• Yes

Votes: 115 74.7%
  • No

Votes: 26 16.9%
  • Maybe

Votes: 13 8.4%

• Total voters

groundnpounder

Forgot one function in my list... how about shift lights!

Just caught this one on youtube. That's the HUD on the 2014 Camaro showing shift lights (the green lights moving towards each other towards the red shift light point).

Sponsored

OP
OP

bballr4567

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Pontiac GTO
Well, that is quite badass actually.

I wouldnt really call it a safety feature but its nice to have on dark back roads when you need the night vision.

ZachR

That Auto Design Student
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Vehicle(s)
15 EB, 14 V6, 08 Sky, 93 TT
Well, that is quite badass actually.

I wouldnt really call it a safety feature but its nice to have on dark back roads when you need the night vision.
I'm not sure I would call it a safety feature either. It doesn't do anything more than what the gauges do, and it doesn't forcefully interfere with your driving either.

I personally would love to see a Heads-Up Display as an option on the new Mustang. It seems to slowly be making it's way into more and more cars, and it'd be a shame to see it left out for the Mustang.

Granted I know it's more a cool little toy than anything and not for everyone; but that's why it'd make a good option. If you want it, order it; if not, don't pay extra and be happy with it.

Hopefully Ford has more options on the new Mustang than the current one.

Krishna

Ford to introduce an all-new concept at IFA Berlin

Ford to introduce all-new concept at IFA Berlin

Debuts on September 6th

Ford has announced plans to introduce an all-new concept at the IFA consumer electronics show in Berlin on September 6th.

The company declined to release pictures but said the concept will have "breakthrough technology features." That's pretty vague but Ford CEO Alan Mulally will be making a keynote address where he will discuss how technology can make driving safer, easier and more connected. This implies the concept will incorporate a number of high-tech infotainment and safety systems.

Besides unveiling the concept, Ford will make several "technology announcements" and provide an update on the European launch of Ford SYNC with AppLink.

http://www.worldcarfans.com/113082361891/ford-to-introduce-an-all-new-concept-at-ifa-berlin

Maybe we'll see HUD here :shrug:

I know the Evos showed a bunch of intersting new tech. HUD wasn't one of them right?

Krishna

I'm not sure I would call it a safety feature either. It doesn't do anything more than what the gauges do, and it doesn't forcefully interfere with your driving either.

I personally would love to see a Heads-Up Display as an option on the new Mustang. It seems to slowly be making it's way into more and more cars, and it'd be a shame to see it left out for the Mustang.

Granted I know it's more a cool little toy than anything and not for everyone; but that's why it'd make a good option. If you want it, order it; if not, don't pay extra and be happy with it.

Hopefully Ford has more options on the new Mustang than the current one.
New and more options are a must for this one. Hoping that's at least one benefit of the whole going global thing. No more crap watered down US versions when buyers across the ocean have it standard.

Sponsored

evilrazor

Threads
Reaction score
The HUD in my bmw is one of the only features I really like about the car. I recently took a trip to Dallas and having the street name, distance to turn, and arrow of turn on my HUD really made a huge difference while trying to drive around a very busy town. It allowed me to keep my eyes on the road at all times. So I would argue that in a sense it could be a safety feature.

Sabre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Iconic Silver 2023 Mach 1 with Handling Package
I must admit...I always thought HUD was kinda "gimmicky" on other cars. But, after using my Garmin, with the MPH readout at eye level I've become used to it and think that an HUD would actually be something I'd really like. I want some options though. I want to decide what I want to display...and where...and how bright and color, etc. I guess this old dog can get used to some new tricks....as long as he has total control over them! LOL

D Griff

Threads
Reaction score
I think it should be optional so those who don't want it don't have to pay for it, but why wouldn't you want one? You can always turn it off and they're a pretty cool bit of tech that doesn't dilute the car in any way.

K.Lysius

I think it should be optional so those who don't want it don't have to pay for it, but why wouldn't you want one? You can always turn it off and they're a pretty cool bit of tech that doesn't dilute the car in any way.
I guess argument can be made for having less tech in the car for weight saving reasons and also one less thing to break/fix. But yea this is one of those techs where the utility far outweighs the cons!

Electronic displays are really providing some great utility these days. You guys see the new Corvette's 10 configurable gauge display modes? Pretty cool

Sponsored

91z28350

Obsessed with Horse Power
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JAMES
Vehicle(s)
2012 GT500 - 837 RWHP AND COUNTING
HUD

I am on a business trip and got a new 2lt RS Camaro for a rental. Overall a really solid car. The one thing I like about it, and hope that we will see from Ford is the HUD (Heads Up Display). I had it on my Grand Prix GTP and on Vettes I have driven, but forgot how much I like having information right in front of me without having to look down to see the speedo, nav instructions etc. For those who don't want it, no problem, but I really hope that Ford offers something comparable (and no I am not talking about red dots for braking distance on the new cruise control :) )

91z28350

Obsessed with Horse Power
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JAMES
Vehicle(s)
2012 GT500 - 837 RWHP AND COUNTING
yeah that is pretty cool.

Trackaholic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 350Z, 2016 GT350, 2018 Pacifica Hybrid
Pretty cool, but seems bulky in some respects.

I definitely like the HUD though, and hope that Ford jumps on that bandwagon soon.

I've only experienced one in the C7 Vette, and then only for a few days, but it was pretty sweet.

-T

Robinson02

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kody
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black 5.0
Yea if that Navdy was a bit smaller, id buy one. I have an HUD app on my phone, A pretty dang good one too.

Does anyone know of any aftermarket ones? they dont have to be all fancy smancy. just curious.
Sponsored