Sponsored

July 2016 Mustang Sales Numbers (Updated with Charts)

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
We don't want the Camaro to die off. This is not a Chrysler K car for crying out loud.
Sponsored

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
I love my Mustang. I did not like the exterior or interior styling of the Camaro as much, and the 2ss pricing was more than I was willing to spend for the better performance bearing that in mind.

I don't understand tribalism with car brands, I can own one car, and appreciate another. My family even gave me grief over buying a Ford (my father had a 58 and a 70 corvette).

It's actually better for 'us' if the Camaro sells well. More incentive for Ford to innovate.
Really? You think ford needs the Camaro around to build a world class car? I get so tired of people saying that.
First of all ford invented the pony car. Without the mustang their would be no Camaro or cuda - challenger. If you really want to get technical, the falcon started it all! Without the falcon we wouldn't have the mustang or any other affordable sport/performance car. Now, for years the mustang has evolved into what it is today. From 1964.5-1966 their was no Camaro. Same goes for 2003 through 2009. Look what ford gave us in those 6 years! All without the Camaro! Or challenger for that matter. We had supercharged 4.6, mach1, shelbys, a new 2005 body style, bullitt etc. Not to mention up fitters like Saleen, Steeda, etc. In my opinion GM needs the mustang! Nobody wants the Camaro and the sales prove it. GM is just to stupid to let go again. Sorry GM, your car is a crap shoot again.
Now go ahead you Camaro fanboys let me hear how wrong you think I am.
Show me a car that has the consumer AND aftermarket following!!! You can't. Only a mustang!

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
We don't want the Camaro to die off. This is not a Chrysler K car for crying out loud.
GM needs to take a lesson from AMC. People complain about the camaros lack of rear window visibility, well the pacer can help that! Did someone say fish bowl?

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase

It's not a K car it's a camaro a poney car that has become irrelevant because GM decided have ass it's approach to it. Only slightly changed styling cheep interior and majorly over priced. GM deluded them self's in believing the public would go crazy over the 6g and buy what ever they shoved out at what ever price they (GM) put on it, boy did they f up. I hope camaro dies serves GM right for believing the buying public ( that's us guys) are idiots.

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
It's not a K car it's a camaro a poney car that has become irrelevant because GM decided have ass it's approach to it. Only slightly changed styling cheep interior and majorly over priced. GM deluded them self's in believing the public would go crazy over the 6g and buy what ever they shoved out at what ever price they (GM) put on it, boy did they f up. I hope camaro dies serves GM right for believing the buying public ( that's us guys) are idiots.

What GM though was they had a "great" thing. Kinda like if it isn't broke don't fix it attitude. They though that by keeping the body style the same and giving it a vett engine and Cadillac chassis would be a win win. It's a shitter. To GM I "we" laugh. Ha ha ha ha

Sponsored

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
What GM though was they had a "great" thing. Kinda like if it isn't broke don't fix it attitude. They though that by keeping the body style the same and giving it a vett engine and Cadillac chassis would be a win win. It's a shitter. To GM I "we" laugh. Ha ha ha ha
Absolutely correct. Why is the Mustang such a success. Ford understands what it has in the Mustang and went all out on its redesign. Its not on a rehashed Focus chassis but on it's 1st designed for Mustang all new chassis. And most importantly Ford remembered who buys the Mustang and priced it that way.

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Ford isn't stupid, they know what the consumer wants. And they also know the aftermarket following the mustang has. They build an affordable foundation for the enthusiast to build upon and make their own. That's what the mustang is and always has been. What these Camaro guys don't get and are to ignorant to understand is ford can build any kind of mustang they please, it "could" have more of everything. But it's not needed because they know more also cost more and the more it cost the "less" they sell. They also know that no two buyers are the same and any void they choose not to provide the aftermarket will fill for those who desire.

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
Absolutely correct. Why is the Mustang such a success. Ford understands what it has in the Mustang and went all out on its redesign. Its not on a rehashed Focus chassis but on it's 1st designed for Mustang all new chassis. And most importantly Ford remembered who buys the Mustang and priced it that way.
Agreed...
also..

Dave Pericak was heaven sent for the S550. He was/is passionate about the Mustang. It is not just a car...

It's America...An honest to god ICON. The people at Ford know this.

Topnotch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mazda CX-9 Touring
JULY 2016: 9,565

Sponsored

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads