OP

DeepImpact15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2015 Deep Impact Blue Ecoboost
I see where you are coming from, but it's not like I posted this in the general area. Usually posting that the Ecoboost is good in the Ecoboost forum is a pretty safe statement... But I digress, I bought my car because I enjoyed driving it. Did I like the GTs? Absolutely! Have I owned them in the past? You bet! I mearly wanted to share with my colleagues my impression based on a back to back test drive. There is no need to defend your V8 here. We get it, we are car guys, most of us are the car nerds who wanted a Mustang with an unusual engine. However, let's move towards a positive discussion.
Sponsored

Dragen

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EBPP
Come on now, OP. You know when dealing with that crew, anything less than praise for their precious v8 is met with.....

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Imposing some kind of light, slap-on-the-wrist type of temporary ban on users that have a habit of blatantly stirring the pot over redundant subjects like this would do the forum a lot of good moving forward.

I don't believe that I'm the only one here who sees that these V6/EB and EB/GT piss fights are going to be the forum's neverending herpes outbreak.

A well-moderate infraction system would go a long way in weeding out the negative vibes.

drabon74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium 401a
Lol funny thread

Ruby305GT

Work hard, play harder.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 premium GT
I see where you are coming from, but it's not like I posted this in the general area. Usually posting that the Ecoboost is good in the Ecoboost forum is a pretty safe statement... But I digress, I bought my car because I enjoyed driving it. Did I like the GTs? Absolutely! Have I owned them in the past? You bet! I nearly wanted to share with my colleagues my impression based on a back to back test drive. There is no need to defend your V8 here. We get it, we are car guys, most of us are the car nerds who wanted a Mustang with an unusual engine. However, let's move towards a positive discussion.

There you go! That's all i asked for. Trust me, I'm not defending V8's, or the V6's. I am just defending the idea of unbiased enthusiasm. It's like sportsmanship like conduct, no matter how much you dislike your opponent, never show it :).

Honestly, I test drove an EB, let me tell you, it surprised the heck out of me. From torque and seat dyno, it's a hell of a car. It's a win/win whichever engine you go with, making it fast or faster is a preference and up to the owner. It's such a sexy car, just appreciate it and take care of it. A common likeness we can all get behind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sponsored

OP
OP

DeepImpact15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
I had no intention of this being redundant nor did I want to stir the pot and start a pissing contest. I just wanted to share an experience and see if others thought the same thing.

OP
OP

DeepImpact15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
There you go! That's all i asked for. Trust me, I'm not defending V8's, or the V6's. I am just defending the idea of unbiased enthusiasm. It's like sportsmanship like conduct, no matter how much you dislike your opponent, never show it :).

Honestly, I test drove an EB, let me tell you, it surprised the heck out of me. From torque and seat dyno, it's a hell of a car. It's a win/win whichever engine you go with, making it fast or faster is a preference and up to the owner. It's such a sexy car, just appreciate it and take care of it. A common likeness we can all get behind.

:cheers: Now that I can get behind! I will say I've never driven a GT with a 3.73 rear end. It makes SUCH a difference.

Ruby305GT

Work hard, play harder.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 premium GT
:cheers: Now that I can get behind! I will say I've never driven a GT with a 3.73 rear end. It makes SUCH a difference.

1st and 2nd gear in traffic are ridiculous, it's like that crazy gear on a road bike. The one where you are spinning your legs away but going like 5 mph, yea THAT one. It's fun to drive though, but you have to really LIKE manuals.

Well, enjoy the EB man, hell of a car no matter which way you put it.

OP
OP

DeepImpact15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
Truth also I forgot how soft the cutch is with the assist spring still in It is so weird to have that power with such a soft pedal. It made for some less than stellar starts which werent helped by the gearing.

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
1st and 2nd gear in traffic are ridiculous, it's like that crazy gear on a road bike. The one where you are spinning your legs away but going like 5 mph, yea THAT one. It's fun to drive though, but you have to really LIKE manuals.

Well, enjoy the EB man, hell of a car no matter which way you put it.

I thoroughly enjoyed watching all of this simmer down.

Sponsored
OP
OP

DeepImpact15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
I thoroughly enjoyed watching all of this simmer down.
It also looks like the thread died once everyone became peaceful. Maybe we just need a separate subsection that is just one big epic flame war so we can get it out of our systems.

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
It also looks like the thread died once everyone became peaceful. Maybe we just need a separate subsection that is just one big epic flame war so we can get it out of our systems.
A roast... we've gotta roast these things like once a month... users, models, transmission, etc.

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
Imposing some kind of light, slap-on-the-wrist type of temporary ban on users that have a habit of blatantly stirring the pot over redundant subjects like this would do the forum a lot of good moving forward.

I don't believe that I'm the only one here who sees that these V6/EB and EB/GT piss fights are going to be the forum's neverending herpes outbreak.

A well-moderate infraction system would go a long way in weeding out the negative vibes.
This, a handful of people with the GT will rag on the V6 and Eco, Eco on the v6 and GT, etc.... Why can't we all just get along! We all have mustangs so who cares what's under the hood.

On a side note, enjoy your ecobeast, they are awesome! Can't wait to see some of these crazy builds that will be done soon.

OP
OP

DeepImpact15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
M6G Roast of the month

04SloSnake

Boost Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R34 Skyline
SVTP has Smackdown and there is also just Yellowbullet (the whole forum is like that), but this forum doesn't even allow kill stories so I don't see a section like that here. YB gets pretty hilarious though.
Sponsored