Sponsored

Jalopnik Review of the EB

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
that's because the mods enforce the rules and there's one specifically for inter-model bashing. i've received one infraction on it, and my comment wasn't even bad. all i said was "it could've been worse, it could've been an ecoboost" or something along those lines.

so now i basically can't say what i feel unless i want an infraction or possibly get banned as per the moderator that gave me the infraction.

edit: found it

You have received an infraction at 2015+ S550 Mustang Forum (6th Generation Platform) - Mustang6G.com.

Reason: Violation of Forum Rules
-------
Enough with the EcoBoost bashing. See the forum rules and leave it alone or your posting privileges will be removed.

Thank you.
-------

This infraction is worth 1 point(s) and may result in restricted access until it expires. Serious infractions will never expire.

Original Post:
http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?p=459066
Quote:
Even without the PP it could be worse, they could've opted for an ecoboost
Haha that was it? That is nothing compared to some of these other posts.

mustang#16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
An infraction is a fair tap on the wrist that really means nothing unless you continue to abuse the ToS.

I think the moderation is pretty darn good here. I've had a post that was ghost edited when my language was less than pleasant and I can't disagree with the changes that were made. I'd rather have mods that err on the strict side than have a forum that ends up full of bloat and bashing.
Agreed. Previously, I was a member on another Mustang forum from 2010-2013 and I finally got tired of all the bashing between those who would say "real Mustangs have a manual transmission" towards someone who posted that they bought an automatic. Seemed everyone had to justify why they bought an automatic before anyone would listen to them. Same between owners of 2005-2009 Mustangs vs owners of 2010-2014 models. I also saw a fair amount of disrespect and rudeness on the other forum and finally just canceled my account.

I'm still seeing a little bit of us vs them between fans of EB and GT Mustangs on M6G but it's gotten a lot better in recent weeks. If I've contributed to any of it, I do apologize as it wasn't intentional. I try to choose my words carefully but maybe don't always succeed. As I've posted before, I like the EB and seriously considered buying one but, in the end, my love of the V8 influenced my final decision. I'm very glad that Ford offers the EB because it makes total sense on the global market. It also helps sell more Mustangs in the U.S. and that's always a good thing. It will be interesting to watch Ford and the aftermarket develop this engine in the coming years.

I fully support the mods on this forum. They do a good job.

Brent302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
Most Jalopnik reviews read like the reviewer needed to have his mom in the passenger seat so he could drive legally.
Couldn't say it better... I rate them a 1/10.

After owning a 4.0, 4.6, 3.7 and now 5.0 I can say each engine has its place. Each one has its own following and unique attitude. The 5.0 is at the top followed by the 2.3 then 3.7. It's fact so why belittle another or try and justify your purchase to another Mustang owner.

The haters in any area can take a walk. Instead of chasing inter model trims how about start going after the competition? I'd like to see some EBs start whooping some 5.7 R/T butt.

Heck I'm even suggesting to my friend to get an EB because he wants a Mustang but the GTs are out of his price range. He asked about the 2.3 saying "sounds small and weak" I explained that wasnt the case and it can hold its own out there but I explained it won't sound like a GT and you'll have to deal with immature haters.

Sponsored

wildsailor

This Club for me?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
Agreed. Previously, I was a member on another Mustang forum from 2010-2013 and I finally got tired of all the bashing between those who would say "real Mustangs have a manual transmission" towards someone who posted that they bought an automatic. Seemed everyone had to justify why they bought an automatic before anyone would listen to them. Same between owners of 2005-2009 Mustangs vs owners of 2010-2014 models. I also saw a fair amount of disrespect and rudeness on the other forum and finally just canceled my account.

I'm still seeing a little bit of us vs them between fans of EB and GT Mustangs on M6G but it's gotten a lot better in recent weeks. If I've contributed to any of it, I do apologize as it wasn't intentional. I try to choose my words carefully but maybe don't always succeed. As I've posted before, I like the EB and seriously considered buying one but, in the end, my love of the V8 influenced my final decision. I'm very glad that Ford offers the EB because it makes total sense on the global market. It also helps sell more Mustangs in the U.S. and that's always a good thing. It will be interesting to watch Ford and the aftermarket develop this engine in the coming years.

I fully support the mods on this forum. They do a good job.
Yup, I ended up here after I went shopping for another group that was not constantly bashing. It appeared the favored Mustang was a GT, manual, Performance Pack and anything else was ridiculed and stupid. That, of course, was interjected with S550 haters from previous generations. I pictured tweens sitting in their PJ's pretending they owned Mustangs.... Under my avatar it is asking if this is the club for me....so far the maturity level is enjoyable!

After owning a 4.0, 4.6, 3.7 and now 5.0 I can say each engine has its place. Each one has its own following and unique attitude. The 5.0 is at the top followed by the 2.3 then 3.7. It's fact so why belittle another or try and justify your purchase to another Mustang owner.

The haters in any area can take a walk. Instead of chasing inter model trims how about start going after the competition? I'd like to see some EBs start whooping some 5.7 R/T butt.

Heck I'm even suggesting to my friend to get an EB because he wants a Mustang but the GTs are out of his price range. He asked about the 2.3 saying "sounds small and weak" I explained that wasnt the case and it can hold its own out there but I explained it won't sound like a GT and you'll have to deal with immature haters.
There are six great powertrains in the Mustang now (each split by auto-manual) and each puts out more power and torque than the 2010 GT. How can that be a bad thing? "Immature Haters"...love that phrase.

