Sponsored

Who will swap for the new 7.3 V8!

Maggneto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Turbo Premium PP/Navi/ZF(6R80) Shaker Pro
Reading comprehension kids.

Where does he say it would be slower in the 1/4 mile?

Where does he say it's going to be less capable?

A reasonable person reads that and thinks...hey, the coyote is a better fit...BUT DOES NOT INFER ANYTHING ELSE. You know what, a 700hp NA high revving 500+cubic inch big block chevy would be a TERRIBLE fit in an s550. That doesn't mean it would be slower in the 1/4 mile though, does it?

You have not offered any evidence to the contrary...zip, zero, zilch.

Keep trying kid.

What in God's name are you talking about? Do you actually read the bullshit you write? Obviously not.

"Reading comprehension is the ability to process text, understand its meaning, and to integrate with what the reader already knows."

Unless you are Mill of course, then reading comprehension is what you don't read or understand. What is not being said is more important than what is being said, WTF? made up assumptions are just as important as statements from a subject matter expert with intimate details about the engines in question.

Sponsored

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
Fatguy, your mind works like a broken clock.

In order to swap a 7.3 in a Mustang you need a Mustang right? Or do things work differently in Canada where you are going to do an engine swap without the car?

So you need a Mustang from Ford (cha-ching)
The 7.3 from Ford (more cha-ching-ching)
The Ford Performance parts (cha-ching-ching-ching)

So Joe is purposely sabotaging the Ford 7.3 by encouraging the Ford 5.0 because Joe knows the 7.3 is actually the better engine despite Joe stating the opposite?

How much weed have you smoked this morning?

NQFloyT.gif
How are you inferring that Joe is sabotaging the 7.3L? Do you honestly think he's going to come out and say the 7.3L is better than the coyote? That would effectively end his career at Ford. Joe said what he said because it's the truth. He made no

It's a terrible fit for the mustang. It's going to not meet emission or fuel economy standards when used in anything except for HD applications. It's not ever going to go into a production mustang because of these issues.
What in God's name are you talking about? Do you actually read the bullshit you write? Obviously not.

"Reading comprehension is the ability to process text, understand its meaning, and to integrate with what the reader already knows."

Unless you are Mill of course, then reading comprehension is what you don't read or understand. What is not being said is more important than what is being said, WTF? made up assumptions are just as important as statements from a subject matter expert with intimate details about the engines in question.
Not more important, but equally. FINALLY, you are starting to understand what reading comprehension truly is. You need to decipher what the person is trying to tell you, nothing more, nothing less.

Joe isn't saying the 7.3L can't perform in a mustang.
Joe isn't saying the 7.3L would be slow in a mustang.
Joe IS saying the 7.3L is not a good fit in a mustang.

OP
OP
Fatguy

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
Hey guys lets keep things in perspective. This is a car. You could be driving down the road later today and someone smashes into the car wrecking it. It’s a thing.

So if I’m videotaping it and they breakout the sawzall and start cutting - I’m all in! With a closeup of my face showing the horror in my eyes and the grimace on my face with the sound of metal being cut. Nothing better!

I’d also say it has to be the 7.3. Once you get to non-Ford motors you make the whole idea complicated and start to lose the audience. Big block Ford engine in Ford car.

That’s how I’m looking at it. It’s all good. I also like the underdog vibe toward the engine. Everyone loves the underdog storyline...

bootlegger

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Ex 2008 Mustang GT Owner
The Windsor block is not the most robust block on the planet. You're starting off with 1/2 inch, 2 bolt mains with thin webbing. The caps will start walking at 650+hp, so you're looking at a 700hp limit...unless you drop some serious money on a billet 4 bolt main block (but there goes your budget). This new 7.3L offers a beefy 4 bolt big block with updated technology. The Windsor stopped advancing a long time ago...and is pretty much maxed out at 427. Don't get me wrong, I loved my 427 in my sn95...but would have easily swapped in a 7.3L instead given the choice. I wouldn't be surprised if the heads on this 7.3L flowed more than the trcik flow 205 heads I had on my 427.
He already said he doesn't want 700hp. He was more looking for high torque at lower speeds.

Maggneto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Turbo Premium PP/Navi/ZF(6R80) Shaker Pro
How are you inferring that Joe is sabotaging the 7.3L? Do you honestly think he's going to come out and say the 7.3L is better than the coyote? That would effectively end his career at Ford. Joe said what he said because it's the truth. He made no

It's a terrible fit for the mustang. It's going to not meet emission or fuel economy standards when used in anything except for HD applications. It's not ever going to go into a production mustang because of these issues.

