Sponsored

Is it worth buying these texas speed headers if it has these dents on one of them?

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I've seen tests on Engine Masters where they nearly crushed a set of headers and they couldn't measure any difference in performance. It's counter-intuitive, but as far as I know it's true. Dents like that in headers don't hurt performance.
Sponsored

Unas2k5

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Samer
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, 2021 Explorer ,2019 Impala
Those look like dents that my stainless works long tubes have. One has dents and the other actually has a hole in it. Doesn’t seem to effect anything.

Unas2k5

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Samer
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, 2021 Explorer ,2019 Impala
Doesn't really matter as long as there isnt a hole in them. One thing you need to consider though, is that headers really aren't worth the cost and effort on these cars unless your going to boost it. Loud AF, emission issues, and you won't even notice the performance gain
Mine has a hole in it. What effect does that have ? I’m also procharged

Chicken hawk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
michael
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt pp
That area doesn’t even contact anything to my understanding on 2015 and up so don’t see someone doing that deliberately. I like new headers personally just because I don’t want to be dealing with them again once they are on. PITA in my opinion

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I never dyno’d my 2019 Bullitt before the header install, PMAS CAI and tune, but with catted LTHs, an x-pipe and the factory active exhaust, it made 469 rwhp and 434 rwtq on E85. I never dyno’d it on 93, so I don’t know how much of that increase the E85 actually made over 93.

Sponsored

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ⓡ⒟⒞ⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃ⒟Ⓢ⒜
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Meh.. if you don't like those dents you can always pull em out.
As for power loss, no idea all your really doing is reshaping the
cross section, so it may affect power from that particular cylinder.

wattman1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Mustang Mach 1
I've seen tests on Engine Masters where they nearly crushed a set of headers and they couldn't measure any difference in performance. It's counter-intuitive, but as far as I know it's true. Dents like that in headers don't hurt performance.
Came here to say this. Engine Masters covered it and they still refer to that testing on the Dyno in recent episodes.

OP - for 1/2 price, heck yeah I’d do it. Annnd, the PO is telling stories, if HE installed himself. Those are “clearanced” for sure. Not dented by road debris.

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Off topic, but ‘Clearanced’ made me laugh. Can we not be honest and just say that someone’s smashed the crap out of them with a hammer ?

For a moment, I thought I was back in work. When I write a customer facing report, I can’t say ‘fire’ as that’s a scary word, it has to be ‘thermal incident’, and I can’t say ‘explosion’ as that’s another really scary word, that has to be ‘rapid disassembly’ 
 :giggle:

Oh yeah, and as we aren’t totally sure who’s done what with those headers, should we also say it’s ‘likely’ that they have been ‘clearanced’ ?

WD :like:

Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I agree, those headers have been deliberately clearanced.
Off topic, but ‘Clearanced’ made me laugh. Can we not be honest and just say that someone’s smashed the crap out of them with a hammer ?

For a moment, I thought I was back in work. When I write a customer facing report, I can’t say ‘fire’ as that’s a scary word, it has to be ‘thermal incident’, and I can’t say ‘explosion’ as that’s another really scary word, that has to be ‘rapid disassembly’ 
 :giggle:

Oh yeah, and as we aren’t totally sure who’s done what with those headers, should we also say it’s ‘likely’ that they have been ‘clearanced’ ?

WD :like:
Wholeheartedly - whoever did the work didn't have a subtle bone in their body.

skinnyb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT Premium PP1, 10 Auto Grabber Blue
To the OP, as long as there isn't any holes, those header will be just fine. I almost had to pull mine and do that to them myself. Mine was rubbing the frame on the passenger side. I was able to loosen the motor mount bolts and shft the engine over just enough to take care of it...

Cheatham

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT, Iconic Silver, Perf.Pack. 6 spd
Mine stock with headers did make a drivable difference for the better, of course mine was with no cats and that may have had more effect,but I definitely felt a difference

TonyT930

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Convertible in Ruby Red
I'm looking to buy texas speed headers for my 15' mustang. I stumbled upon these used ones for a little bit less than half the price of new ones. So they cheap. The only thing holding me back from buying is the dents on the passenger header. The owner states that he had no idea that it was there until he removed them from his that was also a 15' mustang. Should I give them a shot since it's a good deal? I posted a image of the header with the dents

Screenshot_20240517_111756_Gallery.jpg
Well, that dent is where that pipe is going to crap first.
Sponsored