RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I had no intention of this being redundant nor did I want to stir the pot and start a pissing contest. I just wanted to share an experience and see if others thought the same thing.
I should've clarified that that post wasn't aimed at anyone specific. Your post was good; it's the subsequent shit show that tends to follow. You can just smell it coming lol.

M6G Roast of the month
SVTP has Smackdown and there is also just Yellowbullet (the whole forum is like that), but this forum doesn't even allow kill stories so I don't see a section like that here. YB gets pretty hilarious though.
I'm about it #S550RotM or #M6GRotM I nominate @ThePill for user roast lol
Sponsored

DJinAC

More cars than brains
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DJ
Vehicle(s)
2017 Super Black Nissan Altima SL
I can still tell a difference between my Ecoboost and my old GT and I do miss it somewhat. But I'm still happy with my choice. More money in my pocket now will make it easier to get my gt350 later. :)
My sediments exactly.. I bought the 6spd manual to see if my replacement knee could handle shifting again. Can't wait for the GT-350.

Max57

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Cherokee Limited, 1957 Chevy BelAir
When I had gone to see and test drive the Mustangs, I also drove the GT and Eco. Both are great rides! :first:

But getting to the underlying humor that's present in some of the responses in this thread, there were also a couple of other guys at the dealership who were making obvious joking remarks why the GT was better, or the Eco was better. The Eco guy had all of us laughing. Some of his comments, as I remember them are below;

"I'll have my ECO blow the doors off any GT! I'll have FOUR turbos installed, one for each cylinder! And as for Tunes? I'll buy every tune out there and STACK them!!!! As for the exhaust? I don't need any stinking exhaust! It'll be one straight pipe for me with four tips at the back! And,,, and,, and,,, CAI???? There'll be TWO of them where the headlights use to be!!!! And,,, and,,,,,...."

He had the entire show room laughing!!! :D

oilfieldtrash

likes mustangs
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Civic (still love mustangs though)
I think everyone v6, eco, gt all think we made the right decision otherwise we wouldn't have backed that decision with several thousands of dollars. I honestly think an argument could be made for any of them. The v6 being the best bang for the buck. The ecoboost getting the best mpg while having v8 like torque while being a little less money than the 8. The v8 being the strongest and best sounding motor and having the most potential for even more power.

Sponsored

Ruby305GT

Work hard, play harder.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 premium GT
I thoroughly enjoyed watching all of this simmer down.

Everyone said their piece and OP clarified what he truly wanted to communicate. Future posts did not reflect the same idea, rather a friendlier tone to it all. Communication is all, specially when a person is not in front of you and a conversation flow cannot take place. Perception, when you are behind a keyboard, is all in what you type in, not the person you truly are. At times, people come across very different from their actual opinion. In the end, we are not journalist, just regular folks typing in thoughts into a forum. There is a high probability for misinterpretations. In short, I'm glad we all figured it out.

Regarding your earlier posts about a scolding system to weed out the trouble makers, it would make sense on some other responses I've seen throughout the forum. Heck, maybe some here in this thread, but doubtful I would agree applied to any of my responses. I never insulated or disrespected anyone, simply stated an opinion and never as an attack but a persuaded message towards a general idea. I need not to defend myself, and you never accused me specifically of this, but it's nice to clear the air.

This thread is about a GT test drive and OPs impression upon it. I test drove an EB and GT, I wasn't particularly interested in the v6, I think that's the bad "stigma" engine in my book. The die hard fanboys will say any other engine rather than a v8 is no true mustang. If we all thought his way, the human race will still live in the dark ages. I love the new car, regardless of engine choice, it's a beautiful design and years ahead of the previous model. I am also glad Ford embraced the EB in sports cars, specially their iconic mustang, almost feels like jumping on the Benz and Beemer bandwagon of the future is turbo, and I truly believe it is. Hybrid electric and turbo small blocks, maybe 2cyl with giant twin scrolls to help when you run out of battery. It's an exciting time to be alive and an enthusiast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

smdandb2

ManBearPig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Toyota Corolla SE
I bought a GT, after waiting, and hearing my friends Ecoboost with MRT exhaust, I actually checked dealer inventory to see if they had an Ecoboost Premium PP in stock and I'd go pick it up tomorrow, but no.

