• Maybe

Votes: 13 8.4%

• Total voters

Gen_Nick3.8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Camaro SS 1LE
It says when you buy the Adaptive cruise control you get an HUD, I think that limited to only showing brake bars. I'm sure someone can hack it and display other info

Stroked84

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
I regularly drive my roommate's 14 Camaro SS and the HUD is my favorite thing about the car. I would be that much more interested in the Mustang if it had a comparable HUD.

Gen_Nick3.8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Camaro SS 1LE
I regularly drive my roommate's 14 Camaro SS and the HUD is my favorite thing about the car. I would be that much more interested in the Mustang if it had a comparable HUD.
My best friend has a 14 SS and same here love the HUD. It tells You when to shift, G metter etc...

Sponsored

Brent302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
My best friend has a 14 SS and same here love the HUD. It tells You when to shift, G metter etc...
You don't know when to shift based on feel/sound?

souprmage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT w/PP 50th Appearance
You don't know when to shift based on feel/sound?
Lol, I was wondering the same thing. I know how fast I'm going by the sound of the car. Whether it's the wind speed, road noise, engine noise, or whatever. The combination tells me I'm going at least around the speed limit, or not as the case may be.

As for when to shift, I'll not be shifting at red-line very often. Although I'm not sure I'll be going with the owners manual recommendations either. 6th gear at 43mph, yeah, right!!! :headbonk:

draco24433

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White Mustang GT Premium

draco24433

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
Well, I have it installed in my car. Here is my 2 cents worth of a review. Very simple system to install. At night, it looks incredible and the speedometer and other functions work well except the fuel gauge. That never seems to work properly but what can you expect from a Chinese unit worth $60. During daylight driving you can't see poop! I don't know if it is the reflective film or what. I am buying some teleprompter film to see if it makes a difference. I hope it does. The speedometer is very accurate as well as the tachometer which is what I really wanted to have in the first place. I will post pics later of my setup.

Sponsored

draco24433

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
Update: I got the teleprompter film and installed it. It makes a huge difference during night driving. Everything is clear. Unfortunately, I still can't see anything during the day. I am going to try a limousine dark tint square to see if that will allow me to see the gauges during the daytime. The unit came with a tint square which I would guess to be around 35%.

Spork3245

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP1 w/Magneride
Came across this I-5 Tech HUD integrated above the center speaker grille. Anyone seen this in person?

https://video.wixstatic.com/video/2f5252_dd66c8a017ed4f0c87f79b6aca512664/480p/mp4/file.mp4
Capture.PNG
wegweq.PNG
Probably should have made your own thread instead of necroing this, which was last replied to over 4 years ago. :p
However, those aftermarket HUDs are generally buggy and/or inaccurate and just a novelty which can only display speed. I wouldn’t waste your money.
Sponsored