Sponsored

Johnnybee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 convertible
Window sticker on the DH was $91,000 cad, I almost s#%t myself,
Holy cow! For that money you could buy a base GT and maybe squeak out a ‘66 coupe with the change.
Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
I liked the 280 or was it the 240???? Z with the straight 6. That thing had a lope at idle.
yeah the 240-270Z were nice if cheaply made and it showed. After that they got fat and wide. yuck.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Agreed. Along those lines, I was listening to one of the GTD engineers saying he expects it to weigh in around the same as the GT500. Which blew my mind, the 500 is already at least 200 lbs overweight. And the DH is right around the GT500 weight IIRC.
Tom posted a video over in the GT500 section yesterday (GT3 at LeMans thread). If it’s correct, I’d say that’s a tad lighter than the 500…

IMG_3237.jpeg

WItoTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Tom posted a video over in the GT500 section yesterday (GT3 at LeMans thread). If it’s correct, I’d say that’s a tad lighter than the 500…

IMG_3237.jpeg
Interesting...the same thread had the video I listened to of what's his face from m Multimatic explaining specs.

Sponsored

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Interesting...the same thread had the video I listened to of what's his face from m Multimatic explaining specs.
Yeah, there seems to be some conflicting numbers floating out there. I asked if the guy in the video that posted those weights has legit sources as that is incredibly light. I was hoping for something around 3,600lbs when GTD was first announced. Hopefully FP starts releasing more info

WItoTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Yeah, there seems to be some conflicting numbers floating out there. I asked if the guy in the video that posted those weights has legit sources as that is incredibly light. I was hoping for something around 3,600lbs when GTD was first announced. Hopefully FP starts releasing more info
I just saw the Tom you mention. I wouldn't lean on him for anything factual. He was bashing Ford on a warranty denial thread. I quoted one of his posts on his ragging on Ford.

A week or two later, he decided he didn't hate Ford anymore, deleted all his negative posts and asked everyone who quoted his negative posts to delete them so he could get on the GTD list.

vaeevictiss

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium PP1
to be fair, you really gotta give it to ford for opening up the mustang to every group. Wanna spend 30k and get a mustang? there's one for you. Wanna spend 300k and get a mustang? theres one for you (if you get accepted).

Sponsored

RedTetsu13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT California Special
Internally at Ford all the info is still under NDA outside of an employee/mustang enthusiast event in WHQ these guys have kept a tight mouth on in regards to the gtd.

I think I probably have more knowledge on the features they are opening up to prospective owners (in terms of customization) over specs and componentry.

13GetThere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lynn
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP2 Magnet Grey
In general, the S650 is not a bad looking Mustang. However, I would take a Mach 1 HP over any of the Dark Horse Mustangs. The interior of the S650 just turns me off.
Just my .02.

SammieJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, M2463 & 2022 Mach 1, N4871
They can tweak the exterior all they want, be it the Boss or a Hot Cars rendering but oh my, they can’t do anything about that interior iPad dash. I know the Gen 6 has a largely digital dash when you get honest about it, but it at least it presents itself in an analog sort of way reminiscent of a classic look. I think it was a generational choice to go after younger folks who are comfortable with that sort of dash. Yea, it is highly customizable but to me it is just plain ugly.

sdskinner73

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
2018 premium GT A10 3.55s
Window sticker on the DH was $91,000 cad, I almost s#%t myself,
for $91K, you can go 12.7 in the quarter. Or you know, the same thing any V8 mustang is capable of doing. The DH is an overpriced “look at me” item. Has yet to do anything to wow me for the price of the Shelby or Roush cars