Sponsored

July 2016 Mustang Sales Numbers (Updated with Charts)

Given To Fly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F150 Limited
The Camaro's biggest problem is the same problem nearly every other Chevy has, they look like rental cars on the inside. While Chevy interiors have come a long way post-recession, their interiors are still a generation behind most of the industry. If Chebby were smart, it would steal away the interior designer at Volvo, who I believe came Bentley. That would be money well spent long term.
Sponsored

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
The biggest problem for the Camaro is, it's a Chevy. Camaro fanboys will never admit that the mustang out sold the Camaro for 42 out of 50 years. http://blog.caranddriver.com/warnin...aro-vs-mustang-sales-numbers-in-living-color/
Notice the above graft does not include Shelby American sales. But it does include Z28, SS, 1LE etc.
I also love hearing people say "without the Camaro ford wouldn't have the mustang we have today" well ford gave us the mach1, Shelby gt500, bullitt, supercharged Cobras etc. all WITHOUT the Camaro!

AmericanLegend

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium w/ PP
Looking forward to the numbers publishing today. :D

Mr Monte

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT Premium
Here is the real kicker, the whole time sales were good for the camaro (2010-2014), the Mustang's sales were pretty poor.
I did my part for the Gen 5 Mustangs, bought 3 (2006, 2010, 2013) but I did buy a 2012 Camaro. I haven't bought a Gen 6 yet but have driven several Camaros & Mustangs. The Camaro is a better performance car except I hate the driver's seating position. The Mustang is a better overall driver's car except for feeling too nose heavy and a bigger turning radius than my Tahoe.

Dealers around me are still proud of their Camaros so little if any discounts going on and cars are not selling. I've been watching a new Scat Pack Challenger for 3 months now and they just dropped the price $3k below MSRP. I got my Challenger SRT8 for $8K off MSRP from the same dealer. Those Challengers aren't selling either.

Sponsored

16 GT MM/Auto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KIA Stinger GT AWD

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
Its actually 42 years. Lol.

I see another 1999 in the camaros future.

16 GT MM/Auto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KIA Stinger GT AWD
I have nothing against Camaros personally. And I know many owners, they're great guys.

But for some reason, the public has chosen Mustangs over Camaros the vast majority of the time.

OP
OP
garagelogic

garagelogic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 LX 5.0 Coupe-Coyote Swapped
Vehicle Showcase
I have nothing against Camaros personally. And I know many owners, they're great guys.

But for some reason, the public has chosen Mustangs over Camaros the vast majority of the time.
"...but for some reason". The reason is, the majority of buyers prefer the Mustang to the Camaro. It's that simple.

4V Mayhem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium M6
I haven't looked up the numbers so I may be wrong in what I'm about to say. But I'll say it anyway...feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. I think The Mustang is selling soo well because Ford is really pushing the EB engines. I mean, from what I've seen, these Ford dealerships are basically throwing those EB engines out there. Ford is giving dealerships lots of incentives to push the EBs. And they are very aggressive but in a very positive way. Chevy on the other hand, instead of picking up on the turbo 4cyl trend, they decided to make the turbo 4 the base model under the V6. And they aren't even making an effort to sell them. I went to several Ford dealerships before I bought my 15 GT and they all sad they'd work out a great price and beat the competitor's pricing. You know what the Chevy dealers told me? They said "oh we're not taking a dime off the price because the car is gonna sell anyway"...I guess the sales figures proves them wrong. Look at it like this, an optioned out SS is in base model Corvette pricing range. If I pay over $50K for a car, it ain't gonna be a Camaro SS. No way no how. Chevy needs to get their act together and stop trying to make the Camaro into some kind of luxury vehicle. People who want that type of car ain't looking at Camaros for over $50K. Just my own thoughts on it.