Ecoboost is great, GT is great too. The "purists" are annoying idiots.
Wait... wut? LOL!!!!!!

If the exhaust could sway you, I need to let you drive it!

04SloSnake

Boost Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R34 Skyline
Wait... wut? LOL!!!!!!

If the exhaust could sway you, I need to let you drive it!
What I find funny, is looking at the dyno graphs of a tuned EB and a stock (or probably tuned) GT, I don't see how anyone could hate on the drivability of the EB. Most daily drivers live between 2-4.5k rpm, where the EB is an absolute beast. I can only imagine it is an absolute blast to drive.

***Disclaimer*** I am strictly referring to the SOTP feel and the low end torque of the EB motor. I am not stating it is better than the 5.Bro, please don't interpret it as that.

detailz03

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
77 Corvette Black W/Flames
Not a real mustang if no v8. Even if the v8 was 10hp and the eco had 1 million horsepower it's still better. V8 sound/ear rice is all that matters, screw effeciency. Turbo wears the motor out faster and is for women only. I don't care about steering feedback or balance im only going strait. The only reason someone wouldn't buy the v8 is because they can't afford it.

Sound close? :cheers:
You left out the manual vs automatic.

mbreinin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Premium.
I'm in the same boat, I just hope they don't pull a Boss 302 and kill production in two years.
The Boss was produced for two years due to the historical precedent of the car. They should have done a Boss 351 in 2014, with an N/A 5.8 from the GT500 to finish it off.

If they called the EcoBoost the SVO, they could kill it after 3 years. LOL.

Mike

Sponsored

7jay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Eco PP Auto, 2001 GT
Maybe I'm slow.
Takes about 6 weeks to learn where you want the throttle to rpm to boost to A/F ratio to gear selection in order to max the performance, to be in control, and at the same time on the edge of losing it.
Test drives are nice, but to get the most out of the car, you have to learn its responses to different conditions. The EB delivers more variety, therefore requires more finesse = time before you know how far to push it, at least for daily driving situations.
Real solution is to just buy one of each. Why else do they make 2 car garages?

Chaos_Being

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang Premium, 2006 Scion tC
You left out the manual vs automatic.
Haha this...I've gotten a lot more (joking) grief from my friends and co-workers about choosing an automatic over a manual. No one has given me hell over my choice of engine...most think the idea is neat, and those who thought it a little weird (a 4 cylinder mustang, whut) were won over when I told them the numbers it makes :thumbsup:

The way I see it is...I like muscle (ok, pony) cars, and I like turbos...I get to have both at once :cheers:

7jay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Eco PP Auto, 2001 GT
Haha this...I've gotten a lot more (joking) grief from my friends and co-workers about choosing an automatic over a manual.]
I can't shift a manual as many times as the computer does when moving through rapidly changing conditions. Can you manual guys keep the boost above 20 psi (when you need it) on a road course? The stock Sport+ does a decent job, although getting above 6000 happens too much for my taste.

Jamo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Cobra Coupe
... I'll have my tune ...:ford:

Not a real mustang if no v8.

1. What are people referring to when they reference a "tune.".

2. The 1964 Mustang was a 6, wasn't it? Wasn't that a real Mustnag?

3. How do you quote more than one post?

OP
OP

DeepImpact15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2015 Deep Impact Blue Ecoboost
1. What are people referring to when they reference a "tune.".

2. The 1964 Mustang was a 6, wasn't it? Wasn't that a real Mustnag?

3. How do you quote more than one post?
1. A tune is a reflash of the cars ECU modifying multiple parameters to optimize engine out put. They are very effective in factory turbo cars which are set up to be extremely safe.

2. Yep exactly the 289 came out the next year.

3. Hell if I know
Sponsored