Sponsored

October 2016 Mustang Sales

Mr Monte

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT Premium
On the matter of QC and service, is Dodge and Chevy doing any better?

Knock on wood, I haven't had the need to go service anything...
Being a 2010 Challenger SRT8, 2012 Camaro SS, 2013 Mustang GT & 2014 SS Sedan owner Ford has the worst QC and Service, always a fight to get anything fixed under warranty. Dealer ended up buying back my 2010 Mustang GT due to unresolved safety issues.

Dodge service department was quick to throw parts at my Challenger which was frequent but they always gave me a nice loaner. I've been happy with the QC on my Chevys, 30K miles on the Camaro & no issues, 60k miles on the SS Sedan & only 1 sensor replaced.
Sponsored

SpeedLu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Premium PP1 Mustang GT, 2017 F-150 Platinum FX4
Being a 2010 Challenger SRT8, 2012 Camaro SS, 2013 Mustang GT & 2014 SS Sedan owner Ford has the worst QC and Service, always a fight to get anything fixed under warranty. Dealer ended up buying back my 2010 Mustang GT due to unresolved safety issues.

Dodge service department was quick to throw parts at my Challenger which was frequent but they always gave me a nice loaner. I've been happy with the QC on my Chevys, 30K miles on the Camaro & no issues, 60k miles on the SS Sedan & only 1 sensor replaced.
I've never had issues getting warranry work performed, and I have mods and a tune. You had a bad dealer and a poor relationship with them. I know that's a rough experience but they're not all like that.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.

Still waiting on the paint job from Chevy when the hood and bumper tried to flake off. At least ford gave me a repaint.:shrug:

5.0 435

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
.07 Shelby SGT #0016 ...18 GT PP1 manual
Maybe the slow sales is why they are discounting the 17's $5K off MSRP. Those are the discounts in the Atlanta area. That should help. I did notice GT built after June or so had a $500 increase on the PP option.

Last edited:

AlmostFamous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
There's a ton of 16's 1SS around me from the Chevy website for 20% off right now. $31k+TTL that's a deal. If this is next year and there are some 1LE's with this discount that'd be hard to turn down.
If I could have gotten a 2016 1SS for $30k during the end of the summer, I'd probably be driving it instead of a Mustang.

Sponsored

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase

I have bought new Fords since 1982 and I have had only two cars that have had a problem but my dealer has always taken care of it. If you would like to know there listed in the off topic Other car you've owned thread. I normally drive my cars 150 k plus before I replace them and I say Ford builds the best cars on the road bar none. :ford:

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
OK, 3 MODEL years old.......'15, '16 & '17. The Camaro is a '16 model and already heavily discounted. I don't have to argue Mustang v Camaro sales, the total volumes speak for themselves.
Discounts are running around 11k at that discount the chevy faithful finally have decided to buy.

DABKO

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2019 DHG Bullitt & 2001 DHG Bullitt

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Even with the discounts, GM has 4 months of '16/'17 Camaro inventory on their dealer lots. I was expecting a plant shutdown like what happened at FRAP weeks ago, not a total elimination of a shift.

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/bu...2016/11/09/general-motors-small-car/93540444/
GM has been turning cars out full blast all year and have there inventories bloated and now the people who run the stock market are getting fidgety there going to lay people off and slow production. Ford saw the slow sales coming and had already started taking measures to keep inventory down and the same people who run the stock market have generally given Ford good marks for being proactive during the slow down.

redd7188

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 Mustang
Well, it's clear Ford has wrapped things up for the year while Chevy is having a fire sale to get rid of excess surplus.

Mustang has already won the sales crown for the year.

Last edited:

Sponsored

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Well, it's clear Ford has wrapped things up for the year while Chevy is having a fire sale to get rid of excess surplus.

Mustang has already won the sales crown for the year.
Even if Mustang just sells in the 5k range the next two months it'll still be 100.000 Mustangs sold in the U.S. alone :ford:

5.0 435

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
.07 Shelby SGT #0016 ...18 GT PP1 manual
Everything I've read states that the Mustang is back ordered for many months overseas. Which is why I don't understand why Flat Rock shutdown for a week in October due to slow sales. Maybe there is a limit on right hand drive components that are available per month...therefore putting a "bottleneck" on production capacity for right hand drive mustangs per month.

It will be interesting if Ford starts putting more cash on the hood of the '17's to push more product.

Bloomberg:
"The second-largest U.S. automaker idled the factory (for one week) in Flat Rock, south of Detroit, to match production capacity with demand, Kelli Felker, a company spokeswoman, said in an e-mailed statement."
Right now you can get $5K off MSRP on a 17 GT.

SpeedLu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Premium PP1 Mustang GT, 2017 F-150 Platinum FX4
Where are you guys seeing these $5k off deals on 2017 Mustangs? I can't find anything like that in my region.
Sponsored