Question for Ceratec Users

monte87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rapid RED Metallic GT
Just got my oil changed and that tick is making me tick, so I'm thinking of throwing in a bottle of Ceratec. Do you guys use the full 10 quarts of oil and just dump the Ceratec in, or do you use less oil? Any risk of overfilling?

Side note: Been toying with the idea of 5w30 on the next oil change. I live in Georgia, so temps are blazing in the summer and winters are a crap shoot (several days of 40s to low 50s, then milder days. Hover around and below freezing in the mornings). Would 5w30 be ok to use year-round in our climate?
I put 10 quarts of 5W50- (due to blower) full syn motor oil and 2 bottles of CERATEC. 1 bottle of ceratec per 5 quarts of oil = 2 bottles ceratec. Tick gone!
Anthony

Last edited:

Dapepper9

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150
LM says treat rate is 1 300ml can for 5L of oil. 10qts is about 8.5-9L, dump it in and go. There's also some benefit to being slightly over as it is. I run Schaeffers MolyEP myself with 5w30 and full fill.

Also there's no reason to run say a 5w20 in the winter and 5w30 in the summer. Unless your cooling system is wack and you see a 50degree swing in normal operating temp by season there's no reason. I run the 5w30 year round in iowa

SheepDog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dax
Vehicle(s)
Iconic Silver 2022 MACH 1 HP
10 qts. Amsoil SS 0-40 and 1 bottle of Ceratec. Tick gone

monte87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
The only thing i dislike about the ceratec is it discolors the oil to a milky color. (MILKSHAKE) I wish it did not have that effect. If you didn't know any better you would think you had a blown head gasket via the oil.
Anthony

Sponsored

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
This year I only added half a bottle of Ceratec. Now I wait and see if the tick shows up. I'll add another half bottle if necessary. Used a whole bottle last year and the tick went away almost instantly.

Decanes

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium Magnetic Metallic PP1 Magneride 401A manual Roush stage 2
I run my car hard and this is what Ford specs for the Boss ect.. South Ga has high ambient temps and I like high temp protection.
I run 5w50 in mine all the time but has a supercharger on it

daSNAK3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jake
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT
Vehicle Showcase
The only thing i dislike about the ceratec is it discolors the oil to a milky color. (MILKSHAKE) I wish it did not have that effect. If you didn't know any better you would think you had a blown head gasket via the oil.
Anthony
Lol.. I changed my oil yesterday, the first time since adding the ceratec and forgot I put it in there, my heart skipped a beat as I watched it drain... until I remembered that I added it last oil change.

sabtaj1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 Mustang GT, 1965 Fairlane 500 wagon
I do 10 quarts rotella 15w40 syn and one bottle of ceratec. No issues ever

xGarage5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carlos
Vehicle(s)
16’ Mustang GT 5.0/V8
What’s going on guys,

just wanted to share my very recent personal experience. Bought a Gen 3 a few months back and immediately after the first oil change I started hearing the infamous tick. The oil I ran was Castrol Edge Full Synthetic 5W30, 9.5qts, and throw in a whole bottle of ceratec. I turned the car on let it get up to temp. And the ticking has been gone ever since.

Wanted to share just because there is a lot of different opinions/experiences out there with the Ceratec product… in my book it’s definitely earned it’s place on my shelf.

Sponsored

monte87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
Lol.. I changed my oil yesterday, the first time since adding the ceratec and forgot I put it in there, my heart skipped a beat as I watched it drain... until I remembered that I added it last oil change.
MILKSHAKE! lol

GregO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 GTPP
I live in Georgia, so temps are blazing in the summer and winters are a crap shoot (several days of 40s to low 50s, then milder days. Hover around and below freezing in the mornings). Would 5w30 be ok to use year-round in our climate?
Go straight to
Mobil 1 Delvac ESP 5W-40
Or
Castrol Euro 0W-40 or 5W-40
The 0W has a higher percentage of PAO base stock vs. 5W
Skip the hard to find oils.
Ceratec has a lot of moly in the formula so over time it might poison the catalytic converters.

ZXMustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Yada yada I got the tick on my new 22GT. Added the magic juice, and it went away. For about 1k miles. Now its back. Im due for another oil change so I will start fresh with new oil and another bottle added in after the fact, but the tick is back. Not as bad though.

It only comes around after i've been out beating on the car real hard. Like logging WOT runs and whatnot. Not from normal driving. But it has returned in limited capacity.

OP
OP
The Insomnimaniac

The Insomnimaniac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT w/ Black Accent Pkg
What’s going on guys,

just wanted to share my very recent personal experience. Bought a Gen 3 a few months back and immediately after the first oil change I started hearing the infamous tick. The oil I ran was Castrol Edge Full Synthetic 5W30, 9.5qts, and throw in a whole bottle of ceratec. I turned the car on let it get up to temp. And the ticking has been gone ever since.

Wanted to share just because there is a lot of different opinions/experiences out there with the Ceratec product… in my book it’s definitely earned it’s place on my shelf.
I'll be trying the 5w30 and Ceratec combo at the next oil change for sure!
Sponsored