speculation given as "concrete data", it can get old, very quickly. Just because its a Mustang forum doesn't mean we should encourage or think its OK if some people constantly spew nonsense about other manufacturers. It is a Mustang enthusiast community, not a Anti-RestoftheWorld community :cheers::thumbsup:

ZaneWayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Chevy SS
Not always no. He's right every so often. And when he is, I usually agree with him. I was simply saying that there is no one over on C6 that compares to him. Because whether you admit it or not, he's wrong way more than he's right. Don't you remember him saying that the Camaro 1SS would be 3,800 pounds? And then myself and him making a bet on it. Annnnnnd then him not owning up to it.

ZaneWayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Chevy SS
I don't think its that he's always wrong, but when you look at his posts, and you see sometimes like 5 or more posts in a row all by him... continually spewing nonsense, admittedly sometimes with small bits of factual truth mixed in, but largely false "facts" and opinions/speculation given as "concrete data", it can get old, very quickly. Just because its a Mustang forum doesn't mean we should encourage or think its OK if some people constantly spew nonsense about other manufacturers. It is a Mustang enthusiast community, not a Anti-RestoftheWorld community :cheers::thumbsup:
Preach.

Sponsored

J_Maher_AMG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R (HR057)
That being said, some one what he says I find genuinely amusing, because it amazes me how someone can actually say some of the shit he does and actually believe it :D

Some of his opinions about overheating and issues are actually fine and probably do have some merit, but he's like a god dam Zealot man LOL he takes this shit more seriously than most people do their full time jobs :lol:

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
He does one thing great. He gets your attention.

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
He does one thing great. He gets your attention.
I'm not sure what any of that has to do with this... probably why the conversation has begun to drift away form the talking points.

They can't answer a question like that. What happened to the 230lbs weight loss in the 1LE and will the ZL1 bust its 220lbs promise too? What once made a 3670lbs 1SS possible has come directly back home to haunt them. I believe the ZL1 will miss the promised 220lbs weight loss because the 1LE and ZL1 programs are attached at the head.

Why is the A10's performance used instead of the manual? Why the delay? Why is there a $20,000 premium over a 1LE? Why did it take 7 months to run a 7:29, what was the manuals time vs. the 2014 z28? Who else has released Ring times this year? Where are the GT4 efforts and what engine are they using?

Who's excited about a jazzed up ZL1 being called a Z/28???

Not me...

That's the kinda "crap" that thePill post... it is offensive...

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
I'm not sure what any of that has to do with this... probably why the conversation has begun to drift away form the talking points.

They can't answer a question like that. What happened to the 230lbs weight loss in the 1LE and will the ZL1 bust its 220lbs promise too? What once made a 3670lbs 1SS possible has come directly back home to haunt them. I believe the ZL1 will miss the promised 220lbs weight loss because the 1LE and ZL1 programs are attached at the head.

Why is the A10's performance used instead of the manual? Why the delay? Why is there a $20,000 premium over a 1LE? Why did it take 7 months to run a 7:29, what was the manuals time vs. the 2014 z28? Who else has released Ring times this year? Where are the GT4 efforts and what engine are they using?

Not me...

I Agree with the Pill why doesn't GM post any performance figures with the manual trans everything they show is with the NOT available a10. The cars performance with the manual must really suck. If you can't beat the leader you use slight of had to make it appear your better.

02gtnh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 corvette conv. 17 F150

Not me...

These have been answered before but you still bring them up. Try doing a search.:crazy:

Sponsored

J_Maher_AMG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R (HR057)

Not me...

I don't necessarily think any of the topics you just listed are "crap", but there is a big difference in having a conversation about said topics, versus posting again and again and again and again about the same ones. The "crap" that people are mostly referring to is A) when you post speculation/personal opinions as "facts", and B) when you take a legit question but repeat it so many times, it comes across to readers as "shit talk" so it no longer appears that you are wondering or questioning things as an enthusiast, but rather simply spouting opinions again and again to shit on other vehicles.

Like I said, any of the topics in this post are legitimate questions IMO, but the way you go about things and sharing opinions could be greatly improved, and I think that is what most people often have an issue with, admittedly myself included sometimes lol

J_Maher_AMG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R (HR057)
I Agree with the Pill why doesn't GM post any performance figures with the manual trans everything they show is with the NOT available a10. The cars performance with the manual must really suck. If you can't beat the leader you use slight of had to make it appear your better.
Common sense and a bit of logic would say if they are going to release a ring time for example, they aren't going to release multiple times for different configurations... They release a single time (if any at all) of the fastest configuration. Do you see the 911 Carrera S time's for both manual and PDK? What about the convertible? Or the Targa? Arguing such things is ridiculous, the fastest configuration is the one that is tested and timed, and isn't that hard to understand. Doesn't mean the manual version "really sucks".

The manual is going to be for those enjoy driving > fastest lap times, always has been this way. Guys who want the fastest version will choose the auto when its available. Not exactly anything complex here to understand.

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
These have been answered before but you still bring them up. Try doing a search.:crazy:
What has been "answered" before?

Did we get an official word from Chevy as to what the issue is? Did we get any word from them on the drastic weight gains in the 1LE already?

Have they ever explained WHY a Camaro is thousands more compared to the Mustang? Or the effects of a cage or bar at Nurburgring? Did they ever talk about a supercharger during the "Z/28" heritage montage?

Lap times are great and all but doing them all by yourself on a track nobody release lap times for is a waste of money. Ford just bullied the greatest road course Camaro ever built in the z28 and Chevy isn't going to develop a competitive option?

Why are we including a Camaro in any H2H's? Seriously... I think it's Corvette time. I'd rather the Mistang get locked into a real battle with a real competitor. Nobody has time for Ring runs that Chevy needs to dump 7 months of prep into to run. They could of had an NA V8 by now...

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Common sense and a bit of logic would say if they are going to release a ring time for example, they aren't going to release multiple times for different configurations... They release a single time (if any at all) of the fastest configuration. Do you see the 911 Carrera S time's for both manual and PDK? What about the convertible? Or the Targa? Arguing such things is ridiculous, the fastest configuration is the one that is tested and timed, and isn't that hard to understand. Doesn't mean the manual version "really sucks".

The manual is going to be for those enjoy driving > fastest lap times, always has been this way. Guys who want the fastest version will choose the auto when its available. Not exactly anything complex here to understand.
All the performance figures gm advertise for there zl1 super car is for the a10 if there car is so great why don't they (gm) release the performance figures for the only transmission available the m6 are they that embarrassed

boosted12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Nissan 370Z
Bottomline::: lets see a GT 350R verse Zl1 head to head....I have been looking and any GT350R you can realistically get is over 75K...while the ZL1 is about 60K....trans, weight, bla bla bla..its an ICONIC ALL AROUND VEHICLE that is more than the equal of the GT350R>>>>>>
Sponsored