Not more important, but equally. FINALLY, you are starting to understand what reading comprehension truly is. You need to decipher what the person is trying to tell you, nothing more, nothing less.

Joe isn't saying the 7.3L can't perform in a mustang.
Joe isn't saying the 7.3L would be slow in a mustang.
Joe IS saying the 7.3L is not a good fit in a mustang.
That's right folks, you heard it on M6G first.......I hope Mill is not a teacher because there are going to be some very confused kids running around.

According to Mill, Reading comprehension is what you are NOT reading. And what you are NOT reading is just as important as what you are reading. I guess the word "reading" is confusing and actually means decipher.

"Not more important, but equally. FINALLY, you are starting to understand what reading comprehension truly is. You need to decipher what the person is trying to tell you, nothing more, nothing less."

How can you argue with a person who makes shit up.

You can't process text that doesn't exist..
You can't understand its meaning if text doesn't exist..
The 7.3 doesn't exist so Mill has no knowledge of the engine specs so basically he knows next to nothing about the 7.3..

Your Indian name is Chief Talking Bull.

I do need to thank you for a great laugh this morning. I haven't laughed like that in weeks.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Big Boss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda6
As for peak horsepower, it's easy to calculate a range in which it would be. Chevy's 5.3L truck engine makes 67HP/L. Their 6.7L makes 67.7 HP/L. Dodge Rams 5.7L truck engine makes 69.3 HP/L. I think with a brand new, from scratch design with all of the tools at Fords disposal, their 7.3 is going to make at least 67HP/L which puts the hp right at 489HP. I wouldn't be surprised if it made more. If ford is able to squeeze 70HP/L out of the 7.3 you're looking at well over 500hp.

So you're saying that it's OK to take a 5.0 engine designed for truck duty and re-configure it for small car usage, but doing the same for a 7.3 just isn't possible and that extra 100lbs is just too much for the mustang to handle? Man this is too easy.
I am not going lie I will be shocked if it makes over 500 HP.

Once again, all those people that swap those 5.3L chevy truck engines into vehicles are idiots! They are truck engines. If only they were as smart as you!

N/A vs N/A, a 7.3L is going to destroy the 5.0 down the strip if used in the S550. FI vs FI, the 7.3L is going to destroty the 5.0 down the strip if used in the S550.
Don't forget you yourself a few pages ago stock to stock the coyote would still have the edge. Your words, not mine. You and Erik are the only ones who keep bringing a modified 7.3 into the discussion. The OP does not want to get more HP. He wants the engine as it is. As it will come in the F-250. Which you yourself have said numerous times, the coyote will be a better fit.

No one is saying the 7.3 doesn't have potential. What we are saying is the 7.3 AS IS is a terrible idea (mostly because of the financials) compared to the coyote.

Again, you are failing to understand that it's the area under the curve that matters, not where it's located in the RPM band. 450hp at 7000 rpm is all fine and dandy until you realize your HP curve has an extremely narrow power band.

Say it with me one time...AREA UNDER THE CURVE.

Let's stop right there. You have yet to provide any information as to why. I'd love to hear your reasoning. "But truck engine" and "But Iron block" aren't valid responses. Unless you have some type of argument here, your rhetoric is complete and utter B.S.

Again, put up or shut up. Why? What is the 7.3L lacking? It already has 4 bolt mains (+2 cross bolts), forged crank, 10.5:1 CR, coated pistons with cooling jets, high flow heads, high flow intake, hydraulic roller lifters, aluminum roller rockers, beehive springs etc, What else needs to rebuilt, do tell.

Quite frankly, the only thing this engine will need to FAR exceed the coyote is a different cam...which is an easy endeavor for any manufacturer. Unless you think that only an LS engine can benefit from a cam swap because it isn't just a truck engine.

Why don't you post again where he says the 7.3L is going to be less capable than the coyote, or that it's not going to be able to outperform the coyote. You sir have an issue with reading comprehension. The only thing he says is, the coyote is a better fit for the mustang. That's it. He never says the 7.3 wouldn't be faster. He never says the 7.3 wouldn't be more capable. He never says the 7.3L couldn't be more fun.

I'd love to hear how you think an engine with 450+hp in a <4000lb vehicle is going to be only "slightly faster" than a 450+hp engine in a 7500lb vehicle. Seriously, do tell. Again, "but truck engine" and "but iron block" aren't reasons. I'm still waiting for an explanation on why truck engine hp < car engine hp.

