Dark Horse at Dealership

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Seeing plenty of S650 around my area now. I like the styling personally, the only thing I’m not really a fan of is the headlights (specifically the cubes, not a fan). I like the taillights, wish they would’ve kept the taillight panel black instead of making it body color though.

Interior feels like an upgrade from a material standpoint and I don’t mind the “premium” single screen vs the base 2 piece screens. I do wish there were a few physical knobs though, like Ford did with the 8” screen on S550. But they’re trying to appeal to the younger crowd so I get it (kinda).

The price argument is getting old so I’ll refrain from engaging.
Sponsored

Geodudes550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joseph
Vehicle(s)
S550 2018 Mustang GT Premium
I really like that blue ember color and it’s disappointing that’s it’s only available on the top trim DH. If I could have that color in a GT I could much more easily be convinced to swap to a 650.

Snakebyte

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Convertible
At first I thought those were "wave stripes" on the side in the OP's pics. But apparently there is an unusual reflection from the building's architecture. Until I figured that out I was about to say, that would have limited the number of buyers who'd want to pay an outrageous price for such dealer-installed options.

Rock&Roll

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Stick- 2022 VW GTI Stick -2011 HD Fatboy
I want to like those iPad style screens but NO.

I'm good with my low tech 16 GT 🤟

The rest of the car looks nice.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
My suspicion is that many companies are removing physical controls for the purpose of making the cars a few dollars cheaper so they can squeeze more profit out. They definitely didn't poll drivers and do what most people prefer.

Sponsored

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
They definitely didn't poll drivers and do what most people prefer.
Unfortunately the kids want the screens and lack of buttons, it's "high tech".

Idaho2018GTPremium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
Supposedly, except its really just a cheap design and tacky looking. Look at any very high-end interior that's come out in the last couple of years. They do NOT have a stupid widescreen glued across the top of the dash. The new 2025 Aston Martin Vantage interior has a more traditional layout and a housing for the digital gauge cluster, and a separate infotainment screen, both integrated into the dash. And they have some physical buttons. The new Ferrari 12Cilindri? Also has a gauge cluster housing integrated into the design. Not some low rent widescreen tacked on the dash. Lamborghini Revuelto? You guessed it, separate screens integrated into the dash, with a gauge cluster housing.

If you want your car design to look like a Kia or Hyundai, then sure, tack on an uninspiring widescreen on the dash. I don't see how people can think it's cool when Kia, Hyundai, or any number of other low-end manufacturers are doing it.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
Supposedly, except its really just a cheap design and tacky looking. Look at any very high-end interior that's come out in the last couple of years. They do NOT have a stupid widescreen glued across the top of the dash.

The kids can't afford Ferrari's.

robvas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They should have put a bigger engine in it to make it stand out. 5.2 at the least but whatever they could have fit in the block.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Supposedly, except its really just a cheap design and tacky looking. Look at any very high-end interior that's come out in the last couple of years. They do NOT have a stupid widescreen glued across the top of the dash. The new 2025 Aston Martin Vantage interior has a more traditional layout and a housing for the digital gauge cluster, and a separate infotainment screen, both integrated into the dash. And they have some physical buttons. The new Ferrari 12Cilindri? Also has a gauge cluster housing integrated into the design. Not some low rent widescreen tacked on the dash. Lamborghini Revuelto? You guessed it, separate screens integrated into the dash, with a gauge cluster housing.

If you want your car design to look like a Kia or Hyundai, then sure, tack on an uninspiring widescreen on the dash. I don't see how people can think it's cool when Kia, Hyundai, or any number of other low-end manufacturers are doing it.
LOL, this is a $30-$70k car, not an Aston or Lambo or Ferrari. I get your point as far as design goes, but Dark Horse and Aston Martin in the same sentence is hilarious. Hopefully they make it better with a mid cycle refresh but it’s still a Ford at the end of the day.

Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
VW tried it and not too many people liked it. I think the Golf is a car many younger buyers used to be interested in. I believe that VW is putting the physical controls back into the car.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
I believe that VW is putting the physical controls back into the car.
Lets hope the rest of the industry follows suit. The stupid spin wheel and menus kept me from buying a BMW. As a MC rider I hate the screens. If they are not on their phone their eyes are glued to the infotainment screen.

I went to look at some new dressers the other day, and yep screens. SMH

Johnny Rockit

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Johnny
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT 6-speed. 2015 F-250XLT,73 Torino
Drift brake? I see a Ford denial on claims in the future. Individual tpms? Lol. Bin dun befo. Zero about it turns me on.
Sponsored