K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
That was this year. I said 2022-2023.

They lost money on each last year also. Get your head out of the clouds.

From CNN
" In 2023, Ford Model e reported a full-year EBIT loss of $4.7 billion on sales of 116,000 EVs, or an average of $40,525 per vehicle, just more than a third of the first quarter loss."

Shelbeast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
RAJ
Vehicle(s)
GT500, MME-GT, BMW X-1
They lost money on each last year also. Get your head out of the clouds.

From CNN
" In 2023, Ford Model e reported a full-year EBIT loss of $4.7 billion on sales of 116,000 EVs, or an average of $40,525 per vehicle, just more than a third of the first quarter loss."
Relax, get your head in the clouds.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
I LOVE 350z's but DESPISE the 370's 🤷🏻‍♂️
My housemate had 3 engines put into his 350. Did I miss something or is there not a spec of difference between the 350/370? Nissan didn't fix the suspension, the lack of braking, or anything else. IMO they had a lot of nerve calling it anything other than a 350.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
You have to look at those things every time you drive it!
worse, you get to see the triangle 'ears' of the panel sticking out past the steering wheel. And squint at the displays with their way-too-fine tick marks. It's an ergonomic/human-factors disaster, clearly the result of cubicle monkeys w**king to their creation on 36" 4K monitors in an indoor setting.

I don't much care for the digital display in the S550 either, but it's not nearly as badly designed.

Sponsored

Krankenstein

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kodi
Vehicle(s)
1970 GB Mach 1 & 2022 GB Mach1
It is around a track. I've not met anyone at the track who said the M1, or GT350 for that matter, is better. All say the DH is a better track weapon. AutoX, the M1 and GT350 have a leg up on it because of the weight.

It's a faster track car. What the numbers on a sheet of paper say is irrelevant.
I think the jury is still out on the Dark Horse, it is certainly a very capable track car and a slight improvement over the Mach 1, but I have not met anyone yet who said the Dark Horse is better than either of its predecessors. A lot of it really comes down to driver skill, tire compound and what track you are running. I have heard guys say that if the Mach 1 had the Dark Horse tires that the Mach 1 would beat it or land about even, but I have yet to see anyone actually test that. Besides we are only talking about 1-2 second (if that) in lap times, give or take a few milliseconds, which again is going to vary based on numerous factors and is a difference most won't be able to notice let alone achieve.

I recently took my car to OIR and while I wasn't the fastest guy out there, there was a stock Mach 1 running faster lap times than the stock Dark Horse that was out there. Both HP cars and very experienced drivers. That was the first time the Mach driver had been to that track while the Dark Horse driver had been their a couple times before. The Dark Horse owner even had a GT350 previously and he still hadn't made up his mind on which one he liked more. I did manage to sit passenger in the Dark Horse for a session and it really amplified my opinion on the car.

However, for me the Mach 1 is the better pick mostly because of the price and more freedom for modifications/tuning. Looks wise I kind of lean more towards the Mach as well, the interior and exterior just speaks to me more. But, the Dark Horse is certainly a beautiful car (esp in white) and the interior quality is a step up from the S550. I think give it another year or so and the Dark Horse will be as appreciated as the Mach and 350. All that said, if cost was not a factor and both cars where left as stock handling pack cars, it would be a very hard pick between the two for a dedicated track car.

Last edited:

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Odyssey, Toyota Tacoma, 89 GT project, 2020 Magnetic EB HPP w/ 6M
My housemate had 3 engines put into his 350. Did I miss something or is there not a spec of difference between the 350/370? Nissan didn't fix the suspension, the lack of braking, or anything else. IMO they had a lot of nerve calling it anything other than a 350.
We just unloaded my daughters 350Z. It drove nice, but was an absolute piece of shit.

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Odyssey, Toyota Tacoma, 89 GT project, 2020 Magnetic EB HPP w/ 6M
It is around a track. I've not met anyone at the track who said the M1, or GT350 for that matter, is better. All say the DH is a better track weapon. AutoX, the M1 and GT350 have a leg up on it because of the weight.

It's a faster track car. What the numbers on a sheet of paper say is irrelevant.
Track, sure. It's got power and brakes, the two best things. The bloody thing is heavy, though.

Pete whoever(can't remember his name, atm) that autocrosses all the time with a 2015 Eco went head to head with a DH a couple weeks back. It beat him by a tenth or something with a good driver.

Ford needs to add lightness...a lot of it.

WItoTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Track, sure. It's got power and brakes, the two best things. The bloody thing is heavy, though.

Pete whoever(can't remember his name, atm) that autocrosses all the time with a 2015 Eco went head to head with a DH a couple weeks back. It beat him by a tenth or something with a good driver.

Agreed. Along those lines, I was listening to one of the GTD engineers saying he expects it to weigh in around the same as the GT500. Which blew my mind, the 500 is already at least 200 lbs overweight. And the DH is right around the GT500 weight IIRC.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I was listening to one of the GTD engineers saying he expects it to weigh in around the same as the GT500. Which blew my mind,
Surely adding lightness can't possibly require ceramic honey-comb sandwiches or other exotic solutions as used on say the Audi R8, almost 20 freaking years ago?

Sponsored

Charlemagne

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Tempest 2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M3440
Vehicle Showcase
I don't think that's possible in a significant or feasible way.
So I got myself a 1200 kg 250 hp Mini on steroids and they complement each other in different ways 😁 Best of both worlds. And that supercharger whine, damn.

elmach1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang Mach 1
I bought my M1 late 2023 and was considering both… I think one day I’ll buy an S650, but I genuinely enjoy the body lines of the S550 better. There’s more resemblance the late 60s Mustang heritage. Don’t even get me started on the ss650 interior!

I’m starting to accept the new generation mustang a bit more, but to me, there’s no comparison in appearance, the Mach all day

MACHtobers Very Own

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang MACH 1
it's more of a looks and appearance thing for me. I like 350's but 370's look like mushed jellybeans. I can't stand them despite being fundamentally the same car.

sounds very similiar to the argument of s550vs650

BlkMach10510

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1
it's more of a looks and appearance thing for me. I like 350's but 370's look like mushed jellybeans. I can't stand them despite being fundamentally the same car.

sounds very similiar to the argument of s550vs650
Don't like the 350/370...like the 300ZX

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
I liked the 280 or was it the 240???? Z with the straight 6. That thing had a lope at idle.
Sponsored