Sponsored

ESS G3X 60-130 seems slow compared to everyone else's with same/similar mods.

OP
OP
Maximos_n

Maximos_n

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Max
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Do you ever intend to run E85?

The problem with most people is they are hamstrung by what their tuners want. Personally, I've found that a stock pump on a BAP will even support E85 up to a certain power level, and a DW400 at 20 volts will support 850-900 or more on E85 with the right fuel rails and injectors.
Not at the current moment but probably eventually. I got quoted about 4k to have a new fuel system done including labor. Was the fore innovations kit.
Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
A DW400/BAP combo will support 850+...if your tuner will allow it.
I've seen 525 pumps or something like that. Wouldnt that make more sense to drive it at regular voltage?

Sponsored

OP
OP
Maximos_n

Maximos_n

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Max
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Pending means that the car is looking to see if the problem persists before throwing another cel.

And no, no point in doing a wot log when I can't see fuel pressure or injector pw. Can you search injector and see if the injector pulse width pops up?

Also like I was mentioning Lund will probably be able to give you a list of channels to add. VCM Scanner is just not automatically able to find them all because of the scrambled osid. PCMTec can find them even on a scrambled id. So I can log a bunch more with pcmtec vs vcm scanner with the Lund tune. The problem is pcmtec costs money for the software and you have to buy another cable.

Just tell Lund what I said to tell them and they should send you a channels file. Try this channels file that Lund has on their website (also attached): https://support.lundracing.com/hc/en-us/article_attachments/1500013866622
Ok i think i got the fuel pressure and injector pulse width set up.
Pending means that the car is looking to see if the problem persists before throwing another cel.

And no, no point in doing a wot log when I can't see fuel pressure or injector pw. Can you search injector and see if the injector pulse width pops up?

Also like I was mentioning Lund will probably be able to give you a list of channels to add. VCM Scanner is just not automatically able to find them all because of the scrambled osid. PCMTec can find them even on a scrambled id. So I can log a bunch more with pcmtec vs vcm scanner with the Lund tune. The problem is pcmtec costs money for the software and you have to buy another cable.

Just tell Lund what I said to tell them and they should send you a channels file. Try this channels file that Lund has on their website (also attached): https://support.lundracing.com/hc/en-us/article_attachments/1500013866622
Okay i think i got the injector pulse width and fuel pressure set up. Thats what you needed right? However when i tried to add them and start the car nothing was logging after being connected and im gonna guess its cause its locked or something because they have little keys with the red circle thing.

IMG_0053.jpeg

Pistol_91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang GT
Whipple cranks the system voltage up to 15.2. Sounds like lund still caps it around 12.5 like stock
.14.5 x .86 = 12.5, which would explain why it works with the Whipple tuning but not Lund. So why is Lund limiting voltage to 12.5 so they don’t push the dw400 “that hard” but they’re ok pushing 18 or 20 volts to it through a bap?
Mike, cranking system voltage to 15 makes everything run at 15V right? Everything in the car? And a BAP only targets the fuel pump. Maybe this is why.

engineermike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10
Mike, cranking system voltage to 15 makes everything run at 15V right? Everything in the car? And a BAP only targets the fuel pump. Maybe this is why.
Partially correct, because the “normal” system voltage is like 14.4 (I’d have to look up an accurate value). Stock limits this to 12.5 to the pump. I don’t see any reason not to allow all 14.4 to make it to the pump. As for 15.2, I also don’t like the system always running at 15.2 but you can put in a fuel flow threshold so it only goes to 15.2 at high fuel demand. This can even help performance with a bap, depending on situation.

mejohn50

Intergalactic Snail
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mitch
Vehicle(s)
slow junk
Ok i think i got the fuel pressure and injector pulse width set up.
Okay i think i got the injector pulse width and fuel pressure set up. Thats what you needed right? However when i tried to add them and start the car nothing was logging after being connected and im gonna guess its cause its locked or something because they have little keys with the red circle thing.

IMG_0053.jpeg
Those logging parameters are for getting data from external sources like gauges and external sensors. They won’t work. The key with the circle probably means you don’t have HP Tuners pro feature set, which you’d need in order to use external sources with VCM Scanner.

