Sponsored

Jalopnik Review of the EB

mustang#16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I do have a couple of nit-picks with the article. If the writer is going to mention Mustang history in his article, he at least should spend a few minutes on the google doing their research. From the article:

Of course, this is not the first four-cylinder, turbocharged Mustang — there were Pinto-engined, carbureted turbo Mustangs way back in 1979, and then in 1983 the Mustang SVO appeared and became a Mustang legend. But since that time, Mustangs have been exclusively powered with either huge V8s or smaller but still not small V6 engines.
The writer makes it seem that "huge" V8s or "smaller but still not small" V6 engines were the only engine options in a Mustang since the SVO.

Wrong.

Between 1987 - 1993, 7 long model years, the only engine choices in a Mustang were a 2.3L NA 4-cylinder or a 5.0L V8.

And why does the writer dramatize the Mustang V8 engine's size by refer to it as a "huge V8"? It's not. Since the days of the 1975 Mustang II, Ford has always limited the Mustang V8 to their smallest of V8s - the 5.0L (not counting that horrible 4.2L V8 that replaced the 5.0L in 1980-81) even though they had much larger engines available at the time (5.8L, 6.6L, 7.5L).

In my opinion, the author should look to Chevrolet and Dodge, not Ford, for examples of huge V8s available since the days of the SVO.

• 1987-2003 Camaro with 5.7L V8, 2010-2015 Camaro with 6.2L or 7.0L (Z/28) V8s.
  • 2008-2015 5.7L, 6.1L, 6.2L, and 6.4L V8s (some engines not offered in all years).
Sponsored

benanderson89

Hooneriffic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
As you can imagine, there’s been some purist backlash to this latest abnormally-aspirated muscle car, but like all the things purists bitch about, nobody should care.
I fell in love with this review the second I saw this line, because its so gosh-darned true. :amen:

Jamo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Cobra Coupe
It was a poorly written review. It was just full of the same old saw about it's being a turbo and not a traditional Mustang. Same story. Same story about everything, really, that's in every other review.

But what does he mean "from 30-60 this thing fees great"? What does that mean? What about from 0 to 30 mph? What about from 60-100 mph? It's a dog, I guess. I'm usually using an engine from 0 to 30 mph.

Spartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Sport
If you want the DD and don't care about the engine, get the EB. It's like owning an A5.

Notice no one ever says bad things about the A5 being a turbo 4.

The issue is that since this is a muscle car, purists will say it doesn't belong. You'll never avoid that.

As long as YOU'RE happy it doesn't matter what others thing.99.99999999% of the world you'll never even care about.

Tamadrummer88

Finicky
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost Premium
It was a poorly written review. It was just full of the same old saw about it's being a turbo and not a traditional Mustang. Same story. Same story about everything, really, that's in every other review.

But what does he mean "from 30-60 this thing fees great"? What does that mean? What about from 0 to 30 mph? What about from 60-100 mph? It's a dog, I guess. I'm usually using an engine from 0 to 30 mph.

We get it, you don't like the EB, you prefer the V6 to it and the EB is junk. You don't need to keep spouting that crap off everytime a thread comes up about the EB that you don't like.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sponsored

oilfieldtrash

likes mustangs
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Civic (still love mustangs though)
I'm getting 25.6 mpg in mixed driving over the last 500 miles. Anyone can say whatever they'd like about the ecoboost. I don't care. I'm getting 310 horsepower and econobox fuel mileage. I couldn't be any happier with an automobile. In fact this is by far the best vehicle I've ever owned. And I've owned several new vehicles.

Jamo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Cobra Coupe
We get it, you don't like the EB, you prefer the V6 to it and the EB is junk. You don't need to keep spouting that crap off everytime a thread comes up about the EB that you don't like.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I don't know what you're talking about. You're inferring something I didn't imply. I don't know what he meant by saying that from 30 to 60 it feels great. What do you think he meant by that? Why does he exclude 0-30 and 60 -100 mph? Why are you attacking me personally for asking a legitimate question?

And what's this "We" business? You got a friend in your pocket?

midnite9150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 GT
^ That gif is pretty damn awesome.

This part made me laugh:

The Mustang is a muscle car, and the traditional role of the muscle car has been a tool for its statistically likely male owners to convince strangers that the driver owns a set of gentitalia that are very capable of becoming turgid and providing groin-focused pleasure to a sexual partner.

Freaking LOL

Anyways that was a fun review to read, I'd say the interior is way over a 5/10 as well but everyone has their opinions.
if one wants to get technical the mustang has NEVER been a muscle car :D

Trackaholic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 350Z, 2016 GT350, 2018 Pacifica Hybrid
I find it interesting that every time a thread comes out mentioning the review of a certain version (whether it be the V6, EB, or GT), there is always an argument (or discussion, or complaint) about how each group disparages the other groups.

Yet, going back and reading the posts indicates that there are never actually any posts doing such a thing.

