Sponsored

All 2015+ Mustang S550 renders / chops compilation

RIParker

I actually really like that one ^

Since you guys are bringing up convertibles, Are there any renders of the convertible? Regardless of where the mustang vert sales are currently, the convertible has always been an important segment for mustang and I would think Ford design teams would certainly consider heavily how any design will look as a convertible.
One thing for sure, we'll probably see a sleeker and more swept back roofline which should really help with the look of the verts.

Hopefully it can look half as good as this

mrkrabz

Threads
Reaction score
YTD sales:

Ford Mustang 6,421
Chevrolet Camaro 4,751
Volkswagen Beetle 4,305
Mercedes-Benz SL class 2,380
Mercedes-Benz E class 2,206
BMW 328i 2,108
Chrysler 200 1,980
Fiat 500 1,920
Mazda MX-5 Miata 1,822
Porsche Boxster 1,686

Link
#1 I was referring to overall sales, not just YTD,
#2 That article references to registrations, not sales. Those are two completely different things.

zerot

attachment.jpg

No like :tsk:

I could not pick this out as a Mustang in a lineup with other sports cars :tsk:

Sponsored

gojensen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Ecoboost 'vert
Ooh, much prefer that ^ grey one to the orange... for me the round lights/fog-lights is a big part of what screams Mustang to me. Some of these other renders/designs that is posted just doesn't look right...

Really love the 'Wild Speed' renders aswell. Can't wait for Ford to spring the real stuff on us... not sure if I should just get a new '14 or wait...

Mriley

I'm just not a big fan of that angular snakehead look of these renders. It really reminds me of a lot of some imports. I mean look, the backdrop is clearly Greece or Italy or something :)

The round lights definitely make it look more mustang, but that look is almost for sure gonne in the next one.

Sponsored

StangFX

Pretty cool looks like a clay model.

The general shape of everything up until the rear wheels looks about right but I would think (and hope) the roofline stretches back more. It looks like it's got the rear deck of a sedan in that pic.

mrkrabz

Threads
Reaction score
You have the window line almost spot on. My only suggestion would to make the B pillar a little more thick per say and body colored, but only a small line towards the end of the front window. (I hope that makes sense) The front looks good as well. Nice job. I'm not sure about the roof line and the rear though. With the fake roof, fake spoiler and fake rear deck, it's almost impossible to tell where the roof ends. This is a pretty good prediction though.

Someone needs to show this to a Ford employee, preferably one who has already commented on the new stang, and ask them how close it is.

Melino

Eh, It's still too early to do that I think. You can show it to an employee and they could say yea it's kind of what's underneath but no way it's that simple.

Also what others have said here is true I think. The side profile may end up being the least distinct & unique. Without the front and rear fascias which is a total guess at this point, even if you nail the overall profile it'll only give you very little idea what the finished product will look like.

mrkrabz

Threads
Reaction score
Eh, It's still too early to do that I think. You can show it to an employee and they could say yea it's kind of what's underneath but no way it's that simple.

Also what others have said here is true I think. The side profile may end up being the least distinct & unique. Without the front and rear fascias which is a total guess at this point, even if you nail the overall profile it'll only give you very little idea what the finished product will look like.
I don't think he is trying to guess the final product. It's a clay render for a reason. To give the overall shape, not little tiny details.
Sponsored