OP
OP
Maximos_n

Maximos_n

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Max
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Those logging parameters for getting data from external sources like gauges and external sensors. They won’t work.
Idk then man. Im just gonna replace the pump at this point and hope it works.

Sponsored

tdstuart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Triston
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Premium
Did you try the list I sent you. You click the folder button or whatever it is right above the list of parameters and select the channels list I sent you

Again it could be your BAP. Instead of throwing a pump at it just don’t rip on it and see if we can log fuel pressure.

If the channels list I sent you doesn’t have it just ask Lund to send you a channels list with fuel pressure for your laptop

mejohn50

Intergalactic Snail
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mitch
Vehicle(s)
slow junk
I’ll give you my opinion

In post 10 you said Lund told you to replace the fuel pump. Replacing the fuel pump seems like a pretty reasonable course of action to try fixing the fuel pressure code if it truly is an issue. Then in post 30 you said you were told to clear the code and drive the car, though it was unclear to me who told you to do that. You paid a tuner to tune your car, and when you do that you have to give them a level of trust that they are going to take care of your car when you consult them for assistance. I don’t like that that’s the state of this community, but it is what it is and you have two options: listen to Lund and replace the fuel pump, or find another tuner/shop who will give you the type of assistance you’re looking for. The third option is coming here for help and have people give you some pretty bad advice like telling you that your 3.15 gears are an issue or something, but in this instance, without more data there isn‘t much we can do.

Finally, when you are doing pulls, you need to turn Advance Track off fully. I know that’s been covered earlier in this thread, but I (and others) have seen issues in the low 100mph range on some boosted cars with AT enabled where it’ll close the throttle briefly and the torque source blames Advance Track. It goes away with AT fully off. It’s possible this is the slow down in acceleration you perceive in that speed range. Without a log with some specific data in it I wouldn’t be able to tell if that’s what is happening, but it’s free to try.

OP
OP
Maximos_n

Maximos_n

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Max
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I’ll give you my opinion

In post 10 you said Lund told you to replace the fuel pump. Replacing the fuel pump seems like a pretty reasonable course of action to try fixing the fuel pressure code if it truly is an issue. Then in post 30 you said you were told to clear the code and drive the car, though it was unclear to me who told you to do that. You paid a tuner to tune your car, and when you do that you have to give them a level of trust that they are going to take care of your car when you consult them for assistance. I don’t like that that’s the state of this community, but it is what it is and you have two options: listen to Lund and replace the fuel pump, or find another tuner/shop who will give you the type of assistance you’re looking for. The third option is coming here for help and have people give you some pretty bad advice like telling you that your 3.15 gears are an issue or something, but in this instance, without more data there isn‘t much we can do.

Finally, when you are doing pulls, you need to turn Advance Track off fully. I know that’s been covered earlier in this thread, but I (and others) have seen issues in the low 100mph range on some boosted cars with AT enabled where it’ll close the throttle briefly and the torque source blames Advance Track. It goes away with AT fully off. It’s possible this is the slow down in acceleration you perceive in that speed range. Without a log with some specific data in it I wouldn’t be able to tell if that’s what is happening, but it’s free to try.
It was my shop who told me to replace the fuel pump and clear the codes and see if it pops back up. So to turn AT fully off you have to be at a complete stop right? Hold it down until it pops up on the screen advancetrac off. Im able to do it while moving too but maybe its not completely turning it off?

mejohn50

Intergalactic Snail
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mitch
Vehicle(s)
slow junk
It was my shop who told me to replace the fuel pump and clear the codes and see if it pops back up. So to turn AT fully off you have to be at a complete stop right? Hold it down until it pops up on the screen advancetrac off. Im able to do it while moving too but maybe its not completely turning it off?
AT can only be turned off while stopped. You can also unplug the “dyno plug” by the air box and that will kill all AT stuff until you plug it back in. I have my dyno plug wired to a switch inside the car so I can disable AT while moving.

OP
OP
Maximos_n

Maximos_n

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Max
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
AT can only be turned off while stopped. You can also unplug the “dyno plug” by the air box and that will kill all AT stuff until you plug it back in. I have my dyno plug wired to a switch inside the car so I can disable AT while moving.
Is it just a really long hold or like a double press and hold or?
Sponsored