Steeda IRS Brace

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
That’s good to hear! I just went out and sprayed mine with the gray paint today.

Man, this is taking a LONG time! Now it’s wait 2 more days, go back to spot check and correct some areas. The darn tarp blew up onto one end of one of the braces while it was still wet, so I’ll have to try and scuff and touch that up and then it will be 2 more days of waiting before they’re completely cured and can go back on the car.

SMH, I went from replacing a ruptured fuel line, to installing rear drag springs, a drag race sway bar and now, painting subframe braces? I guess that’s what happens when there’s too much down time waiting for parts. I need to get this thing back on the road ASAP!

IMG_6067.jpeg

IMG_6066.jpeg
They look good! Haha, yeah just falling down the rabbit hole of parts/upgrades. Sucks that we even have to paint/powder coat these things but it is what it is I guees
Sponsored

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
That’s good to hear! I just went out and sprayed mine with the gray paint today.

Man, this is taking a LONG time! Now it’s wait 2 more days, go back to spot check and correct some areas. The darn tarp blew up onto one end of one of the braces while it was still wet, so I’ll have to try and scuff and touch that up and then it will be 2 more days of waiting before they’re completely cured and can go back on the car.

SMH, I went from replacing a ruptured fuel line, to installing rear drag springs, a drag race sway bar and now, painting subframe braces? I guess that’s what happens when there’s too much down time waiting for parts. I need to get this thing back on the road ASAP!

IMG_6067.jpeg

IMG_6066.jpeg
Looking good - and difficult to tell from a photo that their not a perfect colour match to the originals :like:

It looks like you have the same 'middle' age brace design as me :like:

WD :like:

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
They look good! Haha, yeah just falling down the rabbit hole of parts/upgrades. Sucks that we even have to paint/powder coat these things but it is what it is I guees
Yep, as much as I’m not a fan of having trees in my yard, this is one time where I could have used one right out in the middle of my backyard. I would have been able to manage things much better by hanging them from a tree branch and painting them, as opposed to holding them by the hook with one hand and spraying with the other.

I saw in a previous thread where Steeda has reportedly improved upon their powder coating process and they will recoat them under the lifetime warranty. The problem with that is, by the time a guy buys packaging material and pays for the shipping, it’s gonna cost a bit to ship long and awkward packages. With that being said, yes, it definitely sucks to have to deal with this crap.

Last edited:

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Yep, as much as I’m now a fan of having trees in my yard, this is one time where I could have used one right out in the middle of my backyard. I would have been able to manage things much better by hanging them from a tree branch and painting them, as opposed to holding them by the hook with one hand and spraying the other.

I saw in a previous thread where Steeda has reportedly improved upon their powder coating process and they will recoat them under the lifetime warranty. The problem with that is, by the time a guy buys packaging material and pays for the shipping, it’s gonna cost a bit to ship long and awkward packages. With that being said, yes, it definitely sucks to have to deal with this crap.
Yeah I have heard that their powder coating has improved. I didn’t know you send them back to be re-coated. But I agree, the expense (and time) of shipping them to/from probably isn’t worth it. Guess we’ll see how the Rustoleum holds up over time.

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Looking good - and difficult to tell from a photo that their not a perfect colour match to the originals :like:

It looks like you have the same 'middle' age brace design as me :like:

WD :like:
Thanks WD. Yes, they are close in color. It was either go darker or lighter and I felt the lighter was the better choice of the two colors, so I decided to roll with that.

Sponsored

vinny89gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
LaFlamaBlanca
Vehicle(s)
2023 Iconic Silver GT PP
Yeah. Like the Steeda subframe braces and BMR jacking rails don’t fit with each other (and vice versa). Stuff like the dowels and bushing inserts should work but I haven’t tried so I don’t know for sure
Steeda actually now sells the insert bushings cut specifically to fit the CB005/CB762, though with those kits you don't really need the bushings.

Robottrainer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Robottrainer
No
Other than hitting the drag strip a few times, I don’t plan on autocrossing or tracking my car. However, I noticed like many other Mustang owners have noticed that when I made a quick transition from left to right or right to left, the rear suspension feels like it’s a step behind and attached to the chassis by rubber bands. I’d like to minimize this sensation but also don’t want to go nuts with cost or modifications.

I’ve read a ton of threads about IRS braces, and the Steeda braces seem to be highly regarded as an easy way to reduce wheel hop on hard acceleration. Are they also good at reducing the latent rear end steering effect? I saw the other post recently on this but I think that Mustang owner has already done more to the suspension than I care to.

Also, do I need to be concerned about these Steeda braces rusting? I will drive in the salt and snow during the winters occasionally.
No one change effectively fixes that rear end. Every change you do makes it a little better. The easiest is the brace whether it BMR or Steda. Biggest improvement is the lower control arm bushing.

Next is the toe link bushings then the toe links. Then the upper control arms, vertical links. The cradle bushing finish it but once you do those, you will start hearing everything back there (spherical bushings, toe links etc.) But the feel and handling is solid!

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I put the subframe braces back on the car today and snapped a couple of pictures in good lighting conditions. While they were drying, I thought the colors would be very close, but as you all can see, there is a big difference in the two colors. I’m not going to lose any sleep over it. At least I have a few layers of paint protection on them to keep the rust at bay.

Notice in the bottom pic, how the powder coating has chipped off of my Differential Bracket. Not pulling the cradle back down again to address that one though, as it was a big job installing that bracket.

IMG_6606.jpeg

IMG_6605.jpeg

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I would say the color is close to that of the FJG Mach 1.
Sponsored