Certainly people discuss why they like one more than the other (and it is usually for emotional-types of reasons like sound, rather than purely performance ones), but I don't actually see anyone saying that the V6 or EB are not real mustangs, or that the GT appeals only to red-necks who are compensating for something while the more sophisticated, responsible types choose the EB.

Maybe other sites have more of an issue with this, but here, it just seems like people anticipate a bunch of backlash that never actually happens.

Even the Jalopnik review mentions how purists will hate the EB, but I see nothing like that here.

-T

Sponsored

Spartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Sport
I find it interesting that every time a thread comes out mentioning the review of a certain version (whether it be the V6, EB, or GT), there is always an argument (or discussion, or complaint) about how each group disparages the other groups.

Yet, going back and reading the posts indicates that there are never actually any posts doing such a thing.

Certainly people discuss why they like one more than the other (and it is usually for emotional-types of reasons like sound, rather than purely performance ones), but I don't actually see anyone saying that the V6 or EB are not real mustangs, or that the GT appeals only to red-necks who are compensating for something while the more sophisticated, responsible types choose the EB.

Maybe other sites have more of an issue with this, but here, it just seems like people anticipate a bunch of backlash that never actually happens.

Even the Jalopnik review mentions how purists will hate the EB, but I see nothing like that here.

-T
Many of these things are deleted by the mods. Trust me they exist on here.

This site exists as a Mustang experience. What we don't want is there to be only 1 Mustang experience and other models are looked down on.

As many have said this is supposed to be a brotherhood/sisterhood and not bashing any Mustang...(if anything we should be bashing the Camaro/Challenger). ;)

Asharus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Angelo
Vehicle(s)
2018 Challenger Scat Pack
that's because the mods enforce the rules and there's one specifically for inter-model bashing. i've received one infraction on it, and my comment wasn't even bad. all i said was "it could've been worse, it could've been an ecoboost" or something along those lines.

so now i basically can't say what i feel unless i want an infraction or possibly get banned as per the moderator that gave me the infraction.

edit: found it

You have received an infraction at 2015+ S550 Mustang Forum (6th Generation Platform) - Mustang6G.com.

Reason: Violation of Forum Rules
-------
Enough with the EcoBoost bashing. See the forum rules and leave it alone or your posting privileges will be removed.

Thank you.
-------

This infraction is worth 1 point(s) and may result in restricted access until it expires. Serious infractions will never expire.

Original Post:
http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?p=459066
Quote:
Even without the PP it could be worse, they could've opted for an ecoboost

HoustonMustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Race Red EcoBoost Premium with 20" wheels...
Who really cares what the the true definition of '15 Mustang EcoBoost is...

Bottomline...I love my EcoBoost Mustang!

I've been fortunate to own almost every high performance brand offered in the US...including a large selection of Italian exotics...and my EcoBoost Premium package Mustang is one of my favorite purchases of all time...wonderful styling...fun to operate...and a great value for the money!

I don't regret buying the EcoBoost one bit...the GT has more power...but the Ecoboost feels lighter on it's feet because of the weight reduction the 2.3 liter power plant offers...

I'm proud to own a 4-banger Mustang! LOL

:thumbsup:

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
that's because the mods enforce the rules and there's one specifically for inter-model bashing. i've received one infraction on it, and my comment wasn't even bad. all i said was "it could've been worse, it could've been an ecoboost" or something along those lines.

so now i basically can't say what i feel unless i want an infraction or possibly get banned as per the moderator that gave me the infraction.

edit: found it

You have received an infraction at 2015+ S550 Mustang Forum (6th Generation Platform) - Mustang6G.com.

Reason: Violation of Forum Rules
-------
Enough with the EcoBoost bashing. See the forum rules and leave it alone or your posting privileges will be removed.

Thank you.
-------

This infraction is worth 1 point(s) and may result in restricted access until it expires. Serious infractions will never expire.

Original Post:
http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?p=459066
Quote:
Even without the PP it could be worse, they could've opted for an ecoboost
An infraction is a fair tap on the wrist that really means nothing unless you continue to abuse the ToS.

I think the moderation is pretty darn good here. I've had a post that was ghost edited when my language was less than pleasant and I can't disagree with the changes that were made. I'd rather have mods that err on the strict side than have a forum that ends up full of bloat and bashing.

Spartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Sport
Who really cares what the the true definition of '15 Mustang EcoBoost is...

Bottomline...I love my EcoBoost Mustang!

I've been fortunate to own almost every high performance brand offered in the US...including a large selection of Italian exotics...and my EcoBoost Premium package Mustang is one of my favorite purchases of all time...wonderful styling...fun to operate...and a great value for the money!

I don't regret buying the EcoBoost one bit...the GT has more power...but the Ecoboost feels lighter on it's feet because of the weight reduction the 2.3 liter power plant offers...

I'm proud to own a 4-banger Mustang! LOL

:thumbsup:
Where are your pics of your EB? And I want to see pics of those other exotics.
Sponsored