So I drove some GTs today...

04SloSnake

Boost Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R34 Skyline
Ooh my bad...Lol:doh:
He was just getting that out of the way before everyone jumps in and says the same thing, except being serious. Some people just can't understand the appeal of the EB.
Sponsored

cyril185

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Not a real mustang if no v8. Even if the v8 was 10hp and the eco had 1 million horsepower it's still better. V8 sound/ear rice is all that matters, screw effeciency. Turbo wears the motor out faster and is for women only. I don't care about steering feedback or balance im only going strait. The only reason someone wouldn't buy the v8 is because they can't afford it.

Sound close? :cheers:
here we go :)
:D

dabears2322

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2005 Infiniti G35 coupe
I'm a GT guy. Don't have one but if I had the money right now I'd get a GT for a few reasons. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and reasons, but guys on both far ends of the spectrum come off as either trying to justify their decision or saying that the other is just bad and useless. Both cars are great. No need for those types of arguments. I think most of us on the forum agree that theyre all great. Can't forget the v6!

Ruby305GT

Work hard, play harder.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 premium GT
What about that V6 man! Them V6's be beast yo!... Seriously though. Any car can be faster than X car given you for the cash to back it up. Out the gate, EB is slower than GT, I'm not talking only 0-60, I'm talking 1/4 mile etc. Heck, there are 4 cylinder civics doing laps around GT's, who cares man? You want the growl of a v8? Buy one! You want the woosh of a blowoff valve, buy and Ecoboost! You want a bargain 300 horse and a great looking car? Buy a v6!

Stop making these threads that just start controversy and bickering about what's best. Some people like blue others like red. Get over it and enjoy your cars. See yall on the road, my god...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dabears2322

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2005 Infiniti G35 coupe
What about that V6 man! Them V6's be beast yo!... Seriously though. Any car can be faster than X car given you for the cash to back it up. Out the gate, EB is slower than GT, I'm not talking only 0-60, I'm talking 1/4 mile etc. Heck, there are 4 cylinder civics doing laps around GT's, who cares man? You want the growl of a v8? Buy one! You want the woosh of a blowoff valve, buy and Ecoboost! You want a bargain 300 horse and a great looking car? Buy a v6!

Stop making these threads that just start controversy and bickering about what's best. Some people like blue others like red. Get over it and enjoy your cars. See yall on the road, my god...

[emoji2] amen

Sponsored

04SloSnake

Boost Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R34 Skyline
I'm a GT guy. Don't have one but if I had the money right now I'd get a GT for a few reasons. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and reasons, but guys on both far ends of the spectrum come off as either trying to justify their decision or saying that the other is just bad and useless. Both cars are great. No need for those types of arguments. I think most of us on the forum agree that theyre all great. Can't forget the v6!
The original post wasn't a justification or an argument. Nowhere did he say the car was better than a GT. I'm getting tired of people reading too much into these posts because he gave his opinion in the ECOBOOST SECTION.

dabears2322

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2005 Infiniti G35 coupe
The original post wasn't a justification or an argument. Nowhere did he say the car was better than a GT. I'm getting tired of people reading too much into these posts because he gave his opinion in the ECOBOOST SECTION.
Not just talking about this thread but the countless others. Maybe I'm wrong but I think the majority of people would agree with me that comparing the EB and GT has gotten very old and pointless, but I'm done haha.

DAAAA BEARS!

boosted_orange

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP
I agree they both are great cars :headbang:

Ruby305GT

Work hard, play harder.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 premium GT
"I think that the Ecoboost has the best mix of power and drivability. I was actually happy to get back in my car and leave the V-8 beasts behind. Soon I'll have my tune and bolt on bits and be well into GT territory with less weight and better economy. I for one embrace our turbochargerd overlords :ford:"

04SloSnake, I quoted he thought the Ecoboost has the best mix of power and drivability, was happier to get back in his eco and leave the v8's behind, soon with with a tune he would be in GT territory with less weight and better economy. Oh and that he embrace the turbocharged overlords... Clearly he's not saying, within his opinion, that one is better or preferable in his eyes to the other.

Oh oh, and apologies for posting in the Ecoboost section, God forbid the Ecoboost guys come into the GT section. What are we in? High school? Apologies for posting in the sacred public forum Ecoboost section where all site members are allowed to you know, post and things.

Sponsored
OP
OP

DeepImpact15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2015 Deep Impact Blue Ecoboost

I leave my thread alone for an hour and this is what I get. Anyway, this was not intended as a "bro my Eco will dom on ur V6, GT, cause turbo bro" post. I mearly wanted to give a little insight for the folks that might look past the Eco because of the stigma. I stated that I like the Ecoboost as the best overall car of the bunch when considering all aspects not just outright performance. Oh and I'm closing in on 5000 miles I drive my car plenty. :first:

Ruby305GT

Work hard, play harder.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 premium GT
I leave my thread alone for an hour and this is what I get. Anyway, this was not intended as a "bro my Eco will dom on ur V6, GT, cause turbo bro" post. I nearly wanted to give a little insight for the folks that might look past the Eco because of the stigma. I stated that I like the Ecoboost as the best overall car of the bunch when considering all aspects not just outright performance. Oh and I'm closing in on 5000 miles I drive my car plenty. :first:

Well in the process and form it was conveyed, it clearly set off the very thing you attempted to avoid. Keep driving good sir, enjoy.

You want to avoid it and accomplish what you mentioned above? Simply state:
"I test drove an Ecoboost along with other GT's. I fell in love with the Ecoboost though, it's a bargain given its features. I'm not sure where the negative stigma people have of this car is coming from, try it before you knock it folks."

How a few words can change perception...

04SloSnake

Boost Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R34 Skyline
04SloSnake, I quoted he thought the Ecoboost has the best mix of power and drivability, was happier to get back in his eco and leave the v8's behind, soon with with a tune he would be in GT territory with less weight and better economy. Oh and that he embrace the turbocharged overlords... Clearly he's not saying, within his opinion, that one is better or preferable in his eyes to the other.

Oh oh, and apologies for posting in the Ecoboost section, God forbid the Ecoboost guys come into the GT section. What are we in? High school? Apologies for posting in the sacred public forum Ecoboost section where all site members are allowed to you know, post and things.

He didn't say they were better, but preferable, yes. There is nothing wrong with a preference.

Post in the section all you want, but don't be surprised (as you seem to be) the the EB is the topic of discussion. You seem to have a hard time with the Internet...

OP
OP

DeepImpact15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2015 Deep Impact Blue Ecoboost
I can still tell a difference between my Ecoboost and my old GT and I do miss it somewhat. But I'm still happy with my choice. More money in my pocket now will make it easier to get my gt350 later. :)
I'm in the same boat, I just hope they don't pull a Boss 302 and kill production in two years.

Ruby305GT

Work hard, play harder.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 premium GT
He didn't say they were better, but preferable, yes. There is nothing wrong with a preference.

Post in the section all you want, but don't be surprised (as you seem to be) the the EB is the topic of discussion. You seem to have a hard time with the Internet...

Surprised the EB is topic of discussion while posting in its section? You don't say? I'd bet a good amount I know more about the "internet" as you believe me to know. I've worked in IT for over 10 years, Im a cloud and virtualization engineer, hard to tell my "internet" handicap from a forum post.

Sponsored