Sponsored

All 2015+ Mustang S550 renders / chops compilation

J.Darcy

attachment.png

is this just a render of the spy photo? i read that this may be the base model judging by the wheels.......

anyway what do you guys think are the chances we get a notchback and fastback? convertible sales are down a ton i hear. i think they can sell more fastbacks than convertibles.
Sponsored

Melino

is this just a render of the spy photo? i read that this may be the base model judging by the wheels.......

anyway what do you guys think are the chances we get a notchback and fastback? convertible sales are down a ton i hear. i think they can sell more fastbacks than convertibles.

There's also no reason for them to do this. Notch and fast backs look similar enough. It would be one or the other PLUS the vert..... sales may be down but their competition still offers one and it has good margins so it's not going anywhere.

MustangDizzle

Threads
Reaction score
attachment.png

This is a modification of a spy pic to try and get the silhouette of the car.

Sponsored

Thed

Future Pre-Runner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Miata Club
convertible sales are down a ton i hear. i think they can sell more fastbacks than convertibles.
Whether that's true or not is something I don't know, but know this.

the Mustang is the best-selling convertible on the market. It would be downright foolish and idiotic for Ford to NOT sell a convertible Mustang.

Maestro5.0

The whole point of camo is to deceive and they covered up the rear quarters to hell. Guessing at where the roofline ends and is a total shot in the dark until better pictures come out.

mrkrabz

Threads
Reaction score
The whole point of camo is to deceive and they covered up the rear quarters to hell. Guessing at where the roofline ends and is a total shot in the dark until better pictures come out.
+1
They went through some trouble to camouflage the roof and rear pretty well, so I'm betting they have something pretty special under there. Not something you can just guess.

Vickstang

the Mustang is the best-selling convertible on the market. It would be downright foolish and idiotic for Ford to NOT sell a convertible Mustang.
Any idea if that's because of fleet sales (to rental companies)? Seems like whenever I see a Mustang convertible it's usually from a rental company.

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550

Every time I see a nice, neat, 3 sentence post that ends an arguement... My cholesterol just DROPS... It's that good for me.

Sponsored

mrkrabz

Threads
Reaction score

The Volkswagen beetle is the number one selling convertible, followed by the Mazda Miata.

Thed

Future Pre-Runner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Miata Club
The Volkswagen beetle is the number one selling convertible, followed by the Mazda Miata.
YTD sales:

Ford Mustang 6,421
Chevrolet Camaro 4,751
Volkswagen Beetle 4,305
Mercedes-Benz SL class 2,380
Mercedes-Benz E class 2,206
BMW 328i 2,108
Chrysler 200 1,980
Fiat 500 1,920
Mazda MX-5 Miata 1,822
Porsche Boxster 1,686

Link

SunTzu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nope
I actually really like that one ^

Since you guys are bringing up convertibles, Are there any renders of the convertible? Regardless of where the mustang vert sales are currently, the convertible has always been an important segment for mustang and I would think Ford design teams would certainly consider heavily how any design will look as a convertible.
Sponsored