Dax
Vehicle(s)
Iconic Silver 2022 MACH 1 HP

Andy13186

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10speed Aluminator Whippled
Well stock cams are on national backorder with no ETA, so if I canā€™t track one down Iā€™ll be getting comp NSR stage 2 blower cams. Bummer, would rather save $2k and stay stock.

While Iā€™m in the motor Iā€™ll be replacing all followers, adjusters, cam cap bolts (TTY), cam phaser bolts (TTY), as well as primary and secondary chains.

For the lube lovers, Iā€™ll be going 5w50 motorcraft because Roush does with their kits.

Am I missing anything?
Replace those bolts with ARP non TTY bolts imo. But as long as you are replacing them after they have been torqued with new TTY bolts and doing it right, they should be fine.

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox
Well stock cams are on national backorder with no ETA, so if I canā€™t track one down Iā€™ll be getting comp NSR stage 2 blower cams. Bummer, would rather save $2k and stay stock.

While Iā€™m in the motor Iā€™ll be replacing all followers, adjusters, cam cap bolts (TTY), cam phaser bolts (TTY), as well as primary and secondary chains.

For the lube lovers, Iā€™ll be going 5w50 motorcraft because Roush does with their kits.

Am I missing anything?
Driver side secondary tensioner flip bracket.

Sponsored

OP
OP
LunarS550

LunarS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Garrett
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT P1X ProCharger
Hey guys, we're on page 5 now, and I'd like us to stay on topic about his engine issue, rather than oil brands and weights. Even though oil is related as well!
Lol
Replace those bolts with ARP non TTY bolts imo. But as long as you are replacing them after they have been torqued with new TTY bolts and doing it right, they should be fine.
I am, I ordered ARP šŸ‘
Driver side secondary tensioner flip bracket.
Got a part number by chance?

GregO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 GTPP
Hey guys, we're on page 5 now, and I'd like us to stay on topic about his engine issue, rather than oil brands and weights. Even though oil is related as well!
I thought we were past the rocker clip issue and the OP wanted intel on an oil change for less than $250.00 that wonā€™t shear to a 30 weight. šŸ˜³

OP
OP
LunarS550

LunarS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Garrett
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT P1X ProCharger
I thought we were past the rocker clip issue and the OP wanted intel on an oil change for less than $250.00 that wonā€™t shear to a 30 weight. šŸ˜³
Issue is still unknown. Rocker clip is still in place. Iā€™ll report back when after I track down a cam and tear it down.

Sponsored
OP
OP
LunarS550

LunarS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Garrett
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT P1X ProCharger
If Iā€™m stuck with getting aftermarket cams I was suggested Comp Stage 3 N/A cams, valve spring upgrade necessary for my application? P1X 10psi on E85 street car with maybe 2-3 strip outings each season.
There is no current U.S inventory but 4 pcs are on the way to packaging, I have seen this process take up to 3 weeks. I see no backorders in the system. Here is a link with pricing
https://parts.levittownfordparts.com/oem-parts/ford-camshaft-fr3z6250c

Please let me know if you have any other questions.
Thanks,
-Benny
What are the odds all 4pcs are spoken for already? Iā€™m fine with waiting 3 weeks to save $2k on aftermarket cams lol.