Sponsored

Introduce yourself!!

Lakerspast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang S550
Looks a great car.
I nearly bought one very similar a few weeks back but settled on another.
Is it manual or auto ?

masluck

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2023 Shelby American GT
Hi Everyone,

Mark from Reddick, Florida here. I have been lurking on this site, gaining a ton of knowledge about the S550 platform and these fine automobiles for awhile now. This is my 4th Mustang. I had a 1966 Coupe (289), 1986 GT, 1966 A-Code Fastback and now a 2023 Shelby American GT. I am a real fan of the original 60's series Shelby cars and always wanted one. My pockets aren't deep enough for a 1966 GT350, so I decided to get the Shelby GT with the painted stripes option. Even though this is their entry level build, it is not just badges and trim that has been done to the car. I opted to wait on supercharging it until I am further along in the warranty cycle. I hope you like it. Thanks!
image0-2.jpeg

Sponsored

Farkel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marc
Vehicle(s)
'20 GT Premium PP1, 2012 Jeep JK, 2022 Harley 48
Hi Everyone,

Mark from Reddick, Florida here. I have been lurking on this site, gaining a ton of knowledge about the S550 platform and these fine automobiles for awhile now. This is my 4th Mustang. I had a 1966 Coupe (289), 1986 GT, 1966 A-Code Fastback and now a 2023 Shelby American GT. I am a real fan of the original 60's series Shelby cars and always wanted one. My pockets aren't deep enough for a 1966 GT350, so I decided to get the Shelby GT with the painted stripes option. Even though this is their entry level build, it is not just badges and trim that has been done to the car. I opted to wait on supercharging it until I am further along in the warranty cycle. I hope you like it. Thanks!
image0-2.jpeg
Wow! That's a beauty. Pardon my ignorance, but which blue is that?

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 Fighter jet grey
Hi newbie here, Having a bit of trouble figuring out how to post and not just lurk…so giving this a try. I have a 2022 Mach 1 FJG that I have done mostly cosmetic changes to including the the california special side scoop and the bremaro fog light decal. The only “performance” mods are a J&L oil catch can and redline gas hood struts. This is my fun mostly street occasional driver. I will take it to the track and get “driving lessons” on how to drive fast safely once I heal up from back surgery. I am more interested in handling improvements than power improvements, but am open to power improvements if not too expensive (I would like to get it over 500 HP for ego reasons nothing else thus the cheap up grade mod for power) I have the 6 speed Tremec manual transmission. The Michelin cup2 tires that I will change out once they wear out.

Any suggestions on what to do next. Or just say hi

Johnny550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Hey Mustang6g,

New member from Michigan here. Not new to Mustangs though!

Back in high school in the early 90's, I owned my first Mustang. An 84 2.3 beast! Then shortly after graduating and getting my first real job, I bought an 89 GT 25th Anniversary Edition - white with the red stripe. Man, I loved that car! Wish I still had it. Bought a new 16 GT, sold that. Then missed it. Bought a 19 GT. Sold it and regretted it again. And I was highly anticipating the "all new" Mustang this year. And couldn't get past the digital dash. So I bought another 2019 GT in the same color with very low miles.

And here she is. Did a few things already. Ford Performance cold intake, Steeda H-Pipe, MMD Fuel Door, and Performance Pack style rear spoiler. Wheels/Tires are a must for the next upgrade. The 235's are wretched.

2019 Mustang GT.jpg

Ford Performance intake.jpg

TJP1225

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT - 10R80 - Shadow Black
Hi all, my name is Tim and I'm in Odenton, MD.

Just bought my 2020 GT 10R80 2 months ago. Looking to pick up some mod ideas, troubleshooting tips, and possibly find local people to go to meets/cruise with.

Car is currently bone stock, minus the usual J&L passenger catch can to protect the motor. Hopefully I can be of use sharing tips as the car is driven and modded.
20230911_125734.jpg

