Introduce yourself!!

KingMatt24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP1
Hey everyone, I’m Matt from Illinois. 22 years of age and a lifelong Mustang fan (seriously, for as long as I can remember.) Mustangs have been in my family for decades now. Fun fact, learned how to drive in two 5.0 Coyote’s (3rd pic) and took the road test for my drivers license in one.

Exactly a month ago I made a lifelong dream come true and finally got myself a V8 Mustang when I traded in my Lexus GS. Except this pony’s a lot nicer and quicker than the S197’s I loved as a kid. Bought a fully loaded 2020 PP1 with only 3300 miles, brand new car in my eyes and I plan on keeping it and enjoying every second of it for years to come. This car literally has every option but MR.

The last few pics are the current Mustangs in my family 😎
IMG_9064.jpeg
IMG_9065.jpeg
37A12D95-5A90-4772-866A-05EB1A4F421E.jpeg
IMG_9295.jpeg
IMG_9332.jpeg
AFD5467E-4C89-4A45-9753-9569AF4C33AE.jpeg
10EED354-6EF3-4E27-829A-EC780CC15833.jpeg
IMG_9361.jpeg
IMG_1969.jpeg
IMG_1996.jpeg
899D2846-A7AF-4C63-97E8-34F427A4A83C.jpeg
Sponsored

4thstangCb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang
Hi this is Chris from Commerce, MI. I have had 4 Mustangs over the past 40 years - this is the current ride. It is my daily driver, a 2016 PP Ecoboost with Auto. Had 3 previous - 5.0 L - manuals over the years - 79 4 speed / 86 5 speed / 95 5 speed. Mods are mostly cosmetic, have a few wheel and tire sets.

Not a huge fan of the 2024, might be looking for a C6 GS or C7 as my next sports car. Keeping this one as my daily, though.
IMG_4609.JPG
Mustang 1.jpg
Mustang2.jpg
Mustang4.jpg
Mustang5.jpg

Bhick324

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Bobby from Michigan always been a gear head and a Mustang fanatic. This is my 19 PP1 GT. It has Eibach Sport line springs, JLT Cold Air, Borla ATAK Cat back, Stainless Power Longtubes, BMR Cradle Lock outs and Vertical Links, PP2 Splitter, RTR Gurney Flap
IMG_4967.jpeg

Sponsored

JB41

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jared
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ecoboost Premium Convertible
This is Jared from California. I’m 34 and have always loved mustangs since i was a kid. Growing up, the 2000 svt cobra was “the one”, in red of course.

I’ve always been in a ford truck since high school. From a Ranger to F-150’s, 250 and 350’s. My wife and I rented a 2020 ecoboost convertible this summer and we were hooked. We just bought a 2017 Ecoboost Premium Convertible last weekend. It’s such a blast to drive. Totally different driving experience than any other vehicle I’ve ever owned. Hoping to pass this one down to my oldest daughter when she’s old enough to drive in 5-6 years. Then mommy and daddy can upgrade to a GT 😆.

My wife’s parents own a 65 fastback so hopefully we can get them to take it out more now that there is a 2nd pony in the family.

IMG_6795.jpeg

SeventyGTX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
On the hunt for the right one
Hey everyone. I'm an old fart whose first car was a 67 Mustang GT fastback 289 4v/4spd. Got it with a co-signer at 18 years old for $1288 off a used car lot. Did the dumb kid things and put huge tires and air shocks in the rear, biggest solid cam JC Whitney had, Edlebrock intake, Holley 650 double pumper Hookers and Thrush header mufflers.

I love all kinds of cars and after that had a couple of SS396 Chevelles, SS Novas etc, then in the late 80's got into Mopars hence my user name which was my last muscle car I sold to a guy in Sweden in 2005.

Anyway, I have only had trucks and 4x4's the past 18 years or so and looking to get a fun late model toy in retirement. I got to talking to my neighbor who is a big Mustang guy and he has given me the itch. He has a Dark Horse that has been on order for several months and no date when it will show up.

So I am on the hunt for a nice 2018 or so. I am in the deciding stage whether I want a Eco or 5.0/auto or manual. I have not had a manual trans in 30 years with the exception of a Suzuki Samurai several years ago. Looking to learn a lot about these late models before I jump in feet first and buy one.

In the meantime, here is a pic of my first car I described at the top. Note the date. This was after I owned it two years and just had it painted which is why no GT stripe. Looks pretty dated compared to all those beauties above...

1692583057638.png

GaleGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gale
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang
This is Jared from California. I’m 34 and have always loved mustangs since i was a kid. Growing up, the 2000 svt cobra was “the one”, in red of course.

I’ve always been in a ford truck since high school. From a Ranger to F-150’s, 250 and 350’s. My wife and I rented a 2020 ecoboost convertible this summer and we were hooked. We just bought a 2017 Ecoboost Premium Convertible last weekend. It’s such a blast to drive. Totally different driving experience than any other vehicle I’ve ever owned. Hoping to pass this one down to my oldest daughter when she’s old enough to drive in 5-6 years. Then mommy and daddy can upgrade to a GT 😆.

