Sponsored

Thoughts on Ford fixing Coyote engine tick for 2019?

jenksdrummer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
Missed something earlier;

OP had those pics texted to him *shortly* after dropping it off.

So, a dealership didn't have any queued up work, managed to perform an initial diagnose the issue that seems to randomly happen and not happen, then put it on a lift, drain the oil, remove the pan, and pull 1 rod cap and make a determination/diagnosis....later pics show a completely torn down engine (at that point) where Ford already is saying buyback rather than replace....

You sir, found a shop that just ripped off Ford HARD for labor time...

And, their mechanics suck.

Are you certain they opened up *your* car? they didn't source those pics elsewhere?
Sponsored

Semnole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Vehicle Showcase
The first set were texted to me. The second round was taken by me when I was clearing things out of my car. That was when mechanic told me about the issue. Ford had already approved the RAV so I did not go into detail with the mechanic.
BAC3944A-D535-4812-BE7C-705994772AC9.jpeg
BE0574BE-A34A-4042-9177-5275974C5D5B.jpeg

Semnole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Vehicle Showcase
Also of note, there was another 17 Mustang in the shop that arrived before me that had the same issue. That owner is going through RAV also.

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
My insight comes from a lifetime of working for General Motors, as well as now operating my own shop. And you are so wrong on that it isn't even funny. You DO know that the black box in the car will tell the shop what RPM you were at, throttle position, etc. and will absolutely, 100%, allow them to void your warranty based on your own stupidity, yes? Abuse IS NOT covered under warranty. And letting a known noise go that leads to something catastrophic WILL be blamed on abuse by the dealer.

Then you get to play the fun game of "No, it's YOUR fault" with them. It's not fun.

I'm sorry for your experience and also sorry that you are taking the abuse you are on your thread. It's ridiculous. Definitely a lot of blind brand loyalist on here who refuse to admit there's any issue at all with these cars.:asshat:
You have to be a troll. Keep pushing the 100% failure rate.

Sponsored

TomcatDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Magnetic w/black stripes
Without unnecessary name calling I think there is a legitimate point here. The stated diagnosis and the pictures do not add up to the normal symptoms of a broken or cracked rod. Those move fast and have a lot of force on them, and when a rod breaks a lot of really bad stuff happens pretty fast. I suppose it's possible that the cap cracked a little but didn't liberate itself and was somehow managing to stay together, but that just seems unlikely. It's possible that "something" bad happened to the engine and the mechanic just "dumbed it down" and told you something that was fundamentally wrong or at least misleading, but he figured was close enough. The noise video didn't seem particularly unusual (I have an F-150 that "ticks" way more than that, with 138,000 miles). Cell phone's don't always do noises like that justice so if the OP says it was much more noticeable than that I would believe him. To me it sounds like pretty normal valve train/injector noise.

In any case I think we would be very interested in a more technically complete diagnosis and maybe a picture of an clearly broken part.

The_Phantom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS

Jetnoise

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium PP1, 70 Shaker Mach 1 stroker, 1967 F/B 357W, 1968 302 Vert, 4I 85 5.0 B&M Blower
Who performed the last maintenance ?

Dub347sbf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F150 4x4 Lariat 3.5 Ecoboost
Just curious as a ex cobra owner, and no i didnt back read, but is it anything like the 4.6 dohc valve tick?

SlaughterOfTheSoul

Actual Engineer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang gt pp1
Put me down on the list of known failures.

Back to the topic, I doubt they fixed it. They're more interested in testing out their ability to avoid fixing it for as long as possible than addressing or investigating issues.

Sponsored

The_Phantom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
Put me down on the list of known failures.

Back to the topic, I doubt they fixed it. They're more interested in testing out their ability to avoid fixing it for as long as possible than addressing or investigating issues.
Sorry to hear about your troubles. I hope you get them rectified in whatever way is acceptable to you.

SlaughterOfTheSoul

Actual Engineer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang gt pp1
Sorry to hear about your troubles. I hope you get them rectified in whatever way is acceptable to you.
Me too. Probably going to get the car fixed then sell it, then build an s550 project from a junked car. I don't see the advantage in buying new when it doesn't guarantee reliability or manufacturer integrity.

Bybcous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 daytona 392
If I ask an impossible question. Then maybe all the whining and crying about engine failures is just that. We can all sit here and say a new engine should NEVER fail. But that is just naive! without knowing if the Coyote is failing at a greater rate than other manufactures. How do you really know there is an issue???? I've found that unhappy people make the most noise. But the vast majority who don't have an issue with their cars. are far less likely to make terrifying post. That seam to rile people up. These cars come with full factory warranties. Take advantage of it if your one of the few that has any type of problem with your car.
Like me, i dont post much but i keep a eye on this forum every few weeks because im eventually going t mod my car. Im at 5 months and 5500 miles, most of all miles are coming from traveling back and forth from VA to Florida, but i have had 0 problems with my car.
Sponsored