Sponsored

Carbon trap removal, +18 hp ??

First Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang Mach1
So if we remove the sleev and tune for the increased intake diameter, we should be able to get more than 18hp? It’s hard to.conceive that so much power is being lost at the air intake.
Sponsored

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
IMO, it’s real simple.
The dyno results don’t mean anything.
The trap dropped the 22-23 10hp . Removing it put it back to what the 21 had.
So much speculation is funny

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 GT vert A10/23 Mach1 A10/23 Mach1 6MT/24 GT A10
IMO, it’s real simple.
The dyno results don’t mean anything.
The trap dropped the 22-23 10hp . Removing it put it back to what the 21 had.
So much speculation is funny
The dyno results don’t mean anything?

Say what?

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
The dyno results don’t mean anything?

Say what?
I’m saying it’s the same ford factory 10hp difference between 21-22. Dynos all read, and correct differently .
I’m pretty confident Ford didn’t tune the car for 18 more hp and then choke it with the trap.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Well to make everyone happy we need someone that lives close to a dyno with a 22-23 Mach 1 with no mods and to do a before and after removing the hydrocarbon filter and report back.
No. We need:

Any of yous verify the gain at the track ? You'll be 2/10ths faster. Otherwise all this blah blah gains is fantasy.
Make a run with the trap, remove the trap (it's after the MAF so the PCM doesn't give a shit), make another run. TRIMS will more than compensate.

Sponsored

RocketGuy3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2016 Cayman GT4
I’m saying it’s the same ford factory 10hp difference between 21-22. Dynos all read, and correct differently .
I’m pretty confident Ford didn’t tune the car for 18 more hp and then choke it with the trap.
Yeah, depending on whether Ford re-tuned the engine, I'm not sure you would even get the 10hp back without a tune, let alone 18.

... But OP says he can feel the difference, so it must be true. 😇

chuckhammer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT, Carbonized Gray, MT82, base, no options.

steathv

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2022 California Special
On my GT the carbon trap removal improved drive ability. It is not all about horsepower that makes a car fun to drive. So how much horsepower the trap removal provides is not necessarily the most important thing. If the car is more enjoyable to drive, that may be the most important attribute. You can't drive wide open all of the time. How the engine responds to the throttle can be the most fun.

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
And after an oil change at the dealer, the butt dyno always feels loss of HP and anxiety. Why is that? 😁
Your quote in this post is mis-attributed to me. Not sure how that happens but please edit.

Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
we need someone that lives close to a dyno with a 22-23 Mach 1 with no mods and to do a before and after removing the hydrocarbon filter and report back.
If it's zero or 20, what damn difference does it make? If you wanna yank it so as to chuck it at Farley's face, by all means. Otherwise let it be or nail it to the tree of EPA pointless schemes.

Better yet burn it in an open air and release unfathomable carbon dioxide pollution in gross excess of what it would have purported to have reduced during it's service life.

Zent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 GT Premium
ford engineers spent all that time designing the engine just to limit the hp with a simple carbon trap 💀

TRDFurgesson

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bobby
Vehicle(s)
22 Mach1 N0426, 22 Bronco Wildtrak 2dr, 92 Yota 4x
Vehicle Showcase
There’s a couple YouTube videos of guys who have done dyno pulls and I mean the numbers do show the improvement of 18+ but I just don’t know, I have to do it myself,
like I said there is a noticeable improvement, if I had to put a number on it just by feel maybe 8-10 HP,
Yea, I think it was

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It’s kinda funny really. Carbon trap pullers ain’t never gonna get no respect.

Guys pull the CF and say they can feel the difference and people want to tell them what their own butts can and can’t feel. They say “take it to the dyno and prove it”. Nobody notices Tony already did that or they attempt to discredit Tony’s work by saying “too many variables, take it to the strip”. Umm, how many variables exist in a before and after drag strip run comparo?

I may or may not pull mine at some point but if I do I’ll bet the convo will not have changed. It’s getting to be about as bad as the Mach 1 vs. GT350 thing.

LOL WUT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GT
It’s kinda funny really. Carbon trap pullers ain’t never gonna get no respect.

Guys pull the CF and say they can feel the difference and people want to tell them what their own butts can and can’t feel. They say “take it to the dyno and prove it”. Nobody notices Tony already did that or they attempt to discredit Tony’s work by saying “too many variables, take it to the strip”. Umm, how many variables exist in a before and after drag strip run comparo?

I may or may not pull mine at some point but if I do I’ll bet the convo will not have changed. It’s getting to be about as bad as the Mach 1 vs. GT350 thing.
Id agree there are far more variables at the the strip vs same day same dyno pulls.

Back to back dyno pulls with and without the carbon trap would be a much better reality, which Tony has done.
Sponsored