Sponsored

Question for Ceratec Users

The Insomnimaniac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT w/ Black Accent Pkg
Just got my oil changed and that tick is making me tick, so I'm thinking of throwing in a bottle of Ceratec. Do you guys use the full 10 quarts of oil and just dump the Ceratec in, or do you use less oil? Any risk of overfilling?

Side note: Been toying with the idea of 5w30 on the next oil change. I live in Georgia, so temps are blazing in the summer and winters are a crap shoot (several days of 40s to low 50s, then milder days. Hover around and below freezing in the mornings). Would 5w30 be ok to use year-round in our climate?
Sponsored

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium A10 PP1 Whipple Stage 2
Just got my oil changed and that tick is making me tick, so I'm thinking of throwing in a bottle of Ceratec. Do you guys use the full 10 quarts of oil and just dump the Ceratec in, or do you use less oil? Any risk of overfilling?

Side note: Been toying with the idea of 5w30 on the next oil change. I live in Georgia, so temps are blazing in the summer and winters are a crap shoot (several days of 40s to low 50s, then milder days. Hover around and below freezing in the mornings). Would 5w30 be ok to use year-round in our climate?
After draing oil, and replacing oil filter, I put 8 quarts of oil in, then I put 2 bottles of Ceratec in, started car for 60 seconds, checked my oil level and added the amount of oil nessasary to bring the oil level to Midway level on dip stick.

accel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP
i premix ceratec in oil jugs before pouring new oil in.

chances are your engine does not need the whole bottle. so add a half first time and dsee if the tick goes away. adjust.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,

Sponsored

skinnyb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT Premium PP1, 10 Auto Grabber Blue
I pre mix a bottle in my first 5 quart jug. Pour it in first then use the second. I pour the whole thing in. The ceratec is only a few ounces so any over fill is not a concern to me. And I run 5w30 all the time as recommended for my 22.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
That makes zero sense for a stock car though, 5w30 is fine
I run my car hard and this is what Ford specs for the Boss ect.. South Ga has high ambient temps and I like high temp protection.

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
I run my car hard and this is what Ford specs for the Boss ect.. South Ga has high ambient temps and I like high temp protection.
I suppose I see what you're saying. I mean, it doesn't really hurt anything to use that, but to me high temps is either a race track, or something out west like death valley or phoenix where daytime temps crest 120F. GA never gets that hot. For a street car driven in 90% of the USA, 5W30 should be just fine.

Ultimately it's just personal choice, you can't really be wrong here.

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium A10 PP1 Whipple Stage 2
i premix ceratec in oil jugs before pouring new oil in.

chances are your engine does not need the whole bottle. so add a half first time and dsee if the tick goes away. adjust.
For me, I followed the recommended usage amount from the directions on the Ceratec can. When I change my oil again,I will probably just add one can of Liqui Moly and call it a day. But, that's just me. I'm sure everyone does it different.

accel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP
For me, I followed the recommended usage amount from the directions on the Ceratec can. When I change my oil again,I will probably just add one can of Liqui Moly and call it a day. But, that's just me. I'm sure everyone does it different.
i use ceratec solely to suppress the tick. in my case 150 ml (half bottle) per whole oul change does the trick.

75-100ml it is very faint but I can hear it next to the concrete wall.

Sponsored
OP
OP
The Insomnimaniac

The Insomnimaniac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT w/ Black Accent Pkg
I pre mix a bottle in my first 5 quart jug. Pour it in first then use the second. I pour the whole thing in. The ceratec is only a few ounces so any over fill is not a concern to me. And I run 5w30 all the time as recommended for my 22.
What brand of oil do you use?

cerbomark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 GT PP2. 24 Ram BTS, 21 Mach1 (Sold)
regular oil change and 1/3 bottle ceratec right on top.

skinnyb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT Premium PP1, 10 Auto Grabber Blue
What brand of oil do you use?
I have been using Pennzoil Ultra Platinum 5w30, I used in my F150 with the Gen 3 coyote for 100k miles with good results, Ceratec every change on it as well.. Haven't been able to find it from my usual place online lately, probably switch to Mobil 1 next time as it is much easier to find at Wally World and cheaper too.

Dapepper9

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150
LM says the treat rate is 1 can for 5L of oil. 1 can is a light treatment at a normal oil fill and there's benefits to being a half quart over anyways so I see no reason to reduce how much oil you run. I use Schaeffers MolyEP myself which is 1 pint or 470ml. I dump in at the beginning and then the 8qts of oil I need and go
Sponsored