Sponsored

metalmadman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jimmy
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT with Recaro bucket seat option.
I'm Jimmy. I'm 61 years old. Birthday was 10/12 this year. I traded a 2020 Camry XSE with 2.5L for a 2023 Mustang GT with 1965 miles on it. It has the six speed manual. Going from a Camry to Mustang GT is like going from a moped to Kawasaki Ninja. LOL I have the regular GT but with Recaro Bucket seat option. I do have one important question. I have a black intake. I have heard GTs have silver intakes. I ran a CARFAX and found that the car was bought in Saint Louis with 11 miles. The person had it for 1 week, then it went to Auction with 1872 miles. Principle Volkswagen dealer here in Texas bought the car from auction, kept it for two months, then it went to auction again. Local Toyota dealer bought it where I got my Camry, I traded for it, of course.
I'm wondering if the engine was changed. Yes, a little late to worry I I know. I love the car just have a questions. It runs good, no ticks or knocks. Shifts good. I drove a standards for 25 years, then went Auto and now I'm back with standard, thank God. I love shifting gears and a true part of the car.
I might have local Ford house check it out soon. I live in Texas. I was born here. The Mustang begs to be let loose on these long highways. LOL I'm watching my foot a little, waiting to break it in more. I'm retired from the StaTE Of Texas. I don't drive as much as I used too. Finally got my Eleanor. The first muscle car I sat in was a 67 GT500 when I was 5. I like all muscle cars, don't get me wrong, but the GT500 stuck with me. Lime Green, with Lime Green interior and four in the floor. I still remember that car all these years. I won't lie, driving this car for the first time brought tears to my old eyes. After driving practical four bangers for YEARS, I got 450 HP Six Speed Galloping Horse. So many years it slipped through my fingers. Now, 61 I have one before I breathe my last. It's like marrying the cheerleader in high school you dreamed about. I still have to pinch myself. LOL A friend told me, "After you make that first 900 payment, it will all sink in!" LOL I finally got one of the cool cars everyone else was driving! I'm thrilled.

20231019_183005.jpg

20231019_183127.jpg

20231019_183207.jpg

20231019_183214.jpg

Boyd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Boyd
Vehicle(s)
17 F5 Cobra, 93 Fox race car, 21 Mach 1, 23 F150
Hi all, my name is Tim and I'm in Odenton, MD.
Hi Tim. I grew up right across Rt 3 from you in Baldwin Hills. Used to hang out at The Pond, back in the woods behind Odenton before it was all developed. Lived in that area and up in Glen Burnie for 30+ years. I'm in Tennessee now.

Anyways, small world. Welcome to the Forum.

TJP1225

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT - 10R80 - Shadow Black
Hi Tim. I grew up right across Rt 3 from you in Baldwin Hills. Used to hang out at The Pond, back in the woods behind Odenton before it was all developed. Lived in that area and up in Glen Burnie for 30+ years. I'm in Tennessee now.
What a small world indeed. Just moved here recently and although developed it still has a nice small town charm. The local businesses are great and ran by nice people. Really don't have to go much further than a few towns to get what I need. Hope Tennessee is treating you well and thanks for the warm welcome.

RowdyRam

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Duane
Vehicle(s)
22 GT DMG 6M Coupe
I'm Jimmy. I'm 61 years old. Birthday was 10/12 this year. I traded a 2020 Camry XSE with 2.5L for a 2023 Mustang GT with 1965 miles on it. It has the six speed manual. Going from a Camry to Mustang GT is like going from a moped to Kawasaki Ninja. LOL I have the regular GT but with Recaro Bucket seat option. I do have one important question. I have a black intake. I have heard GTs have silver intakes. I ran a CARFAX and found that the car was bought in Saint Louis with 11 miles. The person had it for 1 week, then it went to Auction with 1872 miles. Principle Volkswagen dealer here in Texas bought the car from auction, kept it for two months, then it went to auction again. Local Toyota dealer bought it where I got my Camry, I traded for it, of course.
I'm wondering if the engine was changed. Yes, a little late to worry I I know. I love the car just have a questions. It runs good, no ticks or knocks. Shifts good. I drove a standards for 25 years, then went Auto and now I'm back with standard, thank God. I love shifting gears and a true part of the car.
I might have local Ford house check it out soon. I live in Texas. I was born here. The Mustang begs to be let loose on these long highways. LOL I'm watching my foot a little, waiting to break it in more. I'm retired from the StaTE Of Texas. I don't drive as much as I used too. Finally got my Eleanor. The first muscle car I sat in was a 67 GT500 when I was 5. I like all muscle cars, don't get me wrong, but the GT500 stuck with me. Lime Green, with Lime Green interior and four in the floor. I still remember that car all these years. I won't lie, driving this car for the first time brought tears to my old eyes. After driving practical four bangers for YEARS, I got 450 HP Six Speed Galloping Horse. So many years it slipped through my fingers. Now, 61 I have one before I breathe my last. It's like marrying the cheerleader in high school you dreamed about. I still have to pinch myself. LOL A friend told me, "After you make that first 900 payment, it will all sink in!" LOL I finally got one of the cool cars everyone else was driving! I'm thrilled.

20231019_183214.jpg
Beautiful car, man. Congratulations to a fellow Texan. For what it's worth, my '22 came with a black intake as well, and I've had it since new. In previous years, GTs did have gray/sliver intakes, and that may be where the information came from.

Enjoy!

metalmadman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jimmy
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT with Recaro bucket seat option.
Here is one for you Mustang lovers.
Rural Texas on a lonely highway. It's one in the morning. Full moon shining down. Stars are shining through the clear night. Five Finger Death Blue on Black is playing through the speakers. The horse is galloping along, pushing one twenty. The coyote is howling in the background. All is good with the World.
Sponsored

Last edited: