Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 N5809, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Vehicle Showcase
The kids can't afford Ferrari's.
The kids today don’t even want a car. They’re all into the Uber and not working and they have everything delivered to their lazy ass shit.
Sponsored

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
The kids can't afford a Dark Horse.
When I first saw one I said they designed it for 20 somethings and priced it for 50 somethings.

Sponsored

Paddles

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT
You can't really even get into a 5.0 s650 for less than $35k
That would be a stretch for a lot of people not even just kids

TeamGomez

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.centripetalsolutions.com
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'18 350, 996 GT-3, 330 ZHP, E46 M3, SQ5, Tundra
Similar car rental story here- went to Atlanta last month and grabbed a 4 banger Mustang from Hertz. It was late at night and I had an hour drive to familiarize myself with the whole affair. A few observations-
  • The iPad style dash didn't perturb me as much as I thought it would. It was naturally divided between dash gauges (Speed/RPM) and HVAC/Radio section. I do concur on the PITA factor of trying to set temp/etc but got the hang of it on day 2.
  • I thought the car 'waking up' as you approached it was pretty slick.
  • The taillights never sat well with me. It makes the ass end look like the designers left 400 lbs of sack concrete on the rear deck lid...
And $71k for a DH? Not out of this guy's pockets. But when I was talking to my 21 yr old son about the iPad dash, his comment was that resolution and graphics styling change so fast that the most critical elements of driver/car interface will date out faster than the tires thanks to Moores Law (essentially doubling computing power every 2 years). Hadn't thought about that but the video screens may become the achilles heel of tomorrow's resale values.

I'll do just fine with my sweep gauges (and a VD FPC) for $20k less. YMMV.

JetGray_Mach1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 (HP)
Typical S650 hate like usual. Well I think the S650s are fine. I do love my Mach 1 but the Dark Horse is nice in its own way. Also I won't get into the price but base price of a base Mach 1 vs Base Dark Horse is pretty close. Now the Dark Horse has tons of options that inflates the price (such as carbon fiber wheels and such).

Takes me back to the 2010 Mustang when it rolled out. The tail lights I was not a fan of but guess what they made them beautiful by the end of the run. I am sure this model will mature, something like the super snake is something I would consider.

1717314322569-19.png

1717314355358-36.png

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 GT vert A10/23 Mach1 A10/23 Mach1 6MT/24 GT A10
Typical S650 hate like usual. Well I think the S650s are fine. I do love my Mach 1 but the Dark Horse is nice in its own way. Also I won't get into the price but base price of a base Mach 1 vs Base Dark Horse is pretty close. Now the Dark Horse has tons of options that inflates the price (such as carbon fiber wheels and such).

Takes me back to the 2010 Mustang when it rolled out. The tail lights I was not a fan of but guess what they made them beautiful by the end of the run. I am sure this model will mature, something like the super snake is something I would consider.

1717314322569-19.png

1717314355358-36.png
You younger folks (I’m assuming here from context clues) who weaponize the word “hate” and throw it around like it were a preposition crack me up. Just because two or more things exist in the same continuum and a person prefers one over the others doesn’t imply hatred for that which isn’t your first choice. Because you choose to not lick all over something like a popsicle doesn’t mean you hate it. Maybe you’ve never actually seen real hate?

PeterParker

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2019 4T Premium, 2018 Mazda 6 GTR
I really don't mind the "ipads" they look better in person, but please please leave the manual control options for heating cooling, stereo, etc..
It definitely looks more refined and not raw muscle or sports car as well.
Here is a picture that I think represents what Ford was getting at with the rear taillights. Still don't like it on the newer style..
60 mustang by hotel2.jpg
That is what they SHOULD done. Not a fan of the front, rear or the ipads, but on the rear they should continued the body color theme around the rear lights (like the '67/'68). Or make it all gloss black like the 550. One way or the other.

Sponsored

Jxp1962

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT
I think the dark horse and new design mustang is “ok” i wish if they were going to call it a redesign, that it looked more different than our model…it was not much of a look change for a “redesign”

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Also I won't get into the price but base price of a base Mach 1 vs Base Dark Horse is pretty close. Now the Dark Horse has tons of options that inflates the price (such as carbon fiber wheels and such).
Exactly. I think it was CJPP that did a video comparing base prices of the EB, GT and DH/M1 and the change was not that much. Prices have gone up every year. Some years more than others. The average price of a new car is approaching $50k, so to me the Mustang is still a pretty darn good value.

Idaho2018GTPremium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
LOL, this is a $30-$70k car, not an Aston or Lambo or Ferrari. I get your point as far as design goes, but Dark Horse and Aston Martin in the same sentence is hilarious. Hopefully they make it better with a mid cycle refresh but it’s still a Ford at the end of the day.
I’m not saying they’re anywhere near the same class. My point was those cars are desirable by many, and they aren’t doing the tacked on widescreen. Low end manuf are doing it because they’re lazy and cheap and catering to the younger crowds who for some reason think one pane of glass separating multiple screens equals tech and luxury or whatever.

One doesn’t need to make a $300k car to have decent design thought put into a car. The S650 interior is a prime example of Ford trying to fix what wasn’t broken. If they wanted a bigger infotainment screen then sure, make it bigger; just integrate that and the gauge cluster screen into the dash.

Qcman17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cam
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10 Velocity Blue 301A
I’ve seen a few S650s in the wild and think they look quite good. Boomer here btw. My gal thinks they look awesome and said I should buy one ha. But no I like mine just fine but if I didn’t have it I would consider it at least.

My issue with the screens is both that they look tacked on and safety. Even the touch screen in my 19 is dangerous to use while driving. Going deeper into the touch screen menu is much worse.
Sponsored