Camaro has 6,277 for October
Sponsored

Macfarland

MacFastang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Toyota Prius III Touring
Wow! That's terrible. Two months in a row behind the Camaro?! Are people really that intrigued by the 2018 Mustang?

Kevin08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
19GT
Wow! That's terrible. Two months in a row behind the Camaro?! Are people really that intrigued by the 2018 Mustang?
Probably a combination of that and the massive discounts on the Camaro. That's what it takes for GM to be succesful on the financial department.

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Probably. Majority of your crowd has their 2015-2017 model and your winter months are coming up. They have to build up the hype for the refresh. You tell people things like "It will have more horsepower" and that will encourage people to wait. Also, there's really a lack of 2017 models on dealer lots with loaded options unlike the 2016 model previously. I could find several 2016's with the 401A, PP, Premier trim easily.

Lets not forget the massive discounts Chevy has and the lack of Ford discounts on the Mustang.

Knowing that the new model is getting the HP bump and PI/DI as an enthusiast, I am waiting for that refresh. Financially, probably around 2019 I'll be grabbing one before the S650 drops.

Just my 2 cents.

Sponsored

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
The market is saturated. No matter how cool Mustangs, Corvettes, challengers Etc are to us. The majority of people would rather have a Camry or F150. We are a small target audience. The people that have to have the latest and greatest will trade in their cars and sales will go back up next year.

ZaneWayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Chevy SS
The market is saturated. No matter how cool Mustangs, Corvettes, challengers Etc are to us. The majority of people would rather have a Camry or F150. We are a small target audience. The people that have to have the latest and greatest will trade in their cars and sales will go back up next year.
Very very true words.

FIVE_LITER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT PP Competition Orange
You guys think it's terrible but all year long mustang has been kicking camaros ass in sales by 4-5000 units each month. The camaro out sold the mustang by a measly 800 units... And there's a refresh coming for the pony.

Rebellion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Competition Orange GT
Probably. Majority of your crowd has their 2015-2017 model and your winter months are coming up. They have to build up the hype for the refresh. You tell people things like "It will have more horsepower" and that will encourage people to wait. Also, there's really a lack of 2017 models on dealer lots with loaded options unlike the 2016 model previously. I could find several 2016's with the 401A, PP, Premier trim easily.

Lets not forget the massive discounts Chevy has and the lack of Ford discounts on the Mustang.

Knowing that the new model is getting the HP bump and PI/DI as an enthusiast, I am waiting for that refresh. Financially, probably around 2019 I'll be grabbing one before the S650 drops.

Just my 2 cents.
Is the PI/DI confirmed? That would be a huge step...

1K or less of an advantage for the Camaro in two months is nothing compared to their deficit of 3K or so for the rest of the year. Year to date, there are still more 'stangs than Camaros, which is sad 'cause it's a new platform.

It's like fighting an uphill battle. They finally decided to do the logical thing and lower their prices...it would suck being the first adopters and paying 40-50k for one. This is like Chevy really not giving a fuck about their enthusiasts.

Sponsored

speedfrk

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.nationalsuperbike.com
First Name
Curt
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier
You guys are talking like the GT is the only model but there are plenty of V6 and EB cars on dealer lots- some discounted 8-10K. I can buy a 2016 EB PP for 22K. Big Ford dealer here in ATL discounted all their 2016's 10K to blow them out. It was successful. So, GM isn't the only one doing the crazy incentive thing to move cars.

SpeedLu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Premium PP1 Mustang GT, 2017 F-150 Platinum FX4
You guys are talking like the GT is the only model but there are plenty of V6 and EB cars on dealer lots- some discounted 8-10K. I can buy a 2016 EB PP for 22K. Big Ford dealer here in ATL discounted all their 2016's 10K to blow them out. It was successful. So, GM isn't the only one doing the crazy incentive thing to move cars.
Your point? Most people who wanted the 4banger or the V6 already have theirs, just like the GT. There's no difference.

1320'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Avenger...sadly
The Gen 5 Camaro saw a very similar slump in 2013, right before the 2014 refresh which perked sales back up.

It's not the end of the world folks..the car has remained essentially unchanged for 2 calendar years and 3 model years..it's getting stale..as the sales slide indicates.

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
Well it's obvious Mustang has hit it's peak long before these past few months. The market can only be so large for people who want to own a 1. Ford and a 2. Mustang. With it's 3rd MY I'd find it hard to continue to outsell especially for people who are now looking into Mustangs and do research will most likely pull up articles about an upcoming refresh. I think what would be more interesting to know at this point is, for the loss of units for Mustangs, how many of the Camaro sales are people switching over. The Camaro with the step discounts offers more bang for your buck at this point. If I were in the market for a Pony car right now there is no doubt i'd drive away in a Camaro if I were looking at both, it makes most sense aside from looks.

crs2879

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
If you look historically, the only time the Camaro outsells the Mustang is when they introduce a re-freshed model.........as they have in 2016. Couple that with large GM discounts, election year AND 2018 Mustang re-fresh and the numbers are not surprising.
Sponsored