Cory S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
I don't know about yours but mine does its a Roush stage 2
Mine didn’t when it was a Roush setup either. Oil/engine temps don’t just magically increase when a supercharger is just sitting on top. Driving intensity/climate change those temps.

Mike Pfeifer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red Mustang GT A10
Mine didn’t when it was a Roush setup either. Oil/engine temps don’t just magically increase when a supercharger is just sitting on top. Driving intensity/climate change those temps.
I think you found the missing link… adding a supercharger likely causes you to beat on the car more, raising the temps.

FlatRock

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 N0404
Getting ready for my first oil change in the Mach !. Where are you guys purchasing the Ceratec? And is there a particular formulation that you recommend or is Ceratec just come in one flavor?

Sponsored

Cory S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
I think you found the missing link… adding a supercharger likely causes you to beat on the car more, raising the temps.
Very possible in most cases :). Im
Pretty laid back myself except for when I do some testing here and there.

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 BMW M2 G87 6MT Toronto Red
Thanks for reply! I have always put in 2 bottles after oil changes regardless, ever since that tick started 2500 miles right before i added blower. Car has 13k miles on it now. I changed oil every 5k miles or sooner based upon driving style and that smart oil thingee.. so it depends.
Anthony
P.S. After dumping 2 bottles in tick is completely gone.

2 bottles...yikes, I think you over did it. I could be wrong. Ford generally frowns upon oil additives. Adding 2 bottles definitely changed the way the oil looks. I only use 100ml or 1/3 of the bottle.

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 BMW M2 G87 6MT Toronto Red
Getting ready for my first oil change in the Mach !. Where are you guys purchasing the Ceratec? And is there a particular formulation that you recommend or is Ceratec just come in one flavor?
81514UycwQL._AC_SY879_.jpg

ZXMustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
2 bottles...yikes, I think you over did it. I could be wrong. Ford generally frowns upon oil additives. Adding 2 bottles definitely changed the way the oil looks. I only use 100ml or 1/3 of the bottle.
I only did one and my tick came back at 1k miles after the add. I might try two. That’s only .6 of a quart. Not really overfilling so I would t worry about that. But in fairness my car was being worked over hard. Three drag days and probably 30 street passes for testing and data logs.

Sponsored

Frank302

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang GT PP1
I use Ceratec every oil change. 2 Bottles of Ceratec to meet the solution % recommended by Ceratec. I use in conjunction with Pennzoil Ultra Platinum 5w30 and Wix oil filters. My coyote developed the "tick" after about 10,000 miles (pre Ceratec use). After I started this mixture the tick was gone. I also get my oil analysis done by Blackstone every oil change and so far everything is looking great!

skinnyb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT Premium PP1, 10 Auto Grabber Blue
I use Ceratec every oil change. 2 Bottles of Ceratec to meet the solution % recommended by Ceratec. I use in conjunction with Pennzoil Ultra Platinum 5w30 and Wix oil filters. My coyote developed the "tick" after about 10,000 miles (pre Ceratec use). After I started this mixture the tick was gone. I also get my oil analysis done by Blackstone every oil change and so far everything is looking great!
I did the same in my F150 Gen 3 coyote. I only added 1 bottle on my first oil change on the Mustang and so far so good. I am prepared to use 2 bottles it necessary.

wadewolf76

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Damon
Vehicle(s)
67 Mustang coupe, 21 Twister Orange GT premium
Maybe I'm getting to old to hear it but I have never had a tick after an oil change.

Frank302

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang GT PP1
Maybe I'm getting to old to hear it but I have never had a tick after an oil change.
It is hard to hear, especially in a rural area as there is nothing for the high frequency sounds to bounce off of and all your hearing is the low tones.

If you've ever realized your brakes were slightly scratchy when coming to a stop near a concrete median, this is what I mean.
Run the car in the garage exhaust side facing outside the open garage door and give it some slow climbing throttle from 1-5K and you'll probably hear it.

Ford says that it is a characteristic of the coyote engine, whether or not that is true, it does not seem to be causing any premature wear issues. I think if that was the case there would be some pretty obvious examples at this point. I personally haven't heard of anything out of the ordinary. Think 18+ MT82 class action.

...But Ceratec, a friction modifier, seems to make it go away. I am inclined to believe that is because it is making whatever "lifter tick" or any contact area more lubricated and silencing the sound. I am not a certified mechanic or a mechanical engineer.
Sponsored