Sponsored

16 GT MM/Auto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KIA Stinger GT AWD

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
I haven't looked up the numbers so I may be wrong in what I'm about to say. But I'll say it anyway...feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. I think The Mustang is selling soo well because Ford is really pushing the EB engines. I mean, from what I've seen, these Ford dealerships are basically throwing those EB engines out there. Ford is giving dealerships lots of incentives to push the EBs. And they are very aggressive but in a very positive way. Chevy on the other hand, instead of picking up on the turbo 4cyl trend, they decided to make the turbo 4 the base model under the V6. And they aren't even making an effort to sell them. I went to several Ford dealerships before I bought my 15 GT and they all sad they'd work out a great price and beat the competitor's pricing. You know what the Chevy dealers told me? They said "oh we're not taking a dime off the price because the car is gonna sell anyway"...I guess the sales figures proves them wrong. Look at it like this, an optioned out SS is in base model Corvette pricing range. If I pay over $50K for a car, it ain't gonna be a Camaro SS. No way no how. Chevy needs to get their act together and stop trying to make the Camaro into some kind of luxury vehicle. People who want that type of car ain't looking at Camaros for over $50K. Just my own thoughts on it.
I believe the GT has accounted for almost 40% of the total sales so far of the new S550. I read it somewhere around here a while back. Wish I could remember where I say it.

Maybe someone will chime in and let me know or correct me:)

Wblv17

older fart
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2014 5.7HEMI Ram and 2015 eco boost race red pp
are the sales out yet?:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

AmericanLegend

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium w/ PP
Wow, the above quote is funny....
I've always thought this is interesting human behavior.
Evidently, if you drive a Camaro, you might not be a good person.

We do all realize that the Camaro most closely matches a Mustang....more than any other car on the road?!?
So, to find Mustangs appealing, one would also realize the similarities the Camaro shares with our beloved Mustang.
Long hood, short deck, V8 powered, rear wheel drive, American muscle car.
Why do so many people pick a side, then justify their choice by hating the alternative, but very simular choice?

Hate on Prius, Civic, Corolla, Minivans if you must...but why the distain for something so similar to your choice in automobile? Could it be that we're scared we made the wrong choice? Bashing is mostly an attempt to justify to yourself that you made the correct choice?

With that being said....go Ford :ford: Camaros Suck!! Haha

Jdenkevitz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby GT PP. Former 2016 Ecoboost owner.
Wow, the above quote is funny....
I've always thought this is interesting human behavior.
Evidently, if you drive a Camaro, you might not be a good person.

We do all realize that the Camaro most closely matches a Mustang....more than any other car on the road?!?
So, to find Mustangs appealing, one would also realize the similarities the Camaro shares with our beloved Mustang.
Long hood, short deck, V8 powered, rear wheel drive, American muscle car.
Why do so many people pick a side, then justify their choice by hating the alternative, but very simular choice?

Hate on Prius, Civic, Corolla, Minivans if you must...but why the distain for something so similar to your choice in automobile? Could it be that we're scared we made the wrong choice? Bashing is mostly an attempt to justify to yourself that you made the correct choice?

With that being said....go Ford :ford: Camaros Suck!! Haha
It's tribalism. Us versus them. Its somewhat irrational. Not far off from 'choice' of sports teams or religion. You happen to be born into a set of parameters (Ford, New York, Christianity) and you root for those against others (Chevy, Philadelphia, Islam). It seems more difficult when an individual assesses and chooses these things on their own, independent of geographic locale or parental/family preference.

Cars (for better or worse) in our culture are looked at as an extension of a person's worth and personality. We (initially) judge others by the cars they drive.

There is also a defensive personal ego component, as your car represents the expenditure of a huge commitment of time and money. Just think of how many thousands of hours of work time your car represents? Anything that reinforces to the consumer that they made the 'right choice' is over emphasized. Seeing high sales numbers, reinforces that others 'agree'.

They are all just different variations of peacock feathers. Its part of human nature, as these behaviors conferred a selective advantage. But it is also heavily reinforced by western culture.
Sponsored