My wife’s parents own a 65 fastback so hopefully we can get them to take it out more now that there is a 2nd pony in the family.

IMG_6795.jpeg
Nice ride, Jared!

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT Premium, '70 Pontiac Firebird Formula 400
Hello Kevin from Phila here! Just picked up my 3rd Mustang, a '15 GT Premium MM 6 speed. In the 80's I had a '69 Mach1 and a '70 Grande. The former had an Earl Scheib $69.95 paint job from the Spring Garden street shop, the latter a Pep Boys rattle can red primer job. I was hoping my '15 would have the giant clock in the dash like my '69 had :( My current EMP bugout mobile is a '70 Pontiac Firebird Formula 400 4 speed, 12 bolt posi with ignition points! I'm looking forward to getting down with my '15! I'm on a mission to become the oldest member of the Philly Street Racing team!
stang.jpg
fbird.jpg

Last edited:

Fluxmaven

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang Ecoboost, 97 Mazda Miata, 84 BMW 323i
Just got my first Mustang so I figured I'd say howdy.

I am admittedly more of an import guy. However there aren't a lot of affordable RWD turbo cars these days. An Ecoboost had been on my list of cars I was considering. This past Wednesday I was rear ended while stopped in traffic totaling my car. Later that day I bought a 2015 Ecoboost premium that I had been planning to go test drive.

Heard a lot of bad things about the MT82, but this car seems to shift fine. I'll probably upgrade the shifter and fluid at some point just because I like tinkering.

Probably much to the dismay of most typical mustang guys, I plan on going for more of a tuner style. Already have an HKS Super Sequential BOV on the way, still deciding on what piping and intercooler to go with. Planning on a Tomei single exit titanium exhaust, Cobb Accessport, Work wheel, etc.

The rest of my fleet consists of a 97 Mazda Miata and an 84 BMW 323i sedan.
20230823_174735.jpg

Sponsored

BassBob

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
18' Mustang 22' Crosstrek
Good morning!
Yep BassBob writing to introduce myself. I just bought a 18' Hurst appearance package GT.
I have some questions about the car. (yep. typical newbe, sorry!).
1st question. How many Hurst packages were sold in 2018? If there's somewhere
else to check, please let me know. 2nd question. Octane rating. 91/93/87?
I have the 435 hp engine. Last question. Can I rotate the tires, Front to rear, or are
there offsets I'm unaware of?
That's it. Happy to join the forum!
Best Regards,
BassBob

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT Premium, '70 Pontiac Firebird Formula 400
Hello Kevin from Phila here! Just picked up my 3rd Mustang, a '15 GT Premium MM 6 speed. In the 80's I had a '69 Mach1 and a '70 Grande. The former had an Earl Scheib $69.95 paint job from the Spring Garden street shop, the latter a Pep Boys rattle can red primer job. I was hoping my '15 would have the giant clock in the dash like my '69 had :( My current EMP bugout mobile is a '70 Pontiac Firebird Formula 400 4 speed, 12 bolt posi with ignition points! I'm looking forward to getting down with my '15! I'm on a mission to become the oldest member of the Philly Street Racing team!
stang.jpg
fbird.jpg
Both are 3.55 "Safe-T-Track" as Pontiac would say....

Post0306

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
2107 GT PP1 manual
Hey all. Love the community here. Just bought a 17 GT PP1 MM6 with 37k miles. I have had 4 mustangs before (2 1970s convertibles, 72 convertible, and a 98 V6 6-speed). I’m enjoying dreaming about the modes I want to do. I’ve already converted the seats to leather and in the process of converting form Sync 1 to 3 which will give me drive modes and seat heating and cooling feature. Yes, I know it will require some new harnesses and a trip down Forscan lane. I have a guy. Haha. I’ll looking at either getting the ford power pack 3 upgrade or maybe supercharging it (if I can find a deal). Always welcome your thoughts, ideas, suggestions.

MonsterMaxx

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robin
Vehicle(s)
Lengthy, 2015F350, 2017Expy, a CJ5, motorcycles
Hi, nice forum you have here. Thanks for including me.

I'm a mechanical engineer who does a bit of this and that. High end RC cars (design and manufacture), Tower Cranes & concrete placing equip (design), motorcycle parts (design and manufacture), full size truck parts (design and manufacture). I dabble a bit in the freestyle drones and other RC flying machines. I 3D print some stuff. And I've access to high end scanners and reverse engineering software.

I'm old like dirt and have a 4yr old son who keeps me on my toes.

I've got a few vehicles, but my main horse is a 2016 F350 Diesel that has had some work and is a towing monster.
Truck and trailer at Jay's.jpg
Sponsored