Not open for further replies.

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
Just said I wouldn't CALL it that name. Kinda like every manufacturer out there adds the word "Technology" in every product's commercial - it's deceptive advertising. Heck, even the DRIVER affects "performance", are the drivers called "Performance Packs"? nope.

Just name it like it was named "Heavy duty brake and cooling package". Those that track their cars will know to what level performance is affected.
Since my '15 GTPP is not really a performance package setup. Please enlighten us all about your stickered 45th ANNIVERSARY Camaro?:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Brent302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP

Sponsored

Sasuketr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GTPP

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
If you are willing to sacrifice that active exhaust, looks like you can shave more than 30 lbs. Cadillac seems to have a better quality steel exhaust with an x pipe, while camaro runs with straight trough but heavy duty steel.
I couldn't buy one without the active exhaust. Even for $900, the sound (at least on the last gen) was totally worth it IMO. Of course that sound wasn't enough to make me buy a Camaro - too many other flaws.

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
Oh I see a lot. Especially all these made up numbers.
No you don't...

You are force fed a lot and think it's the same.

ThePill is the most accurate source for 2016 Camaro info. That is NOT made up...

I absolutely cannot wait to hear the screams. No excuses now...

2Cool

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium, PP in CO
I agree on your first point...the Premium trim with a billion options drives me nuts...and not just for the Mustang.

Especially when it comes to comparisons...if a magazine is going to do a TRUE max performance evaluation, they need to use the best trim/option(s) for the job. Didn't C&D also use a Premium for their Lightning Lap 2015?
The sad thing is that they test the vehicles that the manufacturers provide to them. So most often Marketing wants to show off all the shiny bits without having a clue about how it affects performance, or how the "as tested" price creates a negative response.

Davy_Baby9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CRD
If you are willing to sacrifice that active exhaust, looks like you can shave more than 30 lbs. Cadillac seems to have a better quality steel exhaust with an x pipe, while camaro runs with straight trough but heavy duty steel.
If I get one, I'd be torn on what to do with the exhaust. NPP is great, all active, controllable, and it actually sounds great, but that muffler looks like it's at least 50lbs haha.

I know Borla makes NPP exhausts for the Corvette, but damn they're pricey.

Sponsored

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
Since my '15 GTPP is not really a performance package setup. Please enlighten us all about your stickered 45th ANNIVERSARY Camaro?:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
I find it strange GM calls their 13.6/13.3 inch rotors "Heavy Duty"....

Duty maybe... but I wouldn't spell "duty" in the traditional manner.

A Performance Package that doesn't increase performance is not a performance package... Keeping that tradition, any 45th Anniversary Package on a car that hasn't been around for 45 years shouldn't be an anniversary package...

Seems reasonable...

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
2016 Camaro Curb Weight estimates:

1LT: 3600lbs

1SS: 3770lbs

Ecoduke: ???

thePills estimates:

1LT: 3580-3620lbs

1SS: 3780-3820lbs

Ecoduke: 3530-3560lbs

2LT & 2SS add 30-40lbs

RS: Not much but required for PP?

(F@ck embargo's and f@ck GM)

Erik427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 Mustang
2016 Camaro Curb Weight estimates:

1LT: 3600lbs

1SS: 3770lbs

Ecoduke: ???

thePills estimates:

1LT: 3580-3620lbs

1SS: 3780-3820lbs

Ecoduke: 3530-3560lbs

2LT & 2SS add 30-40lbs

RS: Not much but required for PP?

(F@ck embargo's and f@ck GM)
HAHA

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
How to f@ck up a car in the name of weight savings and budget:

Step #1: Remove critical mass and rigidity from the ATS-V's sub-structure.

ATS-V

Solution: A tent stake and some JB Weld. The most effective forms of rigidity is cast/forged triangulation. This is merely a Torque Box Brace and just as effective as those high speed strut tower braces last Gen.

2016 Camaro

garagelogic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 LX 5.0 Coupe-Coyote Swapped
Vehicle Showcase
KMPregnant over there is a riot. He's remotely calling people out on information, but his reading comprehension leaves a lot to be desired.

...where it says the new Camaro is ATS based, and suspensions will swap out. All this time you've been saying CTS based. Wrong again my friend. This happens when you make stuff up.
Actually, the article just states that at ATS and the Camaro share the same Alpha architecture. It even goes further and says:

Much of the floor stampings are similar to the Cadillac ATS coupe, which shares the Camaro’s Alpha platform, but there were a lot of changes made during the Camaro’s development. For example, the suspension cradles could swap between the two, although the suspension links are longer on the Camaro because of its increased track width. The upper camber link and the toe link were repositioned accordingly. The Camaro uses more caster, partly due to the longer wheelbase that allowed engineers to kick the strut forward at the bottom. Caster curves are also improved over the fifth-generation Camaro.
In other words, while the cradles remain the same, the suspension components will NOT interchange.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.