Fatguy will be laughing all the way to the bank when he has an engine combo far more capable than the coyote. He'll be able to make 600+hp N/A without a problem and won't have to worry about re-sleaving the block if he ever decides to move to higher power levels. The 7.3L engine is going to be able to make more power than the coyote could ever dream of...and it will be able to do it for cheaper and more reliably. The coyote needs more rpm to move more air, and let's not pretend that it's going to live at 8000+RPM for a long time.
For your truck engine argument. Put yourself in Fatguy's shoes. You have a V-6. You are going to swap a V-8 into it. Your choices are the Mustang 5.0 or the F-150 5.0. You are doing nothing but swapping the engine (because that is what the OP wants) No new cams, heads, tunes none of that. Are you going to choose the Mustang 5.0 or the F-150 5.0?

What he is saying (the head of gas engines) is: Go to your nearest Ford dealer and buy a Mustang GT. Spoken like a true manager...
Yeah, because in a Mustang the 5.0 is the right tool for the job compared to the 7.3

Reading comprehension kids.

Where does he say it would be slower in the 1/4 mile?

Where does he say it's going to be less capable?

A reasonable person reads that and thinks...hey, the coyote is a better fit...BUT DOES NOT INFER ANYTHING ELSE. You know what, a 700hp NA high revving 500+cubic inch big block chevy would be a TERRIBLE fit in an s550. That doesn't mean it would be slower in the 1/4 mile though, does it?

You have not offered any evidence to the contrary...zip, zero, zilch.

Keep trying kid.
But that is not the topic at hand. the topic at hand is how the OP wants the truck engine AS IS. He doesn't care about performance, he doesn't want a high reving big motor. His goal is not the same as someone like Erik. He wants the engine out of a F-250 AS IS. You yourself said the 5.0 will have a performance edge. That is the problem here. You keep trying to bring the argument that the 7.3 has potential. Any engine has potential with deep enough pockets. This conversation however is the 7.3 as it comes of the assembly line before going into a motorhome or F-250 getting put in a Mustang.

OP
OP
Fatguy

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
I'd be surprised if it makes much over 400HP

It should as the head of engines said “best in class”. They will sand bag some performance for the requisite bumps each year to spur sales.

The first swap is as is. I hate it when guys don’t do the dyno on the stock car before mods. They almost never do it! So the swap is stock. Then you race them for kicks and giggles. And then if there is interest you could keep going like Garret did at Cleetus McFarland. But the first step is totally stock and see how it performs.

That is what everyone wants to see...

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
He already said he doesn't want 700hp. He was more looking for high torque at lower speeds.

This goes beyond what he wants.

That's right folks, you heard it on M6G first.......

Reading comprehension is what you are NOT reading. And what you are NOT reading is just as important as what you are reading.

"Not more important, but equally. FINALLY, you are starting to understand what reading comprehension truly is. You need to decipher what the person is trying to tell you, nothing more, nothing less."

How can you argue with a person who makes shit up. View attachment 364171

It’s funny you mention this. It’s actually you that are “making shit up”. You are putting words in where Joe has intentionally left them blank.

What Joe doesn’t say: The 7.3L would be slow in a mustang.

What Joe does say: The 7.3L isn’t a good fit in a mustang.

You may want to touch up on your reading. A google search for intentional or purposeful omission will do wonders for you.

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
A brand newly designed 7.3L ford engine that under performs Chevy's 6.6l would be a failure of epic proportions. Unless the engine has a fuel cutoff at 5000rpm, this 7.3L is going to put out north of 440hp.

Sponsored

SheepDog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dax
Vehicle(s)
Iconic Silver 2022 MACH 1 HP
OP
OP
Fatguy

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
A brand newly designed 7.3L ford engine that under performs Chevy's 6.6l would be a failure of epic proportions. Unless the engine has a fuel cutoff at 5000rpm, this 7.3L is going to put out north of 440hp.
Hope so it needs it

Big Boss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda6
Likewise. I am think in the range of 420-440 honestly.

It should as the head of engines said “best in class”. They will sand bag some performance for the requisite bumps each year to spur sales.

That is one thing I agree with you. Truck engines typically get bumped each year. I remember for a while it seemed every year or every other year each diesel got more power and more torque.

Unless I am mistaken and this post from GMA is wrong, the 6.6 only makes 401HP and 464 FT/LBs. The Ram gas engine is 410HP.

http://gmauthority.com/blog/2019/02/6-6l-v8-l8t-gm-engine-specs-released/

The 7.3 could be best in class with as little as 411HP and 470 FT/LBs

The audience needs something they can relate to. An engine in the Super Duty is something they can see down the road at the dealership as well as a Mustang. You have to keep it simple.
No just no. No one is going to associate amazing performance in a Mustang with an engine found in a motor home