Like I said above, kids in PJ's playing with someone else's computer pretending to own a Mustang. Or in another way, how can anyone acting this mature really own a $34+k car?

I also get the S197 crowd bashing the S550; after buying your dream GT, customizing the heck out of it, and then a new model gets introduced? They are not king of the hill anymore and they have $40-$50k invested in being the meanest, baddest car in town. If they would just step back and realize they still have a great car things would be a lot better.

Spirited dialog I enjoy, meanness and disrespect I have little tolerance for...

Thanks for the posts; I am feeling a lot better now that I have found this club!

Brent302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
Yup, I ended up here after I went shopping for another group that was not constantly bashing. It appeared the favored Mustang was a GT, manual, Performance Pack and anything else was ridiculed and stupid. That, of course, was interjected with S550 haters from previous generations. I pictured tweens sitting in their PJ's pretending they owned Mustangs.... Under my avatar it is asking if this is the club for me....so far the maturity level is enjoyable!

There are six great powertrains in the Mustang now (each split by auto-manual) and each puts out more power and torque than the 2010 GT. How can that be a bad thing? "Immature Haters"...love that phrase.

Like I said above, kids in PJ's playing with someone else's computer pretending to own a Mustang. Or in another way, how can anyone acting this mature really own a $34+k car?

I also get the S197 crowd bashing the S550; after buying your dream GT, customizing the heck out of it, and then a new model gets introduced? They are not king of the hill anymore and they have $40-$50k invested in being the meanest, baddest car in town. If they would just step back and realize they still have a great car things would be a lot better.

Spirited dialog I enjoy, meanness and disrespect I have little tolerance for...

Thanks for the posts; I am feeling a lot better now that I have found this club!
The only guys allowed to be mad are the 2010 owners lol. I had many friends pissed off because they didn't know about the 5.0 coming

rumble

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 gt pp 1999 gt convt
Totally agree ! They were blindsided.

mustang#16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
The only guys allowed to be mad are the 2010 owners lol. I had many friends pissed off because they didn't know about the 5.0 coming
Yep, that would be me! My red 2010 Mustang GT Premium with 5-speed manual below :)
DSC05007-001.JPG

OP
OP
JonnyMustang

JonnyMustang

Mustang Enthusiast
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Flex EB
I worked on a friend's 2008 GT and we did every NA mod we could in his garage (except the cams were done by a shop). It was the fastest NA mustang in town...until the 2011 came out. A stock automatic 5.0 smoked him like he was standing still. He gradually lost interest and let it sit in his garage. He said it was too expensive to be at the top of the food chain.

I on the other hand couldn't care less...I love the Mustang culture, even the Mustang II. :ford:

I used to care about engine size...then I became an adult. haha Oddly enough, I loved the 4.0L I had...it was a sturdy motor and it was really simple to work on. It made enough power for me!

S197forum.com? ;)

Sponsored

angermgmt14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium--Oxford White--A6
Is that a V8 or V12 Vantage? To me, the AM's are the most beatuiful looking cars. If I were a rich man, I would own a V12 Vantage or the new Vanquish! :love:

mustang#16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I on the other hand couldn't care less...I love the Mustang culture, even the Mustang II. :ford:

S197forum.com? ;)
Re forum, I sent you a PM.

Re Mustang culture, agreed. I even had an '81 Mustang Ghia Coupe with the 3.3L inline six (200 ci -- same engine that Ford offered in the 64 1/2 Mustang) and 4-speed manual. HP was barely adequate, but had good torque, was incredibly smooth, and sounded good. If you turned a corner too hard, however, the g-force would make the oil pump cavitate and you'd hear the hydraulic valve lifters rattle momentarily from oil starvation. A revised oil pain or oil pickup would have fixed that.

The Mustang II, on its own, was a good car considering how everything else was suffering from smog controls, safety equipment/5-mph bumpers, and anemic performance. Still, the GM twins - Camaro and Firebird with their Z/28 and Trans-Am versions were tops and Mustang resorted to competing with the Chevy Monza instead of the Camaro during those days. In terms of sales, the Mustang II did very well. Here's a couple of Mustang II vids that you might find interesting.

Mustang II: The Unsung Hero -- Mustang Countdown
[ame]

My Car Story with Lou Costabile 1978 Ford Mustang Cobra II
[ame]

Jamo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Cobra Coupe
I'd love to find a Mustang II in good shape. I think most of them rusted though.

mustang#16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I'd love to find a Mustang II in good shape. I think most of them rusted though.
Considering the Mustang II is almost 1,000 pounds lighter than a 2015 Mustang Ecoboost, it would be interesting to see an Ecoboost 2.3L engine in the Mustang II. Unlike the V8 in Mustang IIs, the Ecoboost engine's light weight + torque/power would really make for an exceptionally potent combination in that car! Same would be true for the early Fox bodies, too (they were a bit lighter than the Mustang IIs if memory serves).

wildsailor

This Club for me?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
Considering the Mustang II is almost 1,000 pounds lighter than a 2015 Mustang Ecoboost, it would be interesting to see an Ecoboost 2.3L engine in the Mustang II. Unlike the V8 in Mustang IIs, the Ecoboost engine's light weight + torque/power would really make for an exceptionally potent combination in that car! Same would be true for the early Fox bodies, too (they were a bit lighter than the Mustang IIs if memory serves).
The 2.3L is not available yet but Ford is selling 2.0L Ecoboost Crate Engines (and controllers) now for restomods and race cars. The 2.0L would still be 250 HP!
Sponsored