Sponsored

July 2016 Mustang Sales Numbers (Updated with Charts)

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
My new favorite quote from a camaro6 member below.:lol: He's gearing up for the sales thread delusion.

The sales are fine, profit is up. Ford tanked. Combine this thread with the monthly sales thread, everything you need to know is in those 100 pages.

Jdenkevitz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby GT PP. Former 2016 Ecoboost owner.
Chevy is fighting their history when it comes to the Camaro. The car punches above its weight. The 2ss is a better car than the Mustang, and the price reflects as much. The problem is people see a sticker that high and think "For a Camaro?". They have to reinvent public perception. Its competing against m3/m4's in terms of performance, but its still called a Camaro. For all intensive purposes the 2SS in the low 40's is an amazing value. A 4 door corvette. It's not too expensive for what you get. But its too expensive for a 'Camaro'.

Weather Man

Persistance is a Bitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 I4 T Prem Auto
Chevy is fighting their history when it comes to the Camaro. The car punches above its weight. The 2ss is a better car than the Mustang, and the price reflects as much. The problem is people see a sticker that high and think "For a Camaro?". They have to reinvent public perception. Its competing against m3/m4's in terms of performance, but its still called a Camaro. For all intensive purposes the 2SS in the low 40's is an amazing value. A 4 door corvette. It's not too expensive for what you get. But its too expensive for a 'Camaro'.
A car you can't see out of isn't a better car. The die hard will put up with it, everybody else, not so much. The sales numbers reflect that.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Glowing testimonial. :faint:What's your camaro6 log on name?

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
Too funny. The Camaro IS the better car? Oh really? How? Faster, stock for stock? I'll give the SS that nod, nothing more.

Sponsored

Jdenkevitz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Glowing testimonial. :faint:What's your camaro6 log on name?
I love my Mustang. I did not like the exterior or interior styling of the Camaro as much, and the 2ss pricing was more than I was willing to spend for the better performance bearing that in mind.

I don't understand tribalism with car brands, I can own one car, and appreciate another. My family even gave me grief over buying a Ford (my father had a 58 and a 70 corvette).

It's actually better for 'us' if the Camaro sells well. More incentive for Ford to innovate.

AmericanLegend

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium w/ PP
Most people buy a Mustang or Camaro to drive in the real world. The Mustang accomplishes this task much better than the Camaro.

The Mustang isn't that far behind the Camaro in performance....
If power is your ultimate goal. Tune your Mustang, or maybe take the $7000 you'll save buying a Mustang GT Premium vs Camaro 2SS and put a Roush supercharger on your Mustang. Now you'll have spent roughly the same as the guy that bought the Camaro, but will have ~670 crank hp.

Jdenkevitz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Most people buy a Mustang or Camaro to drive in the real world. The Mustang accomplishes this task much better than the Camaro.

The Mustang isn't that far behind the Camaro in performance....
If power is your ultimate goal. Tune your Mustang, or maybe take the $7000 you'll save buying a Mustang GT Premium vs Camaro 2SS and put a Roush supercharger on your Mustang. Now you'll have spent roughly the same as the guy that bought the Camaro, but will have 627 crank hp.
These are good points. I did not find the visibility sufficient in the Camaro, and preferred the Mustangs cabin in general.

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
A 4 door corvette ?? The last time I counted the camaro has 2 doors and it's not a better car than the Mustang just go to camaro 6 and read all the problems it's having. And as far as competing against bmw m3's and m4's sounds like you've reading to many excuses for bad sales over at c6.

minjitta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Explorer
A 4 door corvette ?? The last time I counted the camaro has 2 doors and it's not a better car than the Mustang just go to camaro 6 and read all the problems it's having. And as far as competing against bmw m3's and m4's sounds like you've reading to many excuses for bad sales over at c6.
OH boy Camaro got sh!t loaded of problems, that another reasons for low sales.

Sponsored

TexArmageddon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Corvette
I'm always torn with these threads. On the one hand. I do love to watch the 10-15 Nitwits that rule Camaro6 lose their minds every month. On the other hand. It's a shame GM priced the Camaro out of their tarket audience price range. I don't give a sh!t how upscale GM wants to be. Mustangs and Camaros have always been an every mans car. Let the regular guys buy the GTs and the SS. Let the collectors buy the special editions.

This right here... This is where they screwed up the Caddy line also... The Brands were for us.. If they want to fight for the higher tiers go for it, but don't expect us to join you GM.

WarrENDeatH

The Batman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R 'Hellbat'
OH boy Camaro got sh!t loaded of problems, that another reasons for low sales.
This.

And really, the SS is the only one that stands head and heels above the Mustang. The other models really don't. Not to mention, at cost, for an American product, is pretty ridiculous. Sure, it competes with an M4 (so says MotorChevy, I mean Trend).

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
The camaro is a QC disaster, I am amazed at the forum banter.

The camaro isn't a better car...

The platform/chassis/suspension was of ATS/CTS design. The drivetrain was barrowed, the brakes, wheels... NOTHING was developed specifically for the camaro.

Take that a step further and say, the 1LE also had NO NEW PART NUMBERS.

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
I watch the camaro6 warranty section. thePill has witness quite an alarming rate or customers actually threatening to RETURN the 2016 camaro.

Listen, I can't count the areas the SS dominates the Mustang on one hand on one finger. While you all are raising one finger and saying "Quarter Mile", keep in mind, that is ONLY an automatic and ONLY an SS. Anywhere else, you gotta pray the GT is 100% stock.

When I spend $$$, I need to feel it was the best decision, for the money. I feel many DO NOT feel that when shopping a camaro.

Here is the real kicker, the whole time sales were good for the camaro (2010-2014), the Mustang's sales were pretty poor.

Keep in mind, the Camaro just barely outsold the Mustang. Even in the beginning, it was close and finished off about 20,000 apart. Literally the best remembered sales in camaro history are compared to some of the Mustang's worst selling years.

Only the illusion of profits were there while they kept the 5th gen in constant upgrade. Now, if they rushed out a "successful" body style, what do you thinks gonna happen here.

Glenn G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
15 DIB 6MT base Ecoboost
popcorn__.gif

But FCA was cheating to post better sales!
Not enough cars are available
No Convertible
No Turbo model
Long